Piano World Home Page
Posted By: mwf Roland HP307 for CLP 470! - 06/15/11 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Roland has annoyed me too much this time, having bought the HP307 last August I have never been 100% happy with the sound, nor the loud thumping noise the keys make, I even sold my CLP380 for one!!!, idiot that I am.

Basically I think I will be selling my Roland HP307 to get a CLP470, just wanted to know if this is an unwise decision to make, i am doing this simply because they keys wear out too quickly on my 307, I already got a whole new keyboard replaced within a few months of buying it, now its happening again, NO EXCUSES ROLAND! this is unacceptable.

Now I think I will sell it for maybe £2000 and get the 470.

what you guys think? is that price too much, its in great conidition/as new not even a year old.

Is the 470 a step down in terms of sound quality/speaker quality and touch etc..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark
Posted By: ChrisA Re: Roland HP307 for CLP 470! - 06/15/11 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by mwf
...i am doing this simply because they keys wear out too quickly on my 307, I already got a whole new keyboard replaced within a few months of buying it, now its happening again

I'd bet that the standard plastic keys interchange with Roland's "sponge plasitic" (aka "ivory") keys. Ask Roland if they can put on the cheaper but more durable hard plastic keytops. The action would remain the same.

I think Yamaha needs to update their technology. The sound engine inside the CLP series is only incrementally changed from 10 years ago. Not that Yamaha can't do better, they but the newest sound engine and the newest key action inside the CP1 and CP5 and left for more expensive CLP alone.

I can only hope one day to practice enough to wear off the tops of a set of keys.
Posted By: spanishbuddha Re: Roland HP307 for CLP 470! - 06/15/11 07:36 PM
Not answering your question, sorry, but for £2000 why not consider a Kawai CA63?
Posted By: KathyL Re: Roland HP307 for CLP 470! - 06/15/11 09:05 PM
I tend to agree with Spanish Buddha......I understand from other posts that the CLP470/480 is not that much better than the CLP370/380 in technology. I purchased a Roland HP302 a couple of months ago and am not 100% happy with it either. Although it has a lovely sound (some people say it's rather artificial) I do not like the heavy noise of the keybed. I can hear it when I'm playing even on the headphones. I tried a Kawai CN33 and CN43 as well as a CA63 and the former had lovely key action (even when played silently) and the key action of the CA63 just blew me away. I think I'm going to sell the Roland in the spring and pick up one of those Kawai to replace it.
Posted By: Kawai James Re: Roland HP307 for CLP 470! - 06/15/11 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisA
I think Yamaha needs to update their technology. The sound engine inside the CLP series is only incrementally changed from 10 years ago.

Have you played the new CLP-4xx instruments?

James
x
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums