Piano World Home Page
Posted By: voxpops Kawai ES(n) - 11/22/10 06:08 AM
This evening I came this close (picture finger and thumb held a nanometer apart) from buying a Nord NP88. The other day I was similarly teetering on the brink of going for the SV-1. In each instance something was holding me back. In the case of the Nord it's a so-so action; with the SV-1 it's a feeling that it's "almost but not quite," if that makes any sense.

Then I thought about the possibility of a replacement for Kawai's ES6. Give it a better action than the Nord, and a smoother implementation of pianos, EPs and organs than the Korg, and maybe it can work as an excellent stage/home hybrid.

Of course it's true competitor should be the Roland FP-7f. When you look at the specs of the existing model, it bears quite a lot of similarity to the FP-7, and is priced similarly. So, if a new model is on the horizon, here's what I'd like to see:
1. Same action as the MP6
2. UPHI pianos and EPs derived from MP10
3. 88-note sampling
4. The drive/amp modeling from the MP6
5. A few tonewheel organs from the MP6
6. Similar weight (or lighter) than the existing model

If this were priced to compete with the FP-7F, I see no reason why it shouldn't make an impressive dent in Roland's sales. Just do it quickly, because I can't hold out forever!
Posted By: virtu Re: Kawai ES(n) - 11/22/10 06:39 AM
voxpops:

This a FLAC file from a demo of Kawai ES6 that I recorded from a Kawai ES6. You have to download to listen it.
http://www.4shared.com/file/_ZT52dy3/Kawai_ES6_Piano_and_Strings.html

I am an 1 week old owner of a very nice Kawai ES6 and I am very happy with it. But, if you have a chance to go with MP6, it will be very nice.

If you need more sound example, let me try to help you.

Tks.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums