Piano World Home Page
Posted By: jsryu Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/03/12 05:03 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of some good prices on the AvantGrand N3. My dealer has it at $15,000 CDN, so I am wondering what room I have to negotiate it possibly down to $13,000. I understand that this technology is now more than 2-3 years old. Does anyone have any experience purchasing this recently?

Thanks JS
Posted By: gvfarns Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/03/12 05:42 PM
I would think so. At least if you were in the US.

Someone picked one up for not much over $10K a while ago (in the prices paid thread), though there might have been some special cirucmstances. Also, I've heard lots of people complain that DP's are more expensive in Canada, so you may not have as much leverage as your southern neighbors.
Posted By: MacMacMac Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/03/12 09:44 PM
I think you're asking in the wrong place. The only one who can answer is the dealer. And he'll only answer if you first make an offer.

As stated in the previous post, I'd go lower than $13000. Much lower. Try $10000. Make the offer and watch the Dealer Games begin!
Originally Posted by jsryu
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of some good prices on the AvantGrand N3. My dealer has it at $15,000 CDN, so I am wondering what room I have to negotiate it possibly down to $13,000. I understand that this technology is now more than 2-3 years old. Does anyone have any experience purchasing this recently?
Posted By: Dave Horne Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/04/12 10:55 AM
I would think you could get the price down a bit ... perhaps to 14,000.

I tend to think whatever price the dealer quotes, someone here will always state to try and get it even lower. I bought my N3 on the spot since the dealer gave me such a good price for my GranTouch unseen.

I would visit a few Yamaha dealers and see what the typical price is. If you have any problems in the future you always want to deal with someone close to you.
Posted By: NoticeofAppeal Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/06/12 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by jsryu

I just picked mine up a couple months ago for $10k US, with free 0% financing for 12 months. I had to drive a few hundred miles to pick it up, but the local price was $12k US.

The only "special" circumstances could be that the dealership I purchased from is in a somewhat rural area (population in the hundreds of thousands, not millions) and I felt like the N3 was overpriced for the area. They had it for awhile and it hadn't sold. That said, it was perfect when I picked it up.

They offered $11,000 delivered without any negotiation. Our only negotiation was that I said "how much if I pick it up (and drive a couple hundred miles)," and then they said $10k.
Posted By: Dave Horne Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/07/12 09:06 AM
How did the assembly of it go? It's definitely a two man job though I'd feel more comfortable with three people.
Posted By: NoticeofAppeal Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/07/12 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
How did the assembly of it go? It's definitely a two man job though I'd feel more comfortable with three people.

I paid some local piano movers we've used in the past (a couple hundred dollars) to help me unload, and they brought three guys. Three (plus me) made it easy to move. It fit neatly in the back of our Yukon XL (i.e., Suburban). It's heavy -- I think around 600 pounds -- but reassembly is really simple. It's just a few bolts, and having the extra people there made it an easy task.
Posted By: ando Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/07/12 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by NoticeofAppeal
It's heavy -- I think around 600 pounds --

It's 438 pounds (199kg) according to the Yamaha website.
Posted By: NoticeofAppeal Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/07/12 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by ando

Thanks for that. It sure felt like 600 pounds!
Posted By: ando Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/07/12 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by NoticeofAppeal
Originally Posted by ando

Thanks for that. It sure felt like 600 pounds!

Haha, I'm sure it did. grin
Posted By: BBM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/08/12 03:19 AM
I'm interested in purchasing a N3 as well. The sticker price is $15K. I'm wondering what part of the country are you in to get the N3 for 10K?
Posted By: BBM Re: Yamaha AvantGrand N3 pricing - 08/08/12 04:48 AM
I'm looking for a N3 as well and I'm wondering which part of the town are you in. If your location is close enough, i can get similar deal.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums