Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Yuri Pavlov Home upright piano sound? - 08/21/19 05:08 AM
I need your advice - I wanted to recreate the sound of a home piano, but not in ruins and with falling keys, not honky-tonk, but a little frustrated, but pretty in my own way (I just have this at home).
Did it work or not, what do you think?
Where did the idea come from - you watch a movie, where the main character plays an old piano, and the sound is like a steinway piano ... But I want a more natural one. Do not look for a semi-detuned piano? So I'm experimenting with the Pianoteq settings.
https://soundcloud.com/yuripavl/glenn-miller-pennsylvania-65000
How?
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Home upright piano sound? - 08/21/19 06:23 AM
The easiest way to do this is to use bottom "Condition" slider. You can easily get randomized slightly(or terribly) detuned instrument.
Posted By: Yuri Pavlov Re: Home upright piano sound? - 08/21/19 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nordomus
The easiest way to do this is to use bottom "Condition" slider. You can easily get randomized slightly(or terribly) detuned instrument.

?? I dont find "condition" frown
Posted By: clothearednincompo Re: Home upright piano sound? - 08/21/19 06:50 PM
"Condition" is just under the four pedals.

Another interesting adjustment is the string length. You can't quite turn a grand into an upright as the relative lengths of bass and treble strings are so different. But shorter makes it at least a smaller grand more likely to be found at home.

And I think it worked pretty well.
Posted By: Yuri Pavlov Re: Home upright piano sound? - 08/22/19 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
"Condition" is just under the four pedals.

Another interesting adjustment is the string length. You can't quite turn a grand into an upright as the relative lengths of bass and treble strings are so different. But shorter makes it at least a smaller grand more likely to be found at home.

And I think it worked pretty well.

O!!!! Thanks!!!! But it’s very strange that in bass the value of unison width is> 0, although in bass the piano usually has one string for each key
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums