Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Romar Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 05:19 AM
I'm about to invest a lot of money on a Kawai CA78, but I've been told that Yamaha will be releasing a new CLP line in April 2020 (which is a long time to wait without a piano!). However, if I'm going to wait, I want it to be worth it.

So far I haven't been too much of a fan of their key action. Especially not compared to Kawais GFII, so will they improve their key actions by any significant margin?
What can I expect?
Posted By: Darkwasp Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 06:46 AM
I think no one has any reliable info about new CLP line pianos at this point, so for now it's all speculations. But it's safe to assume that there won't be any drastic changes, they'll just improve what they already have in previous models (better samples, new control panel, new overall design). As for the action - they may improve Grand Touch action that received such controversial reviews, but I think that will be it, it may became more playable, but there won't be any significant changes. If you like some piano from the current lineup, there is no reason to wait for new models. Digital pianos aren't smartphones, they don't change as much from generation to generation.
There’s always something new coming up, whether it’s phones, PCs, tablets, cameras, ... the question is how soon or how long you can or cannot wait. Unless the new release is next month or couple of months, I would buy now, as new releases are not always better, better for you a least, and often take even longer to become reviewed and available.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 08:01 AM
It seems like Casio will be releasing a new Celviano Grand Hybrid.
You could wait for the CLP700-series release... and then strike a deal on the existing stock of a 600-series pianos.
But if you don't like the Yamaha action that would be pointless. I would expect no changes to the action in next year's release.
Originally Posted by Romar
I've been told that Yamaha will be releasing a new CLP line in April 2020. ... So far I haven't been too much of a fan of their key action.
Posted By: Burkey Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Romar
I'm about to invest a lot of money on a Kawai CA78, but I've been told that Yamaha will be releasing a new CLP line in April 2020 (which is a long time to wait without a piano!). However, if I'm going to wait, I want it to be worth it.

I wouldn't wait - just buy the CA78. It's the best option today.

As for release cycles, Yamaha release a new CLP series every 3 years.

2002 - CLP 100 series
2005 - CLP 200 series
2008 - CLP 300 series
2011 - CLP 400 series
2014 - CLP 500 series
2017 - CLP 600 series
2020 - no betting man is going to bet against a CLP 700 series appearing smile

The only thing you might wait for the Roland's new FP model in September. Unless Casio finally get their act together smile
Posted By: Tyr Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 12:19 PM
Buy a cheap slab piano (Yamah P-125, Kawai ES 110, Roland FP-30 or something else) and save the money if you want to wait.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 02:12 PM
There was once a slab of wood yet it was also a piano. It was a slab of wood on one side yet once turned over, on the other side, there was a piano.
An impression on that slab was nothing more than a keyboard, black and white, painted by an ancient man. That man was poor, that man was frail, that man painted black and white keys on that there slab of wood.
At night, under the stars, as if by osmosis, that slab turned into a piano.

The moral of the story: one should make do with whatever is available; be that a Steinway, a Novus, or even a slab of wood with a keyboard painted on it.

P.S.
That slab of wood also served as an ironing table for old and wrinkled things.
I must have missed school that day ...
Originally Posted by Pete14
There was once a slab of wood yet it was also a piano. It was a slab of wood on one side yet once turned over, on the other side, there was a piano.
An impression on that slab was nothing more than a keyboard, black and white, painted by an ancient man. That man was poor, that man was frail, that man painted black and white keys on that there slab of wood.
At night, under the stars, as if by osmosis, that slab turned into a piano.

The moral of the story: one should make do with whatever is available; be that a Steinway, a Novus, or even a slab of wood with a keyboard painted on it.
Posted By: mwf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 07:33 PM
No one seems to be mentioning the fact kawai as well as yamaha are due to update their cabinet models, kawai new CA series next year will be announced.
Posted By: Romar Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/14/19 09:31 PM
Wow really? I know the current CA models has its flaws (mainly with the GFII), so if they've improved on that I'm definetily interested!
It's hard to be interested in a future when nothing has even been promised.
I have heard they are due a new series of clp range in 2020. I hope the replacement for the clp685 has a more lighter and QUIETER action
Originally Posted by P Twamley
I have heard they are due a new series of clp range in 2020. I hope the replacement for the clp685 has a more lighter and QUIETER action

The previous release dates are : 2002, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2017. One can guess Yamaha change its CLP line every 3 years since 2002... but we will be have to wait 2020 to confirm the rule for CLP7xx.
Posted By: Chrispy Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 10/07/19 10:40 PM
NAMM is in January so perhaps we'll get a preview then if the cadence holds true.
Posted By: Burkey Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 10/08/19 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Chrispy
NAMM is in January so perhaps we'll get a preview then if the cadence holds true.

They usually release their CLP series at Musikmesse (April).
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 10/08/19 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Burkie
Originally Posted by Chrispy

They usually release their CLP series at Musikmesse (April).

That has been the norm for Yamaha.
Posted By: Maartin Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 03/06/20 09:26 AM
Anyone know if the launch of the 7-series will now be postponed, or still released in April?
Originally Posted by Maartin
Anyone know if the launch of the 7-series will now be postponed, or still released in April?

Nobody knows. Honestly, I can see logistics being pretty problematic the next three months. I would not be surprised if any new model would take considerably longer to hit the stores.
I think keychain is right. Items that are important are not being produced in east Asia because the transport logistics are in jeopardy.

And so the less important merchandise is even less likely to get pushed along. I hate to view pianos as less important. But it is what it is.

(Sorry for calling you keychain ... but I'm having fun with the only Dutch word I've ever learned.)
Posted By: Martinez Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 03/06/20 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
I think keychain is right

thumb
I think keychain is right. Items that are important are not being produced in east Asia because the transport logistics are in jeopardy.

And so the less important merchandise is even less likely to get pushed along. I hate to view pianos as less important. But it is what it is.

(Sorry for calling you keychain ... but I'm having fun with the only Dutch word I've ever learned.)

Ha, no problem. Check this if you want to annoy those around you with a perfect pronounciation of 'sleutel' (key):
https://forvo.com/word/sleutel/ laugh
Posted By: Martinez Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 03/06/20 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by sleutelbos

Ha, no problem. Check this if you want to annoy those around you with a perfect pronounciation of 'sleutel' (key):
https://forvo.com/word/sleutel/ laugh

@MacMacMac: you can add your own pronunciation to that website!
@stuttermac:-) oh yes, please pronounce "schlötl" smirk whistle grin
Good on, Kammer-meister. I've been called Mac^3 and similar ... but never stuttermac. That's a good one.

This stuff belongs in the "what's in a nym?" thread, eh?
cubicmac, I enjoy your smart comments for quite some time... keep it up!
Kammer-meister laugh
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 03/28/20 05:59 PM
The Musikmesse in Frankfurt should have started next week.
And Yamaha would probably have introduced the new CLP 700 series.
I cannot believe that they are not doing this now.

Has anyone heard anything?
Any new?
They're on pandemic delay. frown
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 03/28/20 07:42 PM
They're on pandemic delay. frown

Where does that model fit in the line Mac^3
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/15/20 05:43 PM
Hi all,

Any new information on this?
Also, would the CLP 775 be the successor to the CLP 625? Looking for the update to 625. Thanks and stay safe out there
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/15/20 07:11 PM
Looking forward for new information about CLP 7XX serie

Hoping:
- Lighter action
- Upright Samples
- More Binaural samples
- Advanced velocity curve(controller)
Posted By: Boboulus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/15/20 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Otavio
Looking forward for new information about CLP 7XX serie

Hoping:
- Lighter action
- Upright Samples
- More Binaural samples
- Advanced velocity curve(controller)

If they integrated the VI Labs Modern U as the upright piano i would be sold. Considering it's a sampled Yamaha U3 it would be the right thing to do laugh
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/15/20 07:38 PM
It's a shame that big manufactures don't offer quality upright samples, only Nord.

I think that Kawai made some upright sample for CA79/99.

For me, at least in the Nord library, upright samples have a lot more soul and caracter, sound more realistic than grand samples.
Posted By: Bhav Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/15/20 08:00 PM
I'm also interested in these now as I am planning on upgrading my DGX 630.

I am awe struck by the white ash cabinets that Yamaha make as they blend in with my favourite furniture colour choices, but currently the CLP 685 doesn't have that finish.

So I will want to keep an eye out for a discounted white ash CLP 675 or if there's an improved model in the next range with the same finish.

With spending that much money though, if I can't find what I would want with the white ash cabinet then I'd rather spend less on a white P-515.
Lighter action = not Yamaha. Buy something else.
If you insist on getting a lighter action in a Yamaha then you'll need to go with an Avant Grand.
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/16/20 06:08 AM
I asked 2 different dealer and both confirmed that there will be a CLP 700 series this year.
The cheaper models 725 and 735 should be announced in May.
The top models should arrive not earlier than by the end of the year.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/16/20 10:47 AM
Odd, it used to be that the top models would be announced first. As a matter of fact, with the Clavs (short for Clavinovas, CG) all models were usually announced around the same time and not months apart (with the exception of the ‘baby grand’ model).
Posted By: JoeT Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/16/20 11:05 AM
Odd, it used to be that the top models would be announced first. As a matter of fact, with the Clavs (short for Clavinovas, CG) all models were usually announced around the same time and not months apart (with the exception of the ‘baby grand’ model).
It's rather odd to announce the whole lineup at the same time. The lower models usually use previous generation technology, which is readily available, while the top models usually bring something new from R&D to the table.
So I guess "odd" = "common"? smile
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/16/20 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by dima5222
I asked 2 different dealer and both confirmed that there will be a CLP 700 series this year.
The cheaper models 725 and 735 should be announced in May.

just to clarify, was this timeline was given to you recently (during this global crisis)? Thanks for the information smile
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/17/20 05:29 AM
Yes. About 2 weeks ago.
@23sss, This is all very vague. I wonder what were the exact words given to you?

I ask because this ...
"The cheaper models 725 and 735 should be announced in May.
"

... is consistent with "all of the models will be announced in May". I did not read "only the 725/735 will be announced in May".
... and consistent with "all will arrive at end of year or later." I did not read "only the top models should arrive not earlier than ..."

You see, the announcement always precedes delivery by at least months.
And I'd expect arrival (delivery) to be delayed this time around because of the epidemic.
Posted By: Bhav Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/17/20 10:24 AM
Stupid virus stupid lockdown I want to visit a piano shop now!

Well ok, after I finish learning these three pieces I'm working on as I've forgotten all my previous ones oop. Otherwise I can't show off.
It's a shame that big manufactures don't offer quality upright samples, only Nord.

I think that Kawai made some upright sample for CA79/99.

Upright sound was found at least already in the CA17, CN27/29 and CN37/39.

But is it a "quality upright sample"? 😉

Probably.

And of course some recent fancy Clavinovas have a one too.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/17/20 01:03 PM
Probably just Nord with many gorgeous upright samples
Dexibell has an upright too. Or actually several variants as there's the honky tonk and then also the tack piano.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/17/20 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
Dexibell has an upright too. Or actually several variants as there's the honky tonk and then also the tack piano.

Right, i saw a video from dexibel vivo h1, it has good tack/honky tonk piano samples !
English is a funny language ...
Upright sound was found at least already in the CA17, CN27/29 and CN37/39.
But is it a "quality upright sample"?
So I'm left to wonder whether you're question is:

Is it a quality sample ... of any old upright piano?

or

Is it any old sample ... of a quality upright piano?
Posted By: marwick Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/22/20 06:23 AM
Well, I did the obvious and went to yamaha's Japan web page. Guess what: all CLP models: 在庫僅少品 (very low stock). Then I went to Thomann. Guess what: all CLP models are disapearing from stock as you watch and becoming "on request" or "will be available in some weeks". So, I can imagine we'll have all the answers in some of days. I wanted to buy a CLP-645. I suppose I'll wait and see what the 745 is like smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/22/20 10:05 AM
Yeehaw!
Is it a quality sample ... of any old upright piano?

or

Is it any old sample ... of a quality upright piano?

#1 Nord
#2 Kawai

😁
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/22/20 11:56 AM
#3?
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 04/22/20 12:06 PM
I'd like the 685 action in a stage piano.

Yamaha only put it in their most expensive console piano, presumably to avoid cannibalism from the less expensive models. So they think it's preferable that potential customers go to other manufacturers. 🙄
Posted By: Piligrim Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/10/20 05:41 PM
Because of thread's name "ANY info..."... Sales man told that there will not huge improvements in 700-series. Unfortunately. At least, I hoped that NWX action would has been replaced by GrandTouch((
There are generally no huge improvements in this snail-paced business.

But "a salesman told me" is a phrase that makes be cringe.

He said that because he has no 700-series pianos to sell yet. So of course you surely must WANT a 600-series piano!

But when the first shipment of 700's arrives he'll tell you that they're miles ahead of the 600-series. Yes siree!

And he'll keep saying that for three years ... until the 800-series pianos arrive.
Posted By: Bhav Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/10/20 06:20 PM
There are generally no huge improvements in this snail-paced business.

But "a salesman told me" is a phrase that makes be cringe.

He said that because he has no 700-series pianos to sell yet. So of course you surely must WANT a 600-series piano!

But when the first shipment of 700's arrives he'll tell you that they're miles ahead of the 600-series. Yes siree!

And he'll keep saying that for three years ... until the 800-series pianos arrive.

People listen to or even talk to salespeople for Pianos?
Posted By: Piligrim Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/10/20 07:40 PM
Ok, it was Yamaha’s dealer, not salesman from %NONAME% store.
I was talking to him about CLP-685 that is not available anymore. So, there is no reason to make me ‘want’ to buy one. But there is a reason to say about ‘lots of improvements’ that will be probably implemented into 785, but he did the right thing.
That’s why I posted it here. Just saying...
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/11/20 11:44 AM
Just waiting... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Posted By: Bhav Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/11/20 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Piligrim
Ok, it was Yamaha’s dealer, not salesman from %NONAME% store.
I was talking to him about CLP-685 that is not available anymore. So, there is no reason to make me ‘want’ to buy one. But there is a reason to say about ‘lots of improvements’ that will be probably implemented into 785, but he did the right thing.
That’s why I posted it here. Just saying...

Hmmm I tried emailing Yamaha asking about these upcoming pianos and if they are going to put NWX keys on the DGX 670 and such things and they won't tell me anything. Maybe they want me to buy something now then upgrade again in 6 months.

I'm going to wait not just for CLP 7xx but also DGX 670, maybe a P-515 successor too, don't want to waste money when these could be released soon after.
I wouldn't expect Yamaha to respond to requests for information about products not yet released.

As for waiting ... don't wait too long. When the 700-series pianos start to ship there will likely be few 600-series left in the shops for you to buy at big discount.
CLP-745, CLP-775, CLP-785 models showed up on an Indonesian certification website:
https://sertifikasi.postel.go.id/sertifikat/index?key=eqp_model&value=clp-7&isberlaku=1
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/25/20 05:49 PM
2023🙄🙄? 😥
Nice find!
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/25/20 07:00 PM
2023🙄🙄? 😥
Don't worry.
Seems that this is some kind of certification valid from 2020 to 2023.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/25/20 07:24 PM
2023🙄🙄? 😥
Don't worry.
Seems that this is some kind of certification valid from 2020 to 2023.

Right!
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 07:12 AM
I think we are getting closer: "YAMAHA CLP-725 nuevo clavinova" smile

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xD44KA-LWvgJ:https://musicasatiendas.com/en/piano-digital/7089-yamaha-clp-725-nuevo-clavinova.html+&cd=7&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=at
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 11:31 AM
Nice...
Posted By: JackFi Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 11:51 AM
Seems like CLP-625 has disapperared from Thomann catalogue completely and CLP-685 have only white ones available. I hope the new models will come next month so i can order one asap wink
Order one ... without trying it first?
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 12:46 PM
Noone said that. Anyway I'm also curious about new models. I hope they will be bigger improvement with lighter keyboard.
Jackfi said "I hope the new models will come next month so i can order one asap."
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Noone said that. Anyway I'm also curious about new models. I hope they will be bigger improvement with lighter keyboard.
Posted By: Burkey Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 02:03 PM
Would be great if the CLP-785's action felt the same as a N1X just with plastic parts and a USD $4,000 price tag smile
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 03:13 PM
GrandTouch key are new, maybe a revamp for NWX...
Posted By: JackFi Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 03:27 PM
I assume that there will be only minor changes and i liked the 685 so i dont see a problem wink Of course if they have completely new and differet action (very unlikely) i would need to try first.
Posted By: R111 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by JackFi
I assume that there will be only minor changes and i liked the 685 so i dont see a problem wink Of course if they have completely new and differet action (very unlikely) i would need to try first.
It may have a new Genos sound engine. If so, that could be a good thing. A lot of people complained about the heaviness of the CLP-600 series action, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is changed even if they call it the same action.
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 05:38 PM
I'm looking at the entry-level CLP-625 and wondering how the 725 will compare to it. Since it is the base model, I doubt they will give it much improvement. This makes me wonder if it is even a possibility they are just going to rebrand it as 725 and not make any changes to it...?
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by @23sss
I'm looking at the entry-level CLP-625 and wondering how the 725 will compare to it. Since it is the base model, I doubt they will give it much improvement. This makes me wonder if it is even a possibility they are just going to rebrand it as 725 and not make any changes to it...?

This kind of thing it's imaginable, especially coming from from a big corporation like Yamaha
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 06:07 PM
The new and improved CLP-785 will include a state of the art “key sanitizing system”. Simply close the fallboard, tap “sanitize” (on your smart device’s corresponding app), and the keys will be 100% sanitized for your next session.

Yamaha warns: Do not open fallboard mid-cycle; doing so may damage keys and action. Please wait for “sanitation complete” message (sent directly to your smart device) before opening fallboard.

Call me crazy, but I think this is an awesome feature!
You've bested yourself this time, Pete! smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 07:04 PM
blush
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 07:15 PM
Okay Pete14 You're CRAZY but we still love ya smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/26/20 07:50 PM
heart
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 07:24 AM
Ok, this are the latest news I got:

Due to the current Corona situation, the first delivery of the new models is unfortunately postponed to early autumn (September / October).
We have not yet received any information on technical details
Be patient.
The extra time gives them opportunity to add features to the piano ... like a cigar lighter and dual cup holders.
And I hear they'll add even bigger tail fins.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 10:21 AM
Ok, this are the latest news I got:

Due to the current Corona situation, the first delivery of the new models is unfortunately postponed to early autumn (September / October).
We have not yet received any information on technical details

I wonder where you got this ‘info’ from?

If it was from a dealer, I’d be a little suspicious because they have good reason to say that the new pianos are no where near to being available; simply to have people buy one of the current models instead of waiting for months (for some, ‘months’ is an eternity).
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 01:34 PM
Where are the goddamn links for that there CLP-785?

I can’t sleep at night thinking about what Yamaha will do with the infamous action, or if they will improve on ‘VRM’, or add a two-way walkie-talkie, or even the rumored KSS (Key Sanitation System). It’s torture, you guys! wink
Oooooh. Peter said a naughty! frown
Where are the goddamn links for that there CLP-785?
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 02:42 PM
blush
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 02:46 PM
Oh no I just heard from a not so called friend who heard from a so called friend that the rumored KSS is only going to implemented on the CLP-785. All other models will not get this!

This is an out-cry! Yamaha doesn't care about the customers that can't afford the top model. Pete14 we need you to contact Yamaha right away and set them straight!
Hi everybody. Actually I am waiting for the new clp 795 gp so does anybody have any idea about the approximate releas date or even the year 2021 or 2022? Thanks in advance
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 03:40 PM
Nobody knows yet.
Thank you so much
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by EPW
Pete14 we need you to contact Yamaha right away and set them straight!

Yamaha just got back to me about “KSS”, and yes, it will only be featured on the 785.

They also hinted at a slightly longer pivot when I pressed them: “Let’s just say that only a concert grand will be longer”, they said. (I take that for yes, it will be longer; the pivot! smirk
Whether this is purely rumour or not, I could not say for sure, but apparently Yamaha have taken user concerns to heart that the 685 action was too light and carried too great a risk of accidentally struck notes sounding, so that they will for the 785 implement the "Simulated concrete action" (SCA), which substantially increases the static down weight. A statement off the record by a Yamaha employee to the effect that "for the first time, 'action' in a digital piano actually implies hard work", leads to suspect that Yamaha has truly stepped up its game this time.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Karim 888
Thank you so much

Karim, anything you hear about the upcoming Yamahas will only be speculation. COVID-19 could have changed any plans they originally had. Many people expected new models this year, but again nobody really knows what Yamaha intended.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 04:45 PM
Quasi, you mention “SCA”; and now that I remember, there was some talk about this SCA, but for some reason Yamaha did not elaborate beyond “it will be another feature exclusive to the 785 only.

Good detective work, Quasi; keep up the good work!
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 05/30/20 04:50 PM
A heavy action promotes virtue through hard work.
A light action encourages idleness.
The devil makes work for idle hands.
I wonder if Liszt had a light action. 🤔
The concrete is only "simulated"? They couldn't see fit to use REAL CONCRETE? How rubbish!
Hi pete. Could you do me a favor and ask yamaha about the clp 795 when will it be released? Thanks in advance
Definitely you are right John and what do you think will the sca make the key touch lighter than the 685? Thank you
It's my pleasure and honor to dedicate this English episode to all of you. It's all about me and my recitals and my awards. I hope that you will like it.
https://youtu.be/d7AAkvI5NHE
Posted By: JackFi Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/01/20 08:52 AM
Hmm.. I ran out of motivation to wait for CLP-785 so i ordered Novus NV5. Didn't have possibility to try it out but im excpecting it to be at least slightly better than my Casio slab with clacking keys wink
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/01/20 09:14 AM
Where are the new Yamahas, you guys?

I may run out of patience, too, and end up buying a Casio slab with clacking keys! cry
Pete: Isn't that like saying "I want steak ... but there's a delay ... so I have dog food instead" ?

Oh, wait! I'm responding to a Pete-ism. smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/01/20 09:55 AM
Now, now, Mac, there’s no need to be so rude to Casio (we’re kidding, Mike; Casios are fine). smile
Casios are better than most. Unlike a lowly Yamaha or a Kawai that only play piano ... with a Casio you can also balance your checkbook! smile
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 12:29 PM
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w3nvG2e30hcJ:https://www.atelierdupiano.fr/pianos-numeriques/938-yamaha-clavinova-clp-725-b.html+&cd=2&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br

There’s a mention about a 775b, in the same website.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 02:38 PM
Why can’t I just ‘click’ on that there “link”?
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 03:25 PM
Something in the air....

Clp 775

Clp 725
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 04:25 PM
I can’t take this anymore, Otavio!

I’m having nightmares where the CLP-785 manifests in front of me; only to disappear when I attempt to mount it.

It looks shiny, the CLP; it looks tall, the CLP; but then, as if mocking me, it swiftly disappears and a Celviano-GP takes its place. The angry Casio runs after me with a vengeful attitude whilst it screams, “I’m a’ kill you, Pete, for all the jokes you’ve made about my hybrid pedigree; I’m a’ kill you, Pete”!
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 04:29 PM
I almost bought the Gp500 (here in brazil, gp500 have the same price as clp645)
Let’s wait, let's wait my brother...
In this pandemic era, we have to exercise the patience. eek eek eek tired eek
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 08:29 PM
I almost bought the Gp500 (here in brazil, gp500 have the same price as clp645)

WHAT? That's very strange. Either Yamaha is so expensive there or GP500 so cheap.
Strange, yes. But at what price?
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/03/20 09:19 PM
13.500 reais = GP400
15.000 reais = GP500
13.750 reais = Clp 645RW
15.100 reais = Clp 645PE

1 USD = 5 reais.
Something in the air....

Clp 775

Clp 725

It looks like Yamaha also has its problems with French dealers attempting to list new models before the manufacturer announces them...
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/04/20 10:01 AM
A new day brings with it the weight of the universe, inverted; I push back but the attempt seems futile. The new Clavs continue to elude, yet do not stop teasing.

In my nightmares, in my dreams, and even in my soup the CLP-785 briefly appears; only to swiftly dissapear, and yet again leave me hanging like a free-standing particle about to give in, I don’t want to, give in to the weight.

P.S.
Eff you, Yamaha thumb
Hi James. Actually I don't know French, did they say in the French website when will the clp 700 series be released?, thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Karim 888
Hi James. Actually I don't know French, did they say in the French website when will the clp 700 series be released?, thanks in advance

Hello Karim 888, I don't believe the links posted above include any information about these new CLP models - they may simply be place-holders for when the embargo is lifted. It's also possible that the dealer posted some early details about these pianos, but was quickly asked by Yamaha to remove the information until the products have been officially announced.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: Kougeru Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/05/20 02:57 AM
I just hope it has the U1 from that CP88 (or an even better version of it, of course). sounds amazing to me
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/05/20 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kougeru
I just hope it has the U1 from that CP88 (or an even better version of it, of course). sounds amazing to me

Nice samples.
Didn't know about it.
Are they exclusive to the Cp 73/88 ?
Thank you so much 🙏 🙏 🙏
Posted By: kpuk Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/07/20 11:59 AM
Hello. New kid on the block.
I am a rank amateur who took up piano on retirement with no previous experience. I play simply for relaxation, and hopefully to keep my grey matter in working order.
On topic, my local Yamaha dealer here in the U.K. told me in February that the new CLP range would be launched in May/June this year, so should be imminent. He also told me that Yamaha informed him that there would also be a ‘surprise mystery’ piano. No details, but something else to keep Pete awake at nights.
Hey Pete! It's your turn again.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/07/20 01:25 PM
......A mystery piano? Could it be a BallsandDorfer hybrid? blush
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/07/20 01:52 PM
Mysterious digital piano? Hummm...

A dígital piano that actually souns like a acoustic piano?!
That will be a real revolution kkkk
If he told you a date in february, before COVID19, the agenda may be delayed.

Curious the “mystery piano”. I suppose that some innovations (or replication or some other brands) like unlooped samples (just an exemple... I am sure we will wait a decade to have them) will benefit many models, not a single “mystery piano”, then perhaps we will have a new cabinet (like the Yamaha Modus line).
The biggest innovation in digital piano actions would be some form of real escapement, realized in a way that's much less expensive to produce than acoustic piano actions. Using simplified mechanism closer to current digital piano actions and with no need for regulation, yet retaining the particular feel and behavior of the escapement (and no, that doesn't mean the notch feel wink ).
If there is any piano that I'm NOT eagerly awaiting it's another CLP item from Yamaha.
They should relabel them. Instead of CLP, call them SSDD ... same stuff, different day.
Yawn. sleep
A real escapement makes things more complex, this makes also the repetition rate lower if you don’t render things faster (repetition lever aka double escapement then things yet more complex).

It is not surprising that the so-called hybrid action of Casio-Bechstein get rid the of the escapement.

I don’t think we will have such a simplified escapement which is not simply a notch feel soon.
If there is a new mystery piano, I think it will differ from the regular lines in having novel (and for most piano players useless) features. Probably something that makes piano playing easier for those who wish not to practise at all, nor learn the basics.
Posted By: dima5222 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/07/20 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by kpuk
Hello. New kid on the block.
I am a rank amateur who took up piano on retirement with no previous experience. I play simply for relaxation, and hopefully to keep my grey matter in working order.
On topic, my local Yamaha dealer here in the U.K. told me in February that the new CLP range would be launched in May/June this year, so should be imminent. He also told me that Yamaha informed him that there would also be a ‘surprise mystery’ piano. No details, but something else to keep Pete awake at nights.

May/June?
Look here: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...-yamaha-clp-775-and-785.html#Post2985627
If there is any piano that I'm NOT eagerly awaiting it's another CLP item from Yamaha.
They should relabel them. Instead of CLP, call them SSDD ... same stuff, different day.
Yawn. sleep

In the CLP1xx, CLP2xx, CLP3xx, CLP4xx, CLP5xx, CLP6xx generations, we had some evolution : AWM replaced by Pure CF Sampling, then Real Grand Expression. (3 tone generators for 6 generations) The VRM modelling has been added, GH/GH3 keyboards have been replaced by GH3X/NWX/GrandTouch, the CLP5xx added a nice display (useful to select files) instead of a 3 digit LED (not too soon !),

Then we had some evolutions, but we have to admit that not each generation add a lot of things to the previous one. The CLP6xx added very few options (if I remind well GrandTouch in high end model, audio over USB support, more amp in higher models). We will surely have a couple of improvement in CLP7xx but I won’t bet for a revolution.
Hello, I’m also completely new here. I’ve just been to a piano dealer in Vienna who mentioned that the new CLP series is due around October. I opted to go for Kawai‘s CA99 as I found the keyboard action of the CLP 685 to be too heavy for my playing style.
Hi how are you, most welcome, I am also waiting impatiently for the clp 700 series and what you said is good news because October is coming soon but what makes me astonished is that there isn't any announcement or even promotion for the new models until now!!!!!
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/09/20 11:21 AM
....could today be the day?
Really pete!!? So please announce as soon as you know something about the new clp series specially the clp 795. Thanks in advance
I'm wondering if anyone is able to sleep at all these days. Geez, it's such a painful experience waiting for these pianos to be announced literally any minute now.
Yawn! Wake me up next year so I can take in the view of the new 700-series pianos, replete with their fine chrome trim and tail fins. tired
Even just an advert from yamaha just to know the release date
It's actually so incredibly exciting that I can barely contain myself. I think the big news this time around will be the use of somewhat lighter wood in the cabinets, thereby reducing the overall weight by half a pound, or so. Or maybe even, but that's a long shot, they will use a shinier gold colour for the "Yamaha" logo.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/09/20 02:59 PM
I'm here, waiting for the Clp 8xx line, already
Kkk
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/13/20 10:17 AM
I ‘pologize in advance, but I ask, have we given up looking?
Hi pete how are you. By the way I have sent you a private message a couple of days ago
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/13/20 12:30 PM
Yes, Karim. Sadly, I’m also just guessing and hoping to get lucky at some point.
The truth is that these instruments are overdue (if we consider that they were expected back in April at Musikmesse).

For the last 12 years, or so, Yamaha has been releasing these every three years at Musikmesse. Yamaha is usually not that easy to predict, but for some reason, with the Clavinovas it’s as if they want us to know when they’re coming. This year seems to be an exception, but this, I assume, is due to the current crisis.

Hold tight, fingers crossed, they will be showing up sooner rather than later. smile
Yes Pete definitely you are right and thanks a lot for your reply
It breaks my heart to say this, but no, it has nothing to do with Kawai being ‘more represented’ on the forum; they have issues with build/quality control.
For this reason, I am looking forward to the announcement of a new CLP-7xx series.

That being said, their [Kawai] warranty service is top-notch. They will resolve your issues no matter what; including giving you a brand new board if necessary. They do not insult your intelligence as Roland tends to do (“there’s nothing wrong; it’s all in your head”).
If any problem happens, I won't be able to take any advantage of the listed benefits, since no Kawai services are available in my region. Therefore, here is the same as I wrote above (looking forward to the announcement of a new CLP-7xx series). Also, I don't like the implementation of touch controls in the new Kawai instruments.

If there is any problem with Kawai, I will be left alone with my problem, like now, having a terrible keyboard in my current MP7 due to many defects in the key mechanism (clicks, noises, bounces). I just live with it and keep practicing, trying not to pay attention to it. Even when some keys are fully depressed and held, there is an unpleasant feeling in the form of discrete side movements of some keys with a click. When I had CLP-340, I had no problems or complaints about the keyboard.

Once I decided that I would never buy Kawai piano with a plastic keyboard again. But, as I see, even in the new wooden actions there are problems in the form of the same clicks, etc.

Shame, they still have not yet presented a firmware that would completely turn off the screen while playing the piano. This has been requested by users since the last series (78/98). As well as a number of other functions that are still only expected in future firmware. Some of them are quite important, so how could you produce a raw instrument again? I thought the mistakes of the previous series would be taken into account, but no, it wasn't to be so.
Hold tight, fingers crossed, they will be showing up sooner rather than later. smile

...and... then... G... A... S... will... take... over...

Right, Pete14 – right?!
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/13/20 03:17 PM
Yes! blush
Originally Posted by Mickey_

...and... then... G... A... S... will... take... over...

Right, Pete14 – right?!

Buddhism teaches us that to rid ourselves of such delusional desires, we should oppose them with an equal thought in the opposite direction. So instead of thinking of buying some new gear, we should think of selling some old gear!

And when we've sold the old gear, we'll have money to buy the new! smile ... No wait, hang on, that's not how Buddhism is supposed to work ...
I’ve only read about Buddhism but isn’t the main goal of Buddhist to attain Nirvana? Now, correct me if I’m wrong but purchasing new digital pianos is the shortest path to Nirvana. Not selling them.
Buddhism? Around here they teach capitalism! smile
Buddhism? Around here they teach capitalism! smile
You sure? Lately it sounds like leftism... oops, sorry.

Which half of the piano do you prefer, the bass or the treble?
Posted By: Kougeru Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/13/20 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Kougeru

Nice samples.
Didn't know about it.
Are they exclusive to the Cp 73/88 ?

As far as I can find as of right now, yes. That specific sample was introduced in the CP88/73. Sorry for really late reply

In reply to someone else that mentioned warranties and what not, I've had bad experiences with every company. I expect a struggle no matter who it is
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/15/20 11:17 PM
Saw more videos showing this U1 sample on Cp73/88.
Liked a lot!
I can only imagine a more premium(and binaural(along with a bosendorfer)) version of the u1 sample in the Clp700 line !

Beautiful!!!!
I can only imagine a more premium(and binaural(along with a bosendorfer)) version of the u1 sample in the Clp700 line !

I believe you may be half right. wink
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/16/20 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kawai James
I believe you may be half right. wink

I hope you are 200% right, James !
hehehe. grin grin grin grin grin

It's nice to see Yamaha implementing a nice upright sample.
I'm always biased to Nord, mainly due to the lovely Upright samples they have.
I wish that the big players like Yamaha, Kawai, Casio, Korg and Roland starts to give the Upright Pianos the attention that they deserve.
Yamaha are quite VST friendly (audio/USB support), and now, VSL has an upright Bösendorfer...

But, it may be the surprise/mystery CLP model : an upright model (like the Roland LX17) with upright samples. Who knows ?
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/16/20 06:04 PM
This that i´m talking about, this lovely U1 sample.

Starts at 3:53.

Since Cp73/88 has a stripdown version of Yamaha CLP 600 samples, it´s viable to say that, in the Clp700, they could implement an improved version of this U1 sample, found on the CP73/88
The 700 series is ready. Inofficially they’ve been shown to dealers. When they’ll be released is another matter. But they do exist. The person who told me is someone who knows.
Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua
The 700 series is ready. Inofficially they’ve been shown to dealers. When they’ll be released is another matter. But they do exist. The person who told me is someone who knows.

You have said too much or too less... What are the main (new) features.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/16/20 08:12 PM
Teasing the teaser
kkkk
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/16/20 08:38 PM

If they’ve been shown to dealers then we’re only a few days away from the official announcement. I’m sure Yamaha knows that dealers can’t keep their mouths shut! wink

If they’ve been shown to dealers then we’re only a few days away from the official announcement. I’m sure Yamaha knows that dealers can’t keep their mouths shut! wink
The hope is 1-2 months. One big Problem is cargo ships/harbors. Everything is woefully behind.
Features...That I do not know 😆 evolutionary apparently ...
I wish that the big players like Yamaha, Kawai, Casio, Korg and Roland starts to give the Upright Pianos the attention that they deserve.

I believe Kawai was one of the first of the main digital piano manufacturers to include a true upright piano sound in its instruments:

https://soundcloud.com/kawaimpseries/mp11-upright-piano

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/17/20 01:36 AM
Nice, James.
Didn't know that.
Posted By: Burkey Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/17/20 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Frédéric L

What are the main (new) features.
Hopefully a grand action instead of an upright action smile
I was speaking with someone from Yamaha Music Australia and I was enquiring about the lack of availability of the CLP 600 series (here in Australia anyway, not sure about stock levels in other regions). They told me that they would have new CLP stock arriving in July.

When I asked whether it would be the CLP 700 series I was told "There has been no announcement of new models, you'll have to wait until July".

So they didn't come out and directly say "No" to new CLP 700 models arriving in July. Hopefully the announcement is imminent...
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/19/20 10:09 AM
The 700s are coming, yippee ki-yay!
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/19/20 03:29 PM
Ok.
Just more 2 weeks... cry cry
I hope so otavio and I hope the new series will contain all the models at the same time including the flagship
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/20/20 05:36 PM
Cache mode laugh

Someone to translate?!
It´s seems the same as CLP600, as far my french reading goes. Hahahha

CLP 735

CLP 745

CLP 775

CLP 785
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/20/20 06:08 PM
No pics?
Yes otavio you are right. I can't see any differences from the clp 600 series!!!!!, maybe they are not the clp 700 series!!!!
At that 785 link, the description description of the CLP785 ...
- CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial piano tones
- Binaural CFX sampling
- VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling)
- Smooth Release Technology
- Sampling the fallout of dampers
- Resonance effect by sympathy
- Damper Resonance effect
- 256-note polyphony
- 49 + 480 XG + GM2 / GS Voices
- GrandTouch keyboard with keys covered with ebony and synthetic ivory
- Exhaust mechanism
- Counterweight system
- 88-key Linear Graded Hammers System
- GP Response Damper Pedal
- LCD screen
- Dual / Split / Duo
- Reverb, Chorus, Brilliance, Effect
- 19 Demo Pieces + 50 Piano Pieces * + 303 Exercises
- 20 rhythms
- 16-track recording
- USB Audio Recording
- USB TO HOST and USB TO DEVICE
- Two headphone jacks
- Amplification 2 x (50 W + 50 W + 50 W)
- 2 x speakers 16 cm + 8 cm + 2.5 cm
- Speaker diaphragm in Spruce
- Speaker block
- Acoustic optimizers
- Intelligent Acoustic Control
- Stereophonic Optimizer function
- Sheet music pliers
- Traditional keyboard cover
- Bluetooth

But I think they've cheated ... because this 785 description is identical to their 685 description.
They just copied one to the other!

I would not expect much to have changed ... but something at least ought to be different.

Conclusion: Wait a while for authoritative information.
Posted By: kpuk Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/20/20 06:58 PM
Information from the English translation on the dealer website in Lyon:

1. No longer available pianos/PIANO YAMAHA CLP -785 B MATT BLACK CLAVINOVA.
2. Sold out

Reads as though the 785 is a typo for what should have been 685.

Only positive thought is that ‘no longer available’ and ‘sold out’ is further indication that new model is imminent in the next 2 to 3 years!!!!!!!, but we already knew that.
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/20/20 07:18 PM
No tease for the peasants like me waiting for the 725 frown

Cache mode laugh

Someone to translate?!
It´s seems the same as CLP600, as far my french reading goes. Hahahha

CLP 735

CLP 745

CLP 775

CLP 785
I have read 20 rythmes (from the french page - CLP785 - and the italian pages - the others)... perhaps the only change. Even the amplification is unchanged on any model

I don’t expect a quantum leap this year... see you 3 years later. wink

This clumsy announce remembers me the N1X where one shop presented it before the official Yamaha announce.
Oops, sorry, the CLP6xx (excepted 625) also have rythmes... then it must be a copy-paste.

(I have mean clumsy about the shop’s announce before the Yamaha annouce, not there reports here).
This thread started in July 2019 and we have exactly the same information so far: no info at all - after 6 pages of posting.
Isn't it a bit weird?
There has to be someone who knows or there is nothing to know about, which is worse for the believers.

I have been through the post and you guys have managed to get me eager to know more about the release of the CLP 7XX series.

I'm following the thread know shocked
I'm trying to find the Yamaha CEO email to ask him. Oddly enough couldn't find anything. Maybe we should start from there, then maybe his wife, children, etc. It's ridiculous that we should do this ourselves and bother looking for any personal emails, etc. while Yamaha could have just said on their website since the beginning of the 6XX series about their future plans, detailed roadmap, etc. This world is simply going on a downward slope :'(
Yes, you are right. Last year, Intel presented us its 2019-2029 roadmap (https://www.anandtech.com/show/15217/intels-manufacturing-roadmap-from-2019-to-2029). Why not a Yamaha 2020-2030 roadmap ? Since new CLP are delivered every 3 years, we just need 4 steps (2020, 2023, 2026, 2029).
The CLP775 is authorized to use wireless communications (Surely Bluetooth) in Korea since 2020-06-22.

https://fccid.io/RR-ymk-CLP-775
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 12:35 PM
Is this good news or is it just more teasing?
Pete, they are doing it intentionally, these s*ck b*st*rds from Yamaha, they want us to mess with our mind and health 😡 And wireless connectivity? I'm sure it's implemented for brainwashing, probably kills birds, maybe 5G?! Why? WHY????
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 12:47 PM
🤬.....Yamaha!

I’m getting a Williams Allegro III!
If you compare, the CLP675 has been authorized since 2017-03-07 (https://fccid.io/MSIP-REI-ymk-CLP-675), but had been fully announced one month later (http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2631152/3.html)

Then perhaps we should wait for a month, but an announce during summer holidays would be surprising...
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 01:50 PM
🤬.....Yamaha!

You do that and make sure you give us a full "Pete14" style report!
Posted By: EVC2017 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 02:00 PM
🤬.....Yamaha!

P-515!!!! smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 02:28 PM
laugh
I hope they just cancel the CLP-700 series ... and then in three years build an 800-series. Just to shut down this tiresome tirade.

Pete ... it's your turn ... smile
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 07:44 PM
I hope they just cancel the CLP-700 series ... and then in three years build an 800-series. Just to shut down this tiresome tirade.

While you are at it 3M let us skip the 800 series and go right to the version 10 series smile
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 07:47 PM
I heard from a source that heard it from another source that just happen to hear a source that the new series will be made out of Balsa Wood for extreme light-weight action.
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/24/20 07:53 PM

grin grin grin grin grin grin

They can be nasty... cancelling the 700 series but without announce... then we will have many pages of impatient posts. grin
Posted By: manyoo79 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 01:20 PM
Ohh.. this is a good news. In Korea, all of wireless products are required to go through the authorization process(and the names of products are open to public), and it sometimes become schedule leak for goods(for example new Galaxy S, new Playstation, and so on). Usually a product authorized for wireless use is released to the market within a month.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 02:21 PM
Are you messing with us, manyoo79? cool
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 03:54 PM
So Pete14 which 700 series model are you going to buy?

We all know you want to be on the forefront of Yamaha's technology smile
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 04:13 PM
Oh no, I’m not interested in buying any of the models; just interested in bashing the new Clavs!

You see, we hold our triennial Yamaha Bashfest around April, but this year it was postponed due to Covfefe19!

I’m looking forward to bashing the action this year: too heavy, still folded, no real escapement, crooked pivot, etc... smirk
I have found the CLP675 action quite nice. (I reserve the “really nice” level to the N1X, I haven’t tested the NV10). Then perhaps the action is folded, with no real escapement, crooked pivot, but what matters is the feeling. And I like heavy actions. smile

Since I plan the N1X purchase, I hope the CLP700 series to add no progress, then I will not have too much regret. grin
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 05:03 PM
You seem to be in the minority; ‘round here the GrandTouch doesn’t get much love.
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 05:12 PM
Maybe Yamaha will shock us with major improvement jump. I know highly unlikely but maybe just maybe just maybe just maybe........................
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 05:24 PM
Modeled decay? But then the AG would look obsolete.
Soundboard for the “785”? But then the N3X would look obsolete......
Modeled decay ? Let’s be ambitious : unlooped samples (yes I know there should be something left to add on the CLP900 series).
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
I have found the CLP675 action quite nice. (I reserve the “really nice” level to the N1X, I haven’t tested the NV10). Then perhaps the action is folded, with no real escapement, crooked pivot, but what matters is the feeling. And I like heavy actions. smile

Since I plan the N1X purchase, I hope the CLP700 series to add no progress, then I will not have too much regret. grin
Don't see how you will regret unless they start putting acoustic actions into their CLP series crazy
I was kidding... the tone generator is good enough and if not, the N1X is virtual piano friendly (audio over USB).

The main thing where CLP are superior is the display.
Posted By: mwf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 08:05 PM
They can't make the new clp 700 series too good/too much improvement as it would then mean the avantgrands would be obsolete.. My guess is they'll keep the grandtouch action (im almost 100% sure they dont listen to customer feedback or anyone's comments online) but add some slightly improved samples, still terrible low memory ones of course, maybe they'll rename the action concert grandtouch making it slightly lighter, but it will still be too heavy (anyone who thinks its not overly heavy is wrong sorry).
Posted By: Boboulus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/25/20 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by mwf
They can't make the new clp 700 series too good/too much improvement as it would then mean the avantgrands would be obsolete.. My guess is they'll keep the grandtouch action (im almost 100% sure they dont listen to customer feedback or anyone's comments online) but add some slightly improved samples, still terrible low memory ones of course, maybe they'll rename the action concert grandtouch making it slightly lighter, but it will still be too heavy (anyone who thinks its not overly heavy is wrong sorry).

The avantgrands would only be made obsolete of they put a hybrid grand action in the CLP-series and i think we all know that won't be the case. But if the CLP is significantly upgraded with a whole new sound engine it might make the choice between a NU1x and CLP-785 more difficult.
If they put a grand action into the CLP line then they'd have to discontinue the Avant Grand line, right?
Maybe I'm just repeating something already mentioned in this surprisingly long thread, but for what it is worth, assuming that Google's and my abilities to translate are adequate, at least we now know which colours the CLP-775 will appear in (at least initially):

Black walnut, dark walnut, Rosewood, Light ash, White.

I suspect the "Black walnut" is matte black.

https://www.francepianos.com/article/yamaha-clp-775-475.html

It seems as if the Burgundy/Purple version won't be there at the launch.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 05:28 PM
The burgundy/purple is a special finish reserved for the CLP-785 only!
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 07:11 PM
The burgundy/purple is a special finish reserved for the CLP-785 only!

No tell me this isn't so! I was hoping to get the CLP745 in that color. We even repainted the room so the piano would fit it. Now we have to repaint the room or spring for the CLP785 frown
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 07:25 PM
Sadly, the CLP745 will not be available in that colour, but it will come in orange/lime. The 645 will be available in space gray and rose gold!

I truly like where Yamaha is going with the new Clavinovas’ colours; hopefully Kawai will follow suit.
I have just understood the burgundy/purple won’t be available at francepiano and perhaps the whole french market. But it will be surely available elsewhere...

But it may be available as rhe mystery/surprise model.
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 07:35 PM
@Pete14 Are you sure the CLP745 will be in lime? If so I'll get going repainting the ceiling and walls LOL
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 07:40 PM
Yes, it will be mostly lime with a dash of orange. smirk
They should offer red, like the Nords.

I don't care for that color, though. I like a dark finish.

Guitar Center here has a them on display.

When I go there I see a red Nord and I want to paint it black. No colors anymore ...
Posted By: EPW Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 09:02 PM
All this hype and most likely the new models will only be a modest improvement.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/29/20 09:05 PM
Fluorescent orange instead of black keys.
Apple has proposed us multiple nice colours :

[Linked Image]

Why not Yamaha ?
Posted By: Arthur18 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/30/20 09:46 PM
I have called my piano dealer in France today. He said me that new CLP700 should be available in September. No more information, and no more about date of announcement.
Posted By: mwf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 06/30/20 10:08 PM
Well yamaha have lost a loyal customer as im not impressed at all with them now, im getting a kawai ca79 or ca99...
Better Music in Australia has the CLP-785 available for pre-order.

https://www.bettermusic.com.au/advancedsearch/result/?q=Clp-785
And now Pete14 packs his bags to move down under ... just to get his hands on one. smile
Video from Yamaha of the CLP 700 series.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIFDIQk_tc
Yikes! Those prices!
6800 AUD for black CLP785
8100 AUD for PE
8500 AUD for white

I know those are Australian dollars, so ...
4695 USD for black
5592 USD for PE
5868 USD for white

And a 900 USD premium for PE!

Is it because of the generally high cost of imports in Aussie-land?
Or is Yamaha trying to tell us to buy an AG instead?
Because the NU1X competes in that zone, and the N1X isn't that much more money.
Posted By: mwf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 03:40 AM
Kept the grandtouch action as expected... And is it now fully modelled?

I must say.. It doesn't sound great in the video...
Yikes! Those prices!
6800 AUD for black CLP785
8100 AUD for PE
8500 AUD for white

I know those are Australian dollars, so ...
4695 USD for black
5592 USD for PE
5868 USD for white

And a 900 USD premium for PE!

Is it because of the generally high cost of imports in Aussie-land?
Or is Yamaha trying to tell us to buy an AG instead?
Because the NU1X competes in that zone, and the N1X isn't that much more money.

And those prices listed at Better Music are lower than the Yamaha (Australia) RRP too.
Posted By: R111 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by mwf
Kept the grandtouch action as expected... And is it now fully modelled?
I don't think it is fully modelled when they specifically talk about samples... thankfully.
What even? I would just buy an AvantGrand for those prices if I had the money.
Yamaha would make a big mistake selling in lime or any other of those ridiculous colors...

I would highly prefer them to make a Green/Purple Clavinova! I would paint the walls purple and buy a green piano bench... i'm sure that'd look wonderful. smile
Posted By: Bachus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 05:24 AM
Official video is out

https://youtu.be/sBIFDIQk_tc
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 05:42 AM
Seems like the only real upgrade from the 600 series is the binaural sampling for Bösendorfer.
They say new samples. Maybe resampled everything? Some modeling is mentioned “grand expression modeling” (“reproduces a diverse array of tonal variations enriching the playing experience”) but hard to know what it means. Maybe just the VRM, but VRM is mentioned separately. Maybe some round-robin sampling techniques to vary samples and create variations in otherwise same velocities?
Posted By: Harpuia Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 06:33 AM
https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/clavinova/clp-785/index.html
I must say the upgrade seems a little bit dissapointing... Maybe just hearing them in person would change our minds smile AS Beowulf mentioned, Bosendorfer binaural sampling seems the only real upgrade. I am so amazed that they didn't listen at all to people complaining about the grand touch action..
RGE is now RGE2.

And other such "improvements".

I guess we won't know what really changed until Yamaha makes the usual video of Peter Baartmans looking at the wrong camera and explaining and demonstrating it.

(I have nothing against Peter B.)

And they added the fortepiano. Roland has had "historical pianos" for years already.
It looks like their sound finally has the air in the treble and is cleaner than previous series. Video shows nothing than empty stupid marketing babble, which is telling nothing to noone...
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 07:30 AM
The GrandTouch-S on the CLP-745 is rather intriguing. I'm guessing the S means small and they are the GrandTouch but with shorter key sticks? smile

Another thing, why does Yamaha continue to make plastic black keys? I believe the other manufacturers all have full wooden keys on their premium lines.
Posted By: Arthur18 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Another thing, why does Yamaha continue to make plastic black keys? I believe the other manufacturers all have full wooden keys on their premium lines.

I ask myself the same question. I was hoping full wooden keys for the new CLP745.
Kawai CA49 has full wooden keys, while it is the cheapest CA.
Full wooden keys are not better. I’d say they are even worse than the hybrid plastic/wood construction which can be more consistent and reliable. At the end of the day they are all standard digital piano actions and only how they feel matters.
The GrandTouch-S on the CLP-745 is rather intriguing. I'm guessing the S means small and they are the GrandTouch but with shorter key sticks? smile

As long as the touch is not compromised and is not like in cheap keyboard, I would skip that. Grotrian makes their keys from: "The black keys are made of semi gloss artificial resin."
Posted By: Beowulf Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Full wooden keys are not better. I’d say they are even worse than the hybrid plastic/wood construction which can be more consistent and reliable. At the end of the day they are all standard digital piano actions and only how they feel matters.
Originally Posted by impossiblejj
As long as the touch is not compromised and is not like in cheap keyboard, I would skip that. Grotrian makes their keys from: "The black keys are made of semi gloss artificial resin."
My concern was that plastic and wood have different density levels so they may respond differently. Personally, I've never felt it, but I wonder if anyone do.
Originally Posted by impossiblejj

Are you referring to the key tops, or the key sticks?

From http://www.grotrian.de/en/instruments/equipment/

[Linked Image]

As far as I'm aware, Grotrian's black key key sticks are still made of wood, however I cannot find a picture of a recent keyboard action to confirm this.

Kind regards,
James
x
Full wooden keys are not better. I’d say they are even worse than the hybrid plastic/wood construction which can be more consistent and reliable.

Which is why AvantGrand instruments use hybrid plastic/wood const....wait, what?! crazy
Full wooden keys are not better. I’d say they are even worse than the hybrid plastic/wood construction which can be more consistent and reliable.

Which is why AvantGrand instruments use hybrid plastic/wood const....wait, what?! crazy

Well, as an employee of Kawai you certainly know how many years it took Kawai to overcome the prejudice against the ABS parts in their actions. The piano crowd is very conservative and would hardly accept any improvements to the piano actions and keyboards. I've never said N1X feels better than regular digital pianos because of the all-wooden keysticks, if that's what you imply. I've pointed out frequently that IMO the advantage of real acoustic piano actions is in the action (whippen, jack, double-repetition lever, etc.). I don't care about the material either. Kawai actions are mostly carbon/ABS, and the action in the N1X uses plastic jack and plastic double-repetition lever. I also believe if N1X used hybrid plastic/wood construction for the keysticks, that would have been better in the long term.
I also believe if N1X used hybrid plastic/wood construction for the keysticks, that would have been better in the long term.

For what reason?
What do you define as "long term"?

James
x
I also believe if N1X used hybrid plastic/wood construction for the keysticks, that would have been better in the long term.

For what reason?
What do you define as "long term"?

James
x

Well, for instance on my DIY action (a very old one that has gone through an unknown conditions and usage) I had problems with some key-sticks being slightly wrapped and touching against each other. I had to adjust the so called "squaring" of the keys, so that I can eliminate the touching but that came at the cost of some gaps between keys widening, etc. Wood will change its shape with the time if not specially conditioned and dried (which is what they do only on very expensive grand pianos where they can afford waiting for the wood material to dry by itself for years before using it), depending on temperature and humidity changes. I can imagine how in certain parts of the world both the NV10 and the N1X can experience sluggish/stuck keys due to wood expansion with humidity. This is BTW not an uncommon problem with acoustic pianos. The problem with all-plastic keys is the density indeed, which is why a hybrid construction would have the best of both worlds. I don't want to sound as though I'm bashing on CA-series but I believe the usage of full-length all-wooden keysticks is mostly a marketing feature since to me they don't feel any different than the Kawai plastic actions (and I actually prefer the GH-actions more than the GF-1 and GF-2). That also applies to N1X because the marketing pitch is how they used a grand piano action and so people would expect all wooden keys smile I'm not in that crowd though. However I realize how much the prejudice against plastic materials would affect such an expensive instrument.
I believe the other manufacturers all have full wooden keys on their premium lines.

- Roland: no
- Korg: no
- Kurzweil: no
- Dexibell: no
- Gewa: no
- Blüthner: no
- Williams: no
- Medeli: no
- Dynatone: no
- Studiologic: no
- GeneralMusic: no
- Clavia/Nord: no
- Ringway: no
- Viscount: no
- Ketron: no
- Alesis: no
- M-Audio: no
- Artesia: no

- Kawai: yes
- Casio: yes
I assume Yamaha doesn’t use wooden black keys because they’re unreliable?
Well, for instance on my DIY action (a very old one that has gone through an unknown conditions and usage)...

Do you believe that this is comparable to a new Japanese grand piano action?

I can imagine how in certain parts of the world both the NV10 and the N1X can experience sluggish/stuck keys due to wood expansion with humidity.

It's not impossible, but I believe new acoustic piano keys are produced using treated/seasoned wood to prevent this. There may be a small amount of shrinking/swelling in extreme climates, but sticking keys are not a common issue on modern pianos. I'm not aware of any sticking key reports from AvantGrand or Novus customers, are you?

I believe the usage of full-length all-wooden keysticks is mostly a marketing feature since to me they don't feel any different than the Kawai plastic actions (and I actually prefer the GH-actions more than the GF-1 and GF-2).

Well, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. wink

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 09:41 AM
I think Roland does this as well. I mean they have "hybrid" keyboard where on white keys there are 2 wood inserts. I thinks it's due to cost efficiency, you don't feel this material change as much on black keys as on white ones because of smaller volume of the key.
Well, for instance on my DIY action (a very old one that has gone through an unknown conditions and usage)...

Do you believe that this is comparable to a new Japanese grand piano action?

Well, it's all about quality. The lower tier acoustic pianos from Kawai and Yamaha are made in Indonesia if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they are still of high enough quality and seasoned properly, etc. However does that also apply to digital pianos with fully wooden keysticks? I doubt they season the wood for CA-series, or do they? We've seen how roughly cut the GF-keysticks are and even those in the N1X seem too roughly cut compared to a fine grand piano. There are certainly low prices and tight margins to be observed and so certain compromises are acceptable. I'm not saying wooden keys are sh1t smile They are good but I am pretty convinced a wooden/plastic hybrid is still better even though that may not be obvious. After all, my comment was about the supposed superiority of all wooden keys. This is what I question and even if I retract my comment about plastic/wooden hybrids being better, they are at least on par and one shouldn't expect that fully wooden keys have any objective advantage besides the appearance (and prestige).
However does that also apply to digital pianos with fully wooden keysticks?

I'm afraid I don't know, however I also do not see many reports of these wooden key sticks warping or sticking. I have an old MP8 at home that is almost 15 years old, and its keys are absolutely fine, despite Japan's extremely humid summers and bone-dry winters. I cannot guarantee that this will still be the case in 50 years time, however I'm hopeful that I will have upgraded to something else by this time...maybe a VPC10? wink

Kind regards,
James
x
... in 50 years time, however I'm hopeful that I will have upgraded to something else by this time...maybe a VPC10? wink

OK, so this is a very elaborate and twisted way of confirming that VPC-line is not abandoned and since you dare mentioning it in a thread about a brand new announcement by the competition, we take it for granted that you want to tease about an imminent VPC-2 laugh
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 10:38 AM
Did any of you pick up on the “transducers”? On the spec sheet Yamaha lists two transducers. I’m not certain if this existed on the 685.

Needless to say, I, like y’all, am underwhelmed. I was expecting at least some cosmetic changes. For example, new Rolands and Kawais (flagships) don’t have that ‘side line’ dividing the piano from the stand; they’re now one solid piece like real acoustic uprights. I’ve never been a fan of that ugly separation line.
Also, Yamaha didn’t even bother providing a ‘cover’ (a la CS10/11) for that hideous interface.

And finally, everything else seems like more marketing gibberish: Grand Expression this, GrandTurd that.

P.S.

I would like to apologize to anyone I advised on waiting for this thing; however, if there is a silver lining, that would be getting the 685 at a discount.

Be vicious, my friends, with them dealers. I can assure you that they still have way too many of these 685s hanging around, and it’s prime time to go pick yourself some low-hanging fruit.

Remember, they -definitely- need your money more than you need their 685 (as Mac would say). smile
... in 50 years time, however I'm hopeful that I will have upgraded to something else by this time...maybe a VPC10? wink

OK, so this is a very elaborate and twisted way of confirming that VPC-line is not abandoned and since you dare mentioning it in a thread about a brand new announcement by the competition, we take it for granted that you want to tease about an imminent VPC-2 laugh

Well, now that you come to mention it, Kawai America are teasing "something new" on their social media...

James
x
Well, now that you come to mention it, Kawai America's are teasing "something new" on their social media...
Interesting. I thought it was about ES9 but seeing the wooden panels it looks like either new CN-series or maybe a lower CA-series model.
Yes ... and the price has "improved", too.

And new words! New suffixes! Making the world better!
RGE is now RGE2.
And other such "improvements".
I guess we won't know what really changed until Yamaha makes the usual video of Peter Baartmans looking at the wrong camera and explaining and demonstrating it.
And they added the fortepiano. Roland has had "historical pianos" for years already.

It seems they left off the tail fins, though.
And where's the chrome trim I've been pining for?

Oh well. Same old, same old. And Nixon is still Nixon, eh?
Posted By: Otavio Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 11:51 AM
Since this topic become a Kawai thread.

Is Kawai releasing their product of the parternship with Nord?

Kawai visual(NV5)/mecanics(Nv10) with Nord samples ?!

That would the PERFECT piano.
Maybe you should a new speculation thread on that topic.

Unless you want to reach page 10 with this one. 😄
The Grand Expression Modelling puzzle me. I quote “ Touch refers to the pianist’s control, not only of intensity (softness/loudness) in playing and releasing the keys, but also of the speed and depth with which the keys are pressed.”

I did think the intensity was related with the key velocity... then the “speed with which the keys are pressed”. There are not a lot of parameters which control the sound.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 12:40 PM
Are they saying that “note-off” is now modeled instead of sampled?
I’m genuinely confused.
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 12:47 PM
Are they saying that “note-off” is now modeled instead of sampled?
I’m genuinely confused.
It MIGHT mean continous detection of key release depth(damper pressure) and that certainly would be something to brag about, but I doubt it.
Posted By: Pete14 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 12:55 PM
But wouldn’t they need to use ‘optical sensors’ for continuous detection?

That's what I was gonna propose in my first post (the one with a lot of "maybes") but decided it's too much to be put in a Clavinova. They would certainly brag about optical sensors. Which is why my theory is rather extension of the triple sensors (quadruple sensors?) or eventually triple sensors that are more distanced or something like that. I'd say if they managed to add an additional fourth sensor (not a rubber dome but rather an interruptible contact when you press the key slightly) would help detect partial press of the key.
Posted By: Nordomus Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/01/20 01:11 PM

That's what I was gonna propose in my first post (the one with a lot of "maybes") but decided it's too much to be put in a Clavinova. They would certainly brag about optical sensors. Which is why my theory is rather extension of the triple sensors (quadruple sensors?) or eventually triple sensors that are more distanced or something like that. I'd say if they managed to add an additional fourth sensor (not a rubber dome but rather an interruptible contact when you press the key slightly) would help detect partial press of the key.
Yeah but again if that was the case I think they would mention it since that would be big evolution of digital piano simulation. But again this sentence from them can't be interpreted any other way I think. We need answers, no Yamaha representative on this forum? smile
James, haven't they tried to headhunt you? laugh After all, Yamaha are also in Hamamatsu, right? Besides, we can be again on the same side of the river 😀 🤝
It seems that their ad-copy has been successful. You're all inclined to read more into the wording than what has actually been said.

Since the 1970s US law has compelled advertisers to live up to the claims made in their advertising.
But there's nothing to stop them from offering vague nonsense ... which elicits from you, the reader/viewer, a desire to insert your own opinion and interpretation.

This is a deception of your own making! The advertiser cannot be charged with a lie. You've lied to yourself.
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/02/20 10:17 PM
so they killed the 700-series equivalent to the CLP-625? (the 725) What piano is going to fill that price point?
so they killed the 700-series equivalent to the CLP-625? (the 725) What piano is going to fill that price point?

Should we start the speculation on new Arius models? 😁

According to the information that I have seen, the CLP-725 will be announced at a later date.

Kind regards,
James
x
Why does Yamaha make many different finish options for the other CLP 7xx offerings, but only three for the 785? Will other finish options be offered later in the year? It appears unlikely since previous CLP x85 options have only been in those three finish options. Just seems odd.
What finishes are "missing"?
For example the CLP 775 has: Polished Ebony, Black, Dark Rosewood, Dark Walnut, White Ash and White. Source
Whereas the CLP has only: Polished Ebony, Black, and Polished White. Source
Edit: Just curious why this is. It seems like as the top of the line they would at least offer the same finishes as the other models.
Posted By: EVC2017 Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/26/20 12:14 AM
Probably some finishes are not popular so they decide to streamline their production cutting unnecessary costs (purchase, storage etc.)
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Maybe because the 785 cabinet is different than all the other cabinets so they can use the other cabinets for all other CLP models and can afford to put out more finishes.
I think it may be related to differing preferences in the various price ranges.
Posted By: @23sss Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/26/20 10:03 PM
finally, evidence exists for the CLP-725
https://webcache.googleusercontent....ents/pianos/clavinova/clp-725/index.html
I've been told that the lower CLP series (which would have been the CLP-725) has been dropped from the line up. The CLP 700 series now starts with the CLP-735.
Originally Posted by antelopeslr5000
I've been told that the lower CLP series (which would have been the CLP-725) has been dropped from the line up. The CLP 700 series now starts with the CLP-735.

I believe the ability to purchase the instrument may depend on your location, however I'm 99% sure that Yamaha will produce the CLP-725.

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: Doug M. Re: Any info on the Yamaha CLP 775 and 785? - 07/29/20 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by antelopeslr5000

I believe the ability to purchase the instrument may depend on your location, however I'm 99% sure that Yamaha will produce the CLP-725.

Kind regards,
James
x

Lol, did this come from the Kawai spies buried deep within the Yamaha corp?

Coure, it's totally like Yamaha to limit the sale of instruments when it feels that the market for a product is regional. We saw the total removal of Electone organs from the EU market when the sales figures dropped too low. Also, Yamaha were going to produce a car using Gordon Murray's iStream technology, and it got dumped because Yamaha considered the market in Europe to be adverse to smaller cars.
Anyone know how the CLP-785 compares to the N1X? How much better is the N1X action, if at all? I'm also a little bummed that the N1X doesn't have the binaural sampling for the Bosendorfer.
The N1X has a quite more pleasant action than Clavinova. But you should forge your opinion by testing by yourself. (It is your money, only you should be convinced).
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums