Piano World Home Page

Van Morrison's "Stranded"?

Posted By: newbert

Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 05/10/16 04:51 PM

Can anyone direct me to a source for the sheet music (or lead sheet) for Van Morrison's "Stranded" ?

Thanks!
Posted By: kalgo

Re: Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 08/15/19 02:47 AM

Hi there,
I know quite some time has passed, but I was wondering if you had any success in finding the piano sheet music for Stranded? I have scoured the internet but have found nothing. You would think it must exist, but it is certainly well hidden!
Thanks!
Posted By: Nahum

Re: Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 08/15/19 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by kalgo
Hi there,
I know quite some time has passed, but I was wondering if you had any success in finding the piano sheet music for Stranded? I have scoured the internet but have found nothing. You would think it must exist, but it is certainly well hidden!
Thanks!

This melody sounds like a paraphrase on "At Last" , and it is not surprising that there is no demand for its notes - unlike the second song tune :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRwWCBjjYA
http://www.forpiano.com/FILEX/A/8d0v8s8v0a/etta_james--at_last.pdf
Posted By: PianoWVBob

Re: Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 08/15/19 06:47 AM

I've only heard this for the first time now but it SEEMS like it's just chording and some riffing / fills going on. Nothing that couldn't be copied by someone with a bit of experience.
Posted By: Nahum

Re: Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 08/15/19 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by PianoWVBob
I'. Nothing that couldn't be copied by someone with a bit of experience.
The combination of the most standard song harmony and a similarly independent melodic line , not suffering from originality, pushes the very talented performer towards vocal ornamentation; which is just not easy to transcribe, and not just for beginners.
Posted By: Kbeaumont

Re: Van Morrison's "Stranded"? - 08/15/19 01:18 PM

Sounds like Eb Cm Fm Bb repeated. I'm not near a piano. Try picking out the melody in the key of Eb or just sing to the groove.
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums