Piano World Home Page
Posted By: oth47 Latest aquisition.. - 06/13/18 11:32 AM
I found a Wurlitzer upright from the 30s that lived on a riverboat in Wisconsin,then in a resort.It's painted red,41" tall,61 notes. 3 keys are not chipped..the red appears to be the original color.Under the keyboard was a small key,bobby pin,a 1946 penny and a matchbook advertising the Chula Vista resort hotel and Hotel Witter.I've been wanting one of these lil uprights for a long time.
Posted By: SuzyUpright Re: Latest aquisition.. - 06/16/18 08:23 AM
Congratulations on your find! Are you planning on doing any work on it ? Any pics? I have a liking for 'mini pianos" as well smile
Posted By: oth47 Re: Latest aquisition.. - 06/16/18 12:35 PM
Probably just on the action,and maybe the keyboard.I think I'll leave the case as found,I don't mind character marks.I'll bring in a tuner after it's been here a while.The Wurlitzer joins a herd of 2 Melodigrands and 2 Gulbransen Pinafores.I love the sound of these lil pianos.I'll post a pic if my camera battery will take a charge.
Posted By: oth47 Re: Latest aquisition.. - 06/16/18 12:48 PM
The ad is still up on the Nashville Tn craigslist,about halfway down the first page..listed as "Vintage baby upright with a past"
Posted By: SuzyUpright Re: Latest aquisition.. - 06/17/18 08:11 AM
Oh my it's adorable! I wouldn't touch the case either, it's perfect as is...
The bit of height is what makes it for me....what a great deal! Enjoy smile
Posted By: oth47 Re: Latest aquisition.. - 06/17/18 11:49 AM
I took the action out and retrieved a piece of poolroom chalk,a jigsaw puzzle piece and a plastic hairpin from between the hammers and dampers..replaced a burned (!?!) bridle strap,reglued a jack flange and put a lot of hammer springs back in place.Now all notes play.The middle and upper sections are playable,the bass is badly in need of tuning.I'm happy with it..
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums