Piano World Home Page

RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height...

Posted By: Spno

RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/13/19 10:40 PM

I was wondering what height the top of white keys ends up at? It looks to me like it'll end up about 750mm (29.5") or more.

...which is not good IMO. It looks like a good stand otherwise though?

Incidentally, if anyone has the RD2000 with a KS-V8 Stand? If so, what height does that end up at...apparently it's a great stand.
Posted By: nicknameTaken

Re: RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/14/19 11:18 AM

Hello,

I have the K&M 18810 and I use it on the lowest possible option, minus the foots, in combination with the RD2000. Otherwise, it was a tad too tall. The KS-V8 would be too tall for me.
But I'm not tall, I'm 1,65m. Could measure the distance from floor to white keys in cm when I'm at home.
Please refrain from using non-metric units when you want to know it precisely.
Posted By: Doug M.

Re: RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/14/19 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Spno
I was wondering what height the top of white keys ends up at? It looks to me like it'll end up about 750mm (29.5") or more.

Incidentally, if anyone has the RD2000 with a KS-V8 Stand? If so, what height does that end up at...apparently it's a great stand.

I thought the stand for the RD2000 was the Roland KS-G8?

Isnt the KS-V8 the V-piano stand? Bit overkill for the RD2000 surely?

Re: RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/14/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by nicknameTaken
Hello,

I have the K&M 18810 and I use it on the lowest possible option, minus the foots, in combination with the RD2000. Otherwise, it was a tad too tall. The KS-V8 would be too tall for me.
But I'm not tall, I'm 1,65m. Could measure the distance from floor to white keys in cm when I'm at home.
Please refrain from using non-metric units when you want to know it precisely.

Hi!

I have the K&M 18810 too...it's a good stand for gigging; probably the most solid stand I've ever used, it literally doesn't budge....but I use the RD2000 for composition at home, under a desk, and I keep banging my knees off the strut at the back. At the second lowest setting the top of the white keys are 715mm, which is good IMO.

The reason I'm interested in the KS-G8/KS-V8 is that there's nothing to bang my knees off and it would keep the pedal in place...I reckon they're both gonna put it too high though.

For reference my upright is 728mm and my mom's Kawai baby grand is 724mm (on castor cups).

Re: RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/14/19 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Doug M.
Originally Posted by Spno

I thought the stand for the RD2000 was the Roland KS-G8?

Isnt the KS-V8 the V-piano stand? Bit overkill for the RD2000 surely?

Interested in the height with both.

Agree, KS-V8 is overkill...but if it got the height right I might try pick one up secondhand.

Re: RD2000 and Roland KS-G8B...anyone using these? Height... - 08/14/19 02:45 PM

...I'm thinking I might just get a metal worker to modify a Quik-Lok M-91 for me, or maybe make longer top arms for the K&M 18810 (the stand is still quite steady with the RD2000 in line with the front legs...I could maybe get them to make a U shape bracket that has a bit of weight at the back, and thicker metal).
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums