Piano World Home Page
Posted By: mrish Annoying F4 Click on my new Casio PX S3000 - 10/15/19 04:13 AM
Hello guys,

Just got my Casio PX S3000 yesterday.

I am encountering a very strange issue.The F4 key produces an annoying 'click' each time it's released. The click sound is produced each time regardless of the velocity, slow or fast. This does not happen with any other key.

Since F4 lies at the middle of the keyboard, wondering if this behaviour is by design. The sound is annoying even at moderate volume.

Cheers,
Not by design. Dealer/Casio should assist you.
Hello mrish,

Originally Posted by mrish
Since F4 lies at the middle of the keyboard, wondering if this behaviour is by design.

Do you mean you're wondering if Casio developed the PX-S3000 keyboard so that F-4 produces a faint clicking sound on every instrument?

If so, I very much doubt it. More likely the key just needs some minor adjustment.

If you have any concerns with your PX-3000, my recommendation would be to raise them with the dealer and/or Casio distributor in your region.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: mrish Re: Annoying F4 Click on my new Casio PX S3000 - 10/15/19 04:43 AM
Thanks guys!

Got this under a 10-day return policy. So, I reckon this needs to go back to the dealer.

Originally Posted by Kawai James

More likely the key just needs some minor adjustment.

I thought so too.

Since the sound was coming only from F4 that happens to be at the middle, I was suspecting this key has something 'mechanically' different from other keys, that's causing this issue.

My bad.. didn't realize where my use of '..by design' will take it. Of course, Casio will not design something that produces sounds other than those expected from Day 1 smile

Cheers,
I have some issues with two keys on my S1000 but it’s more of a scratching sound. Have contacted my dealer and waiting an answer.

https://youtu.be/vASJw3uKaP4
Posted By: ECP Re: Annoying F4 Click on my new Casio PX S3000 - 10/16/19 12:32 AM
I am pretty certain it is a wire tie that needs to be moved a little to get out of the way of the motion of the key. Easy fix, find you local Casio service center and it will be covered under warranty of course.
Yes, good call.

These portable instruments are very cramped inside - it does not take much for a wire to come loose from its bindings, and rub against a hammer/action mechanism.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: mrish Re: Annoying F4 Click on my new Casio PX S3000 - 10/20/19 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Yes, good call.

These portable instruments are very cramped inside - it does not take much for a wire to come loose from its bindings, and rub against a hammer/action mechanism.

Kind regards,
James
x

Originally Posted by ECP
I am pretty certain it is a wire tie that needs to be moved a little to get out of the way of the motion of the key. Easy fix, find you local Casio service center and it will be covered under warranty of course.

Perhaps, what you mentioned seems to be very logical. Had it been out of warranty, I am sure I could fix this myself as on further analysis, it did seem like something getting in the way of key's release action mid-way.

But there was more annoyance in store(pun not intended). This time it was the 'A3':

Casio (others too) do not offer a very reliable and customer-friendly service in my country. Hence I decided to return it instead in place of exploring warranty-service on Day 1.

Cheers,
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums