Piano World Home Page
Posted By: mrenaud Piano Concerto - 04/02/15 05:59 PM
This is my most recent work, a concerto for piano and small ensemble.

Instrumentation:

- solo piano (=toy piano)
- flute (=piccolo and bass flute)
- clarinet in Bb (=clarinet in Eb and bass clarinet in Bb)
- percussion 1: bass drum, Beijing opera gong, metal chimes, bean rattle, radio, melodica, flexatone, 2 gongs
- percussion 2: snare drum, Chinese cymbal, spring drum, sleigh bells, rain stick, melodica, crotales, 2 gongs
- percussion 3: hi-hat, tam-tam, brake drum, bamboo chimes, hyoshigi, 3 cardboard boxes, flexatone (arco), 2 gongs
- percussion 4: cymbal, maracas, glass chimes, castanets, ocean drum, guitar amplifier, steel pan, 2 gongs
- violin
- violoncello
- double bass

Recording:

- Movement I (12'27")
- Movement II (14'45")

The performers on this recording are Helena Bugallo (piano) and the Ensemble Phoenix, conducted by Jürg Henneberger.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Iori Fujita Re: Piano Concerto - 04/05/15 09:25 PM
I should say, "It's great!" But I could not enjoy it. It is one of the ordinary contemporary music works with the sounds like "don~pyu- cha~ben den den". Sorry.
Posted By: mrenaud Re: Piano Concerto - 05/31/15 06:51 PM
If bringing up a thread constantly is ok now, I think it should be ok to bring this one up again as well. I feel that this is one of my best pieces so far, it has piano in it and a big cadenza, and yet no useful comments so far, so... here it is again help
Posted By: Nikolas Re: Piano Concerto - 05/31/15 07:00 PM
First of all Iori is a bit full of *ahem*, with that generic "anti-contemporary" comment.

Second of all, it's ALL SO PECULIAR that there's a LOVE recording of a piano concerto with absolutely not posts.

Thirdly, I'll admit that I noticed it before, but didn't have the time to listen back then (nor do I), so I'm sorry about that.

But I promise to listen and post my impressions!

And yes, you should bump a thread from time to time, if it's worth it... just don't over do it like someone else does! At least that's my opinion! grin
Posted By: TheHappyPianoMuse Re: Piano Concerto - 06/01/15 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by mrenaud
If bringing up a thread constantly is ok now, I think it should be ok to bring this one up again as well. I feel that this is one of my best pieces so far, it has piano in it and a big cadenza, and yet no useful comments so far, so... here it is again help

It's perfectly okay to resuscitate a thread. There are only two fair ways to "kill" a thread. One is to provide the ultimate comment which covers all bases and answers all questions. Posters who do this effectively are "thread killers". And it's definitely NOT a negative term.

The other way is to simply ignore it. Threads die of neglect. So I can never understand why people wanting to kill a thread post an answer. Neglect kills plants ... and threads. If you don't like a thread, then ignore it. That's fair.

Then the question of no replies. Some people avoid negative comments and feel that silence is the best response. I am not an afficionado of contemporary classical music, so don't feel qualified to comment. Or even make suggestions. Creating a piece of music .. or a painting or a poem, is an intensely personal thing.

The Ant . laugh
Posted By: Cagarras Re: Piano Concerto - 06/05/15 05:49 PM
I think It's a great work.Ok, It isn't Ludovico Einaudible, so dear reader, if you have a nineteenth sensitivity, please, run!
Posted By: wr Re: Piano Concerto - 06/06/15 12:52 PM
I listened to it back when it was first posted, and thought that I had posted a response. I don't really watch this forum closely, so I didn't notice that what I had typed never actually showed up. That happens once in a while - things I think were posted just disappear into the ether.

Anyway, I remember being impressed by the piece, and that I enjoying listening to it. It held my interest all the way through, which is one of the highest compliments I can give for new music. I'm not very good at detailed commentary or critique, so whatever I wrote was probably not terribly intelligent in that regard, but I did want you to know that it had been heard, and with pleasure.

Posted By: Nikolas Re: Piano Concerto - 06/06/15 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Cagarras
I think It's a great work.Ok, It isn't Ludovico Einaudible, so dear reader, if you have a nineteenth sensitivity, please, run!
Carlos... LOL!

This is what it took to get you back to posting in Pianoworld? grin
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums