Piano World Home Page

Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics)

Posted By: cast12

Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/03/10 09:38 PM

I just received my Casio AP-620 and decided to look at its keyboard before setting it up. My last Casio piano (the PX 830)had very unevenly spaced keys -- some were too far apart, others too close -- and I had to return it. I don't want to bother setting up this new piano until I've determined whether its keys are spaced appropriately.

I looked at the keyboard and thought that it looked acceptable, but I'm curious what you guys think. Here are some pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So what do you guys think? Should I keep it?
Posted By: Vectistim

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/03/10 09:42 PM

Without setting it up can you try pressing all the keys at various speeds and weights, and see if they all behave?

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/03/10 09:44 PM

The keys seem to behave fine. My main concern is their spacing. From what you can tell from the pictures, do you think it's an issue?
Posted By: Gorm Laben

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/03/10 10:31 PM

AP620 - great sound, in my humble opionion. Casio Celviano keys, though...

Have you made sure they don't catch on each other, even slightly, while pressed together? If they do they may make a clacking noise while playing. I found this to be the case with mine.

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/03/10 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Deutsch
AP620 - great sound, in my humble opionion. Casio Celviano keys, though...

Have you made sure they don't catch on each other, even slightly, while pressed together? If they do they may make a clacking noise while playing. I found this to be the case with mine.

They don't seem to catch each other. My main concern was getting another piano whose keyboard looks like this: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1451243/Uneven_key_spacing_on_my_Casio.html

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/04/10 12:05 AM

Any other thoughts?
Posted By: superwang

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/04/10 02:13 PM

Well, it looks fine to me from the pictures, and if they are functioning properly as you indicate, I'd say put the thing together and enjoy it!
Posted By: galaxy4t

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/04/10 03:32 PM

Cast,
Pics look good. Keyboard looks uniform. No unduly wide gaps. How does it play. Any keys with excessive side to side wobble?

Re: Just got my Casio AP-620 (with pics) - 08/04/10 08:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's advice.

The piano plays fine, and my only complaint is that there is a piece of dust stuck under the plastic LCD cover. It's not very noticeable, but I can't seem to remove it.

© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums