Piano World Home Page

My New CA65 Purchase

Posted By: TheBlacknight

My New CA65 Purchase - 05/26/13 08:09 AM

That time has finally arrived... I have sucessfully saved the money for my DP purchase. After quitting smoking some 4 months ago, I decided that I wanted to have something significant to show for it. With the price of cigarettes these days I found being able to save £70-£80 a week particularly welcoming.. Needless to say within 16 weeks I now had £2000.00 ready for my Digital Piano purchase. Bring it on..

After researching over the last six months or so with several trips to local music stores in my area (Manchester,UK) I tried both the Yamaha CLP-440, CLP-470, the Kawai CN34 & CA65. It wasn't long before I decided that the superior feel and action of the Kawai CA65 along with its discreet control panel was the obvious choice for me.

So this week was time to take the plunge and get a CA65 ordered. My personal choice (as much as common sense) suggested a preference to purchasing from a actual music store on the high street rather than buying online, not to mention the obvious superior after sales service you can usually expect when you buy in-store. Helping keep our high streets from crumbling here in the UK was also a concern. With this in mind I expected to get back down to the store in question, when I suddently remembered something I spotted a few weeks ago during out last Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK.

Umbrellamusic.co.uk advertised a 5% discount on everything over £50 on their website during the last bank holiday weekend, so I popped online to check if this was to be the case again this weekend (Spring Bank Holiday). It didn't appear as though this offer was available this time round, so I took the initiative and emailed them to ask. I got a response from their Customer service manager who offered to honour a 5% discount if I were to purchase their Kawai CA65 over the weekend (making a saving of just under £100). Definitely not to be snubbed at!!

Armed with this email on my phone, I drove down to the music store and asked what deal he could offer? He didn't seem to want to give much of a discount (which is kinda normal here in the UK, retailers don't like you bartering for money off) other than to chuck in an adjustable stool for £50 (normal price £149). However, after asking him to price match an offer i was offered online (and showing him the 'said email' from umbrellamusic), I managed to negotiate the same offer of 5% off the CA65..

Being someone who has been at the hands of several dreaded 'courier services' in the UK, he offered me a VIP delivery service from KAWAI UK (normally £99) for £40. This includes a phone call to confirm a suitable delivery date, plus a guaranteed 1 hour time slot, and on the delivery day, full setup of test of the piano and removal of all packaging.

This was particularly helpful for me as i live on the 3rd floor with a winding staircase and didn't fancy trying to drag such an expensive, delicate instrument up 3 flights of stairs.

So, to sum up, my CA65 is ordered for sometime next week, I'mjust waiting for the phone call after the bank holiday weekend.

Total DP price in the end was £1910 less 5% (£1820) plus £40 for the KAWAI VIP Delivery Service making it £1860. Seeing as I was spending a significant amount of money, I threw caution to the wind and then asked for a deal on a pair of Sennhesier HD598 cans (advertised price in store was £189.99) Not expecting any more discount, I still managed to get him down to £149.99 for them. smirk

In all I spent £2010 and pretty much think I got a very good deal. I can't wait for the CA65 to arrive and see just how good it is, and probably how bad my playing is after not touching the ivories for almost 25 years. I did get to Grade 5 when i was 16 but that was a long time ago. Im looking forward to some intense practicing now i'm old and wise enough to not only have the patience, but the spare time at home and to not be distracted by the opposite sex like i was at 16!

I Just thought I would share my finding guys..

Soon as it arrives, ill get a few pictures on here for you.

Posted By: Clayman

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/26/13 09:29 AM

Congrats, TheBlacknight. You've got yourself a pretty good deal indeed. Looks like the end of May 2013 is a good time for aspiring pianists. laugh

And to top it off, you have done yourself a great service by quitting smoking. I sincerely hope that you stay with it. While I have never had a single cigarette and it is my lifelong vow to keep it that way, I realize it is difficult to stop that once you get used to it. It also seems that a pack of cigarettes is pretty pricey in the UK since you were able to save that much money every week only by stopping. In my country, the street prices are ~70 CZK (approx. £2.30) per a pack of 20 sticks, which is quite a bit, but I sort of wish they were even more expensive so that more people would be forced to stop harming their health.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your new piano and maybe I'll see you right next door, in the "Adult Beginners" forum. wink
Posted By: Kawai James

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/26/13 10:34 AM

Congrats TheBlacknight, and thanks for posting your shopping story - your successful 'wheeler-dealer'-ing (love that show!) saved you a bit of cash, while still supporting local businesses. Nice one. wink

Also, congrats on quitting smoking too!

May I wish you all the best getting back into playing again. wink

Cheers,
James
x
Posted By: Pivotal

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/26/13 11:27 AM

Hey blacknight I enjoyed reading your little story. I too have recently bought a CA65 and had a similar shopping experience. You've made a good decision in the end, the CA65 is a nice unit with very decent action and sound. Make sure that you have adequate space ready for delivery since the box it quite over sized.

Tell us your thoughts after playing on it for some time and more importantly enjoy your new purchase when it arrives.
Posted By: Temperament

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/26/13 12:03 PM

Congrats, TheBlackKnight, Pivotal, we both entered this same club just to the same time:
My CA65 buying story

(I have paid 2.350 EUR, 5ys dealers warranty + piano bank included.)

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 03:59 PM

My CA65 Arrived as promised today guys. Delivered by Piano Logistics (who apparently delivery on behalf of Kawai UK)
Im a very happy man today!. So, as promised here's a few images for you.

Please excuse the exposure on some of them but Im managing with an older DSLR until my Canon 6D arrives and Id rather get to my new DP then start editing with photoshop!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Added these two as per Qbert's request lol smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted By: kapelli

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 04:15 PM

Nice piano smile
However, you are missing a candelabre on the piano wink
Posted By: Pivotal

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 04:26 PM

Nice blacknight. It looks great in the black.
Posted By: Qbert

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 04:51 PM

Where're books, sheets, scores?
Posted By: Daniel Corban

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Clayman
It also seems that a pack of cigarettes is pretty pricey in the UK since you were able to save that much money every week only by stopping. In my country, the street prices are ~70 CZK (approx. £2.30) per a pack of 20 sticks, which is quite a bit, but I sort of wish they were even more expensive so that more people would be forced to stop harming their health.

I moved to Canada from the USA ten years ago. Cigarettes, even the premium brands, were $2.25 per pack of 20. I couldn't believe when I saw the prices here in Canada were $6-7 per pack. Who is actually wasting that kind of money on these things?

Originally Posted by Qbert
Where're books, sheets, scores?

In the handy bench storage, I bet!

Nice piano. I didn't discover the Kawai until it was too late; I had already committed to the CLP-440. As most people know, in North America at least, it is very difficult to find a dealer who carries Kawai. If I had found a dealer a few days earlier, I would have seriously considered the CA65. I understand it may be difficult for Kawai to shoehorn themselves into entrenched Roland and Yamaha dealers, but something should be done.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:06 PM

Yes the sheets and books are in the stool. I should have took a few photos of them sorry

*Edit* extra pics now added. Some of you may recognize the BSG songbook by Bear McCreary and for sure the Chopin Nocturne smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:17 PM

Hi, Congrats, out of all of my envy (my CA65 is due to arrive next week, but possibly I have even to postpone it for being abroad).

Did You assemble it Yourself?

I couldn't recognize the bust on the piano, but will probably be ashamed of this as soon you name the "prototype" of it ...

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:22 PM

Hey Temperament. Thats annoying you may have to postpone your delivery! I didnt actually assemble it myself. I paid for VIP Delivery with Piano Logistics (Kawai UK Delivery Handlers) who assemble for you and take away all that bulky packaging! Sweet smile
'
However, Im a little suprised you dont recognise the bust of 'Frederic Chopin'
Posted By: Jean-Luc

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:23 PM

Beautiful instrument smile I seriously think of buying one, I just have to struggle with logistic problems (how to get it in my flat smile ) I wish you a lot of hour of pleasure playing this beautiful instrument.
Posted By: Vid

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:29 PM

Very nice. Congrats!

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 05:46 PM

Hmm, the satin black surface looks lovely on the piano as well. smile Congrats, TheBlacknight, on getting your piano already. I'm still waiting for mine -- it was shipped on Monday but due to the size and weight of the whole shipment (it's 133 kg according to the shipping confirmation shocked ), Thomann use a spedition service instead of the usual courier service (UPS) and in that case the delivery may take up to 7 days. This has been one of the longest weeks in my life, that's for sure. laugh

Well, congratulations again and enjoy your new instrument. wink
Posted By: Eggman

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 07:18 PM

Looks beautiful blackknight, many congratulations. Is it the photos or is there no red felt at the back of the keys?

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 07:30 PM

Yes Eggman, I noticed that immediately when i lifted the cover for the first time. But when I looked properly, the red felt has been replaced by Kawai with black felt for some reason, Im presuming this is a new idea. Must be a new batch of CA65's where Kawai have replaced the red felt with black. I just dont know why? Maybe Kawai James can elaborate

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheBlacknight
However, Im a little suprised you dont recognise the bust of 'Frederic Chopin'

You know, it's quite a time since we didn't see each other.

But seriously, I have looked at the pictures of him, and even then I hard to recognise him. (The image, mostly paintings and graphics, are depicting rather different faces of him. Especially the bust is portraying him in a very idealizing manner. The late photography of him shows a very different character, as does the death mask.)

It is interesting how the images of historical figures occupying our collective memories (and our bank notes, etc.) may be wrong.

Satin black is nice though (the finish of mine will be rosewood.)
Posted By: McBuster

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 09:00 PM

To my knowledge, the Satin Black comes with black felt, the Rosewood, with red. The red would have been wonderful with the black finish. I believe this is the standard for many years.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by McBuster
To my knowledge, the Satin Black comes with black felt, the Rosewood, with red. The red would have been wonderful with the black finish. I believe this is the standard for many years.

Cheers for clearing that up McBuster. I do think your right that the red would have been a great contrast with the Satin Black Finish.
Posted By: ThatWasBrilliant

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/30/13 10:03 PM

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. I'm very interested in possibly procuring one of these myself (I don't smoke.. maybe there's something else I can give up to save dough). Perhaps after you've played it a bit, you'll post again with your impressions on the action, sound, etc. especially if you notice anything that hadn't come up in your research.

Have fun!

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlacknight
Yes Eggman, I noticed that immediately when i lifted the cover for the first time. But when I looked properly, the red felt has been replaced by Kawai with black felt for some reason, Im presuming this is a new idea. Must be a new batch of CA65's where Kawai have replaced the red felt with black. I just dont know why? Maybe Kawai James can elaborate

Kawai DPs with the 'Satin Black' finish utilise silver parts and black felt, while those with other finishes utilise brass parts and red felt. When testing the new 'Satin Black' finish a few years ago, everyone on the product development team agreed that black felt looked more stylish than red.

I hope this answers your query.

Oh, and congrats on your new piano!

Kind regards,
James
x
Posted By: debrucey

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 08:08 AM

Nice headphone stand. I wonder if my bust of Beethoven would double up...

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kawai James
Kawai DPs with the 'Satin Black' finish utilise silver parts and black felt, while those with other finishes utilise brass parts and red felt. When testing the new 'Satin Black' finish a few years ago, everyone on the product development team agreed that black felt looked more stylish than red.

Thanks for letting us know James, this seems to make sense now smile
Id never actually noticed the brass pedals and red felt were a feature on all the Kawai CA series except the satin black. Shows how much attention I was paying!
Posted By: Morodiene

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by debrucey
LOL Beethoven with headphones!

Congrats on your nice new piano! I really like the look of the black and silver, actually, and prefer it without the red felt. Now if only you'd upload some recordings smile
Posted By: bennevis

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morodiene
LOL Beethoven with headphones!

What's with putting busts of famous composers on top of DPs?

All the available space on the top of mine are taken over by volumes of music by said composers..... cry
But maybe I can get a miniature bust or two (no more than a couple of inches high, otherwise they'd obscure their own music) to put on either side of the music rest, to remind me that they're keeping count of all the wrong notes I play....

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 01:43 PM

I have a bookshelf for music. My bust of Beethoven was a gift so I feel obligated to put it somewhere prominent.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 01:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 01:55 PM

Nice Dude! I see we even share the same city !

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 01:59 PM

I have a bookshelf for music.

I have a couple of bookshelves filled with music scores too, but to get to them, I'd have to remove my headphones and walk over.....and I'd probably not bother, and just play something I've memorised instead tired .

Which is why I place the scores of stuff I'm currently learning (or thinking of learning....maybe next year, maybe not shocked ) on top of my V-Piano, within easy reach, so there's no excuse.

If I didn't have to keep removing my headphones to get off my chair (yes, it's a chair, not stool/bench) - i.e. if I could use speakers for playing, I'd probably prefer to have a mug of coffee plus a bust of Wolfie on top, rather than that Scriabin Sonatas volume...... wink

P.S. Beethoven with headphones on is real cool, man - kinda takes away his scowl grin.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 02:11 PM

How was Piano Logistics for you? With me they took about a week longer than estimated.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 03:29 PM

Last couple of pics for you guys. Excuse the horrible lamp. Im still waiting for my brass piano lamp to arrive from Germany

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 03:32 PM

How was Piano Logistics for you? With me they took about a week longer than estimated.

Piano Logistics were pretty good actually. I ordered the CA65 last Friday (24th May) just before the bank holiday and they confirmed delivery date to me on the Tuesday (28th) and it arrived Thursday 30th. So just less than 1 week and that included a bank holiday weekend. smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 04:06 PM

Definitively beautiful smile
I am waiting more and more impatiently to hear back from Thomann and see what they will ask for option to deliver it upstairs smile If it's reasonable (as in "if I can afford it") I will definitively order it, all this pictures have kind of tilted the balance from the VPC1 (not available) to the CA-65 (available). I know it's not the best thing to order a piano without trying it but there has been enough good reviews for it to be confident (besides, I have no choice smile )
Thank you for all the beautiful pictures and enjoy your instrument smile
Posted By: toddy

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by bennevis

......... if I could use speakers for playing, I'd probably prefer to have a mug of coffee plus a bust of Wolfie on top, rather than that Scriabin Sonatas volume...... wink

Ahh, yes. That takes you back a bit, doesn't it? Wolfie, the Tooting Popular Front leader.

[Linked Image]

Why not indeed?
Posted By: Kenny J

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 05:10 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. I bought my Kawai three months ago and I'm loving it. I was wondering what is your favorite piano sound. When I bought mine I initially liked the Mellow Grand best but now I enjoy the Concert Grand more. I'm still refining the sound through the Virtual Technician. I think Kawai has hit a homerun with this instrument.

Also, being from the colonies, what is this bank holidays you speak of? Is it just another term for the weekend or is it a special time of year. The only bank holiday I've ever heard of was when President Rosevelt closed the banks for a time during the Great Depression.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 05:49 PM

Bank holidays are mondays dispersed throughout the year seemingly at random on which everyone gets the day off work except most people don't.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny J

Also, being from the colonies, what is this bank holidays you speak of? Is it just another term for the weekend or is it a special time of year. The only bank holiday I've ever heard of was when President Rosevelt closed the banks for a time during the Great Depression.

The colonies, sensibly, only borrow the best of what the Empire had to offer, and not the excesses like bank holidays, when everyone keeps on working except for the much (and justly wink ) maligned bankers......
Posted By: piRround

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 05/31/13 06:53 PM

Bank holidays are mondays dispersed throughout the year seemingly at random on which everyone gets the day off work except most people don't.

Sounds like our holidays (most of 'em) in the colonies! My job, anyway...

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jean-Luc
Definitively beautiful smile
I am waiting more and more impatiently to hear back from Thomann and see what they will ask for option to deliver it upstairs smile If it's reasonable (as in "if I can afford it") I will definitively order it, all this pictures have kind of tilted the balance from the VPC1 (not available) to the CA-65 (available). I know it's not the best thing to order a piano without trying it but there has been enough good reviews for it to be confident (besides, I have no choice smile )
Thank you for all the beautiful pictures and enjoy your instrument smile

Thomann probably won't help you here afaict, their spedition partners only deliver "to the door". That's why I had to find a local mover company and already notified them that I'm going to need their services once the spedition service gives me a call that my order is here. (I'm definitely not going to lift the 133kg package all the way up to the 6th floor where I live. smile )

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 09:05 AM

I would suggest to consider using the built-in elevator (I don't assume the CA95 has one, but perhaps your housing block grin .)

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 02:28 PM

Hah. laugh Maybe Kawai could give it some thought and start equipping their pianos with grappling hooks and carriages for easier lifting.

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Clayman

Thomann probably won't help you here afaict, their spedition partners only deliver "to the door". That's why I had to find a local mover company and already notified them that I'm going to need their services once the spedition service gives me a call that my order is here. (I'm definitely not going to lift the 133kg package all the way up to the 6th floor where I live. smile )

Well, I don't know. When I contacted Thomann (France) to ask information about the delivery process they were the one who offered me to contact their shipping company to inquire how much they will charge to deliver on the first floor so I guess it is a possibility otherwise they would probably have just said "no way".

Wait and see smile

The sad thing is, the box is 68 cm wide otherwise I would have asked them to put it in the basement (street level) and opened the box there, carrying the pieces with friends. But the basement door is only 64 cm wide :P

I am also in contact with a more local store (50 km from my home) but they apparently also only deliver at street level. I guess the piano selling business must be flourishing and they don't care loosing a 2300€ sale :P

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 06:47 PM

Interesting. Maybe it depends on the local contractors doing the deliveries but as far as Czech Rep. Thomann website states the spedition companies are neither insured nor contractually obliged to do home deliveries.

If that is a possibility for you, then your life just got a little bit easier. smile

Thankfully the staircases in our blocks of flats are spacious enough to allow for fairly easy manipulation. I just wonder if Thomann shipped the piano on some sort of pallet or something since the total weight of the shipment does not somehow add up IMO (the piano itself is 87 kg, the stool is ~9 kg, but the whole package is 133 kg, which leaves additional 37 kg that are unaccounted for -- quite a bit for what should supposedly be packing material).

Wait and see indeed. smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/01/13 06:55 PM

Clayman, I saw this video of the unboxing of a CA-65 on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhhU4dhePLs and it seems that the package arrive on a pallet.
If they can't deliver to my floor it's a bit of a problem, the box will have to stay in the street until a friend comes to help me (we would have to open the box in the street (luckily a peaceful one) to take out the keyboard part and carry it upstairs alone (apparently that's what the person in the video did with his wife so it should be doable).
Lol, I haven't ordered yet and I am already impatient to get it so I imagine it's the same for you smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/02/13 08:18 AM

I'm still not sure how the delivery turns out. The spedition service is supposed get in touch with me beforehand and agree with me on the time of delivery so I hope they do indeed do that and I will in turn contact the movers and tell them the time at which I'm going to need them to be here.

This is probably my biggest worry now, made even worse by the constant rain that has been pouring on Prague since maybe Wednesday.
Posted By: Hookxs

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/02/13 08:43 AM

You can have a backup place ready (garage, office where you work, ...) and if the timing goes wrong, have the piano delivered to the backup place and only later moved by the other company to your place. Better than leaving it out in the rain:-)
BTW, how much do you pay Thomann for the delivary?

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/02/13 08:56 AM

Clayman, apparently the box come covered with heavy plastic and on a pallet so it should be waterproof for a while (maybe an hour or so). I think if you can it would be safe to make sure you have a tarp handy (the bottom of the box will be protected from the wet street by the pallet.
Hookxs, Thomann deliveries are free (in my case I will have to pay something to have the piano delivered to the first story (The default delivery is at ground level).

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/02/13 04:56 PM

I think that I could at least persuade them to move the piano inside the house so as to not leave it out (even though the parking lot in front of the house is protected by a roof so in the worst case they could just move the box there to keep it away from the rain). To tell you the truth, I was hoping for much better weather by now. frown

And yes, as Jean-Luc says, the delivery was free -- it always is for orders with price above 199 EUR. smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/04/13 09:55 AM

I finally received a number for the delivery at my story by Thomann: €250, so I guess I will have to find another solution, I really consider it to be a bit much smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/04/13 03:53 PM

250 Euro? What's included in that sum? I thought you only needed to lift the piano up one storey?

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/04/13 04:20 PM

Yes Clayman, you are right, but apparently, they would send a truck with two drivers. What I wanted was an agreement for the one driver to help me carry the piano to my story but I guess it's an insurance policy smile
I have good news (for me) though but I will post in a new thread so that I do not "hijack" this one too much smile
Posted By: shinegamix

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/21/13 04:08 PM

soon i will join your ranks. i ordered my ca65 today in rosewood color. manage to get a bench and shipping free of charge
Posted By: tomek

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/21/13 05:10 PM

I also smile Will be on the beginning of July. (rosewood too). Can't wait to place it in my room smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 06/21/13 05:24 PM

tomek were you able to find a mahogany one? how much lighter is it compared to the rosewood? I was in doubt but store here did not have a sample of the mahogany one?

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 02:20 PM

and here it is, my baby arrived and i love it 3hearts 3hearts 3hearts 3hearts 3hearts

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Concert Grands are superb, Mellows and Pops - outstanding !!

Quick note - where's balance (volume) between kawai's engine and songs form usb that i play along with ?
Posted By: semo

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 02:45 PM

That's lovely, congrats tomek!
Posted By: Amaruk

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 04:28 PM

Tomek, congratulations to your new piano. It looks great! Enjoy!!
Posted By: Ojustaboo

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 04:42 PM

Deleted
Posted By: ThatWasBrilliant

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 05:12 PM

Congrats to all! I ordered my CA65 yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive!

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 09:27 PM

Congrats tomek! But why the flat music rest?

James
x
Posted By: King Norre

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/07/13 11:14 PM

It seems the CA65 is a popular choice. I got mine since last tuesday and I really like it. I'll try to post some pics later this week wink

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/08/13 02:34 AM

mine is flat too. i place my laptop on it

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/08/13 04:24 AM

thank you all !

Originally Posted by Kawai James
Congrats tomek! But why the flat music rest?

James
x

i can play only with my ears (dont know how to write it properly)

speaking of volume balance - i already figured out this.

Just need to find now fingers practise exercises on YT - (scales and arpeggios) and.. well, roll on smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/08/13 05:39 AM

Congratulations on your purchase, the entire Kawai CA series are brilliant pianos. Have lots of fun playing and training. smile

Re: My New CA65 Purchase - 07/08/13 10:04 AM

Congrats Tomek, it's a wonderful instrument and I hope it will bring you a lot of pleasure for many years to come smile

© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums