Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Pleumbluebeans Kawai ES7 VS Kawai CN25 - 05/05/15 08:05 AM
ES7 vs CN25 for sound and option. Thanks
Posted By: Upright Re: Kawai ES7 VS Kawai CN25 - 05/05/15 12:38 PM
I have the ES7 and CN25 next to each other and I more like the ES7. But that is personal preference, they are very different pianos.

The CN25 comes in a nice home piano look with key cover. The bass is more powerful on the CN25. The user interface is focused on simplicity and minimalism to not disturb the look.

The ES7 has quick access to more features. You see more buttons. That may disturb some. The speaker system is also quite powerful but less dominant in the bass, but I like that. Sounds more natural to me. If it is mounted on a nice stand like the König & Meyer Omega stand (http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=298&x0c414=b62146188daf0df24ab48e43df42ed7e), it also looks nice, in my opinion. You can take it with you, if you want. But you need a extra key cover, if you like to have one.
Posted By: Just Alan Re: Kawai ES7 VS Kawai CN25 - 05/05/15 01:44 PM
Hi Upright, Another piano to consider is the KAWAI MP7. I own one. It has the same superb RHII 88 note weighted keybed as the ES7, but has far more sounds and has fantastic controller keyboard functionality. The only thing it doesn't have is onboard speakers. For me, that is not a problem at all, for it makes the MP7 a very good professional stage piano, and you can simply plug into a PA system if you are playing onstage...however at home, I simply run the sound to a good quality 2.1 stereo computer speaker and sub woofer speaker set (via a stereo 6.5mm to stereo 3.5mm headphone socket adapter). The MP7 sounds rich and awesome. I can also connect it via a mixer if I really want to, and can thus have a bit more control over EQ, although the MP7 has it's own adjustable EQ anyway. Honestly, it sounds great through my own speakers. No problems getting nice rich bass sounds. Worth considering.
Posted By: dmd Re: Kawai ES7 VS Kawai CN25 - 05/05/15 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Upright
If it is mounted on a nice stand like the König & Meyer Omega stand (http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=298&x0c414=b62146188daf0df24ab48e43df42ed7e), it also looks nice, in my opinion.

When you say MOUNTED, you mean just setting it on top, right ?

I see no way to secure it.

Posted By: Upright Re: Kawai ES7 VS Kawai CN25 - 05/06/15 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by dmd
When you say MOUNTED, you mean just setting it on top, right ?

You are right, mounted is not the exactly right word. The ES7 is simply set on top of the stand. As the Omega is VERY sturdy, it feels very solid, though.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums