Piano World Home Page
Posted By: chapi chapo Difference - 02/28/17 11:16 AM
Hi,
What differences can you hear between this and this ?
(Except pitch, eq and quality)
Posted By: Goss Re: Difference - 02/28/17 11:22 AM
Hi chapi,
hm, weirdly enough the one with all the noise had more bounce to its rhythm it seems to me
Posted By: chapi chapo Re: Difference - 02/28/17 11:30 AM
Do you know how to get this kind of bumps ?
The notes of the one with noise fade out really quick and idk how to modify good VST envelope... They don't have options for this
Posted By: Dave Horne Re: Difference - 02/28/17 11:41 AM
What is the point to all of this? What am I missing?
Posted By: chapi chapo Re: Difference - 02/28/17 12:45 PM
Read -_-
Posted By: Dave Horne Re: Difference - 02/28/17 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by chapi chapo
Read -_-

What's the point of displaying music in real time as lines dropping from the top of the screen? What's the point in that?

Posted By: David Farley Re: Difference - 02/28/17 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Read -_-

What's the point of displaying music in real time as lines dropping from the top of the screen? What's the point in that?

This is that thing that started with Magic Piano, isn't it?
Posted By: clothearednincompo Re: Difference - 02/28/17 01:09 PM
The lines drop down and you are supposed to play according to them. Musical notation for dummies.

As for the actual question...welp...either trolling or wanting a fast decay/short sustain and the answer depends on what piano VST he/she is using, so it's impossible to say.
Posted By: chapi chapo Re: Difference - 02/28/17 02:06 PM
in kontakt, can you modify these settings ?
Posted By: toddy Re: Difference - 02/28/17 02:47 PM
in kontakt, can you modify these settings ?

Yes, you can. First, enter the instrument editor via the spanner (top left of the current instrument). Then you can make changes to the instrument, and to the actual sample via the sample editor tab.

However, it's not easy and is really for script editors who design sample sets. I would rather experiment with these sorts of modifications using a synthesiser or just try different piano sample sets till you find something you like.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums