Piano World Home Page
I want to put on my earphones, run the mmo orchestra and accompany with my Ivory American Grand...

Any EASY way to do this so that everything is happening through my earphones?

One way might be to copy the orchestral accompaniment onto an audio track in Sonar, and playback with keyboard, but that seems a lot of fussing.

There must be a simpler way?

General solution to all such problems:

. . . Buy a Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer for about $60.

Cable the output of whatever plays the MMO track into one input, cable the output of Ivory D into another input,
plug the headphones into the "Phone" output.

You'll have several inputs free for other signal sources.

. Charles

PS -- there's a Xenyx 502 mixer that's even cheaper.
Or....two sets of earpieces. Left of one pair into the CD player, right side in your piano!
I play along with stuff about 50% of the and the simplest (and very effective) way is to have your music coming through earbud headphones and your piano coming through over-the-ear headphones. It is easy to mix yourself in so you seem part of the music. I have a seperate ipod filled with "piano" music to play along with.
I watch videos on my N3 while I practice and use the tablet headphone output going into the aux input of the N3. I can adjust the volume of the tablet and the overall volume of the N3. (This is cheaper and easier than buying a mixer though a mixer will serve you well here and in many other situations.)

You might have to buy an adapter or a cable such as a 1\8" stereo at one end becoming two 1\4" mono at the other end, a Y cable. Your local 'Radio Shack' will have what you need.
if all this is possible, then I guess my fastrack ultra will work too, via the 1/4 inch inputs?

© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums