Piano World Home Page
Posted By: CanCakmur Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/12/12 04:39 AM
Hello,
The work is still in progress and I'm really sorry for the piano (out of tune, very bad - but I have no other opportunity)..

Posted By: MarkH Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/12/12 08:05 PM
Your octaves are really quite good. There's still some work to be done, but your tempo is fantastic, and your hands look relatively relaxed. The tuning isn't THAT bad either. I'm impressed!
Posted By: pianoloverus Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/12/12 08:48 PM
It's a pleasure to watch the very rapid progress in your series of Youtube videos starting just a few years ago.
Posted By: CanCakmur Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/12/12 11:39 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words MarkH and Pianoloverus.
Posted By: Damon Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 12:06 AM
Ditto what PL said. And the piano isn't that bad, at least not as bad as many I've heard. Was this done with a zoom or flip? And if so, was the leveling automatically set?
Posted By: CanCakmur Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 07:05 AM
Hi Damon,
I'm sorry for my english but I couldn't understand what you meant by "zoom or flip" and "automatic levelling".
Posted By: Damon Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by CanCakmur
Hi Damon,
I'm sorry for my english but I couldn't understand what you meant by "zoom or flip" and "automatic levelling".

I was referring to the recording device. I guess you weren't using either of those. "Zoom" and "Flip" are brands.
Posted By: PaulaPiano34 Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 02:13 PM
Wonderful! smile
Posted By: CanCakmur Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by chobeethaninov
Wonderful! smile

Thank you very much milou
Posted By: CanCakmur Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Damon
Hi Damon,

I was referring to the recording device. I guess you weren't using either of those. "Zoom" and "Flip" are brands.

I recorded it with a Sony (cx-305) camera. But in the sound recording option of the camera I chose "zoom microphone" (but unfortunately I don't exactly know what it means, but it seems this option records better than the other, which was "standard microphone"). Is the sound good?
Posted By: Damon Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/13/12 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Damon
Hi Damon,

I recorded it with a Sony (cx-305) camera. But in the sound recording option of the camera I chose "zoom microphone" (but unfortunately I don't exactly know what it means, but it seems this option records better than the other, which was "standard microphone"). Is the sound good?

Yes, it's not bad at all. The room is a little 'bouncy' but the dynamics were captured fairly well. (I'm sort of casually comparing recording devices for future reference.) smile

Again good work and, so far, I love your choice of music. wink
Posted By: Beethoven747-400 Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/16/12 01:36 PM
Very well played!

Do you have any advice to other pianists learning this piece? Since you play it so well! smile
Posted By: DameMyra Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/19/12 04:46 PM
Beautifully played.
Posted By: CanCakmur Re: Erlkonig (Schubert-Liszt) - 03/26/12 09:49 PM
Thank you very much Beethoven747-400 and DameMyra for your kind words.
Originally Posted by Beethoven747-400

Do you have any advice to other pianists learning this piece?

Well, I'm not in a position to give advises to pianists. I have to achieve a lot to give advises and this will take many many years. But I can suggest pianists to read Goethe's poem "Erlkonig" (if they did not already read) before playing this piece. Moreover, in my opinion it is also a must to listen the original lied by Schubert. I prefer Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau's interpretation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI

© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums