Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Cindysphinx MOYD List - 01/05/06 08:33 PM
This thread is devoted to helping us keep track of members who are participating in MOYD ("Master Of Your Domain"). MOYD players, if you forget to practice, confess your sins here (or start a new thread to discuss your woes) and we'll move you to the bottom of the MOYD list so you can start working your way up.

If you're new around these parts, you may have no idea what MOYD is. If that's you, read this:
Explanation of MOYD

Feel free to join MOYD anytime by saying so on this thread. We'd love to have you!

Jan. 1, 2006 players

Cindysphinx
Monica Kern
yellowville
Cryptkeeper
MayneAttraction
SAS
derekrs
PerformingYak
markjpcs
Copper
AdagioM
Nina
mikhailoh
ShiroKuro
dvdiva
Lizzy1234
Frank R
Fredman
vanfanel
AngelJade
JohnWI
Frycek
CMain
Dorrie
Teachum
Mr._Super-hunky
JohnN
leebea
newpianoplayer
Sue Zewan
Ossk8ter
Beandoc
SusieQ
Sandy Moore
Goldy 1002
Laura D
FatherBob
Musdan
Catlady

tk -- Jan. 4
Minorkeys -- Jan 4
Jo -- Jan. 6
dfvanden -- Jan. 6
JBeachum -- Jan. 7
Divadeb -- Jan. 10
Luna -- Jan. 16
Kam -- Jan. 18
Debrina -- Jan. 23
El Pianista -- Jan. 24
Arjen -- Jan. 29
kfcheung -- Feb. 1, Oct. 15
Piano_luvr_4Life -- Jan. 23, 30, 31
Raub -- Feb. 11
Jasperkeys -- Feb. 16
Pastafarian -- Feb. 16
Goldy 1002 -- Feb. 21
Cathysy1002 -- Feb. 22
Funburger -- Mar. 1
s54mo827 -- Mar. 1
caperflutist -- Mar. 5
zoso -- Mar. 7
Monster M&H -- Jan. 6, Mar. 8, Oct. 27
Pg1 -- Jan. 9, Mar. 17
Euan Morrison -- Mar. 30
Kawaiigirl -- Apr. 2
Naught -- Feb. 27, Apr. 3
Ozor Mox -- Jan. 4, Apr. 5, May 20
AndreaH -- Jan. 23, Apr. 20, July 11, July 16
Voyager -- Apr. 22
OperaTenor -- Apr. 22
gaboux -- Mar. 6, Apr. 25
Par -- May 11, Aug. 10, Oct. 26
Phantom -- May 12
LovesChopinTooMuch -- May 19
Keyboard Samurai -- May 20
Poof -- May 24
Trainlady -- June 26
Twitch77 -- Aug. 9
rocky -- Aug. 21 on hiatus
Triryche -- Aug. 28
Luna -- Apr. 23, Sept. 6 (on hiatus)
Octane -- June 14, Sept. 6
Piano&Violin -- Oct. 25
Margareth -- Apr. 23, May. 22, Nov. 2
wolfindmist -- Nov. or thereabouts
Posted By: coda Re: MOYD List - 01/06/06 10:08 AM
Hi Cindysphinx,

I posted on the original thread to join but did not update the list. I see that somewhere in that thread this sort of became the norm.

I'm assuming that you 'own' the list being the ringleader. Can I play too?

thanks

jo
Posted By: dfvanden Re: MOYD List - 01/06/06 12:17 PM
If it's ok with everyone. I'll join too. I don't think I'll last too long, but I'll keep trying.
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 01/06/06 11:03 PM
Absolutely! I'll put you both down.

Jo, sorry you got overlooked. . . .
Posted By: pg1 Re: MOYD List - 01/09/06 04:01 PM
can I join too or is it too late?

Thanks
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 01/09/06 05:27 PM
Done!
Posted By: dvdiva Re: MOYD List - 01/10/06 08:42 AM
Could you put me at the bottom? I fell out Jan 3 but am restarting today. I just had my piano lesson this morning and my piano teacher agreed that my fingers were numb and uncooperative (since the only exercise they've gotten this week was twiddling with the TV remote!). So back to the bottom I go!
Posted By: Naught Re: MOYD List - 01/10/06 02:08 PM
I'm in. I'm new to the board. I bought myself an old Kimball upright for Christmas '04 and started taking lessons. I've been at it a year now, and am actually starting to see some progress. Hopefully this will be the incentive I need to sit down to it on the weekends. =)
Posted By: Luna Re: MOYD List - 01/16/06 04:41 AM
Please add me as well! I'd love to join. Thanks.
Posted By: Kam Re: MOYD List - 01/18/06 09:30 PM
Please add me as well
thank you
Posted By: debrina Re: MOYD List - 01/23/06 04:15 AM
Hi all, I am new too. I am a returning adult player. My mom started me at the age of 4 (!) and I played up until probably 8th grade, then very little to nothing, occasionally on an electric keyboard, since then. I am now 42, and my 3 yr old son told my husband to get me for Christmas! So hubby got me a very old, but nicely restored Bennett-Bretz baby grand. And here I am, doing my Hanons and playing as much as I can. I think I have missed only 2 days since the piano was delivered on 12/23/05. So count me in on the MOYD! Great to meet all of you in cyberspace!

Debbie (debrina)
Posted By: Piano_luvr_4Life Re: MOYD List - 01/23/06 05:35 PM
Oooo Count me in! I need to join! I have to get back into the habit of regular practice.

So, put me on the list. laugh I will try my best to do at least SOMETHING on the piano everyday. smile
Posted By: Naught Re: MOYD List - 01/23/06 06:56 PM
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/32/1510.html

You can also use this online practice tracker. Its a sticky thread at the top of this forum.

You might have to PM Markjpcs to get it work after you register and all. He fixed me up right away.
Posted By: tk Re: MOYD List - 01/23/06 08:37 PM
Want to quickly say "Welcome" to some of the new "faces" I've seen in this thread: dfvanden, Naught (Hey! Welcome to WTF, too, BTW!), KAM and debrina. I haven't checked in at PW much, so I must have missed your intros.

Cindy--Would you mind editing your first post w/ the list and changing my "re-start" date to Jan. 4? I am pretty sure that is when I actually fell off the wagon.

Thanks!
Posted By: dfvanden Re: MOYD List - 01/24/06 11:02 AM
Sorry, I never actually wrote an intro of any kind, so in summary, I'm a 38 year old who hadn't played since I was 14 (I got to the start of grade 3 back then). I bought an 1917 upright for $900 on Ebay in November last year and I have missed only 1 day since then. I like the music of Nyman, Glass and Einaudi, but have come to enjoy more traditional things like Beethoven/Schubert (to listen to mainly). I'm working my way through a 1960's Grade 2 book now, and buying books on Ebay like "Sonatinas for Young Pianists" as goals for later this year. It has been harder than I thought to get back into it. Most nights with dinner I drink a wine or beer or two, and I've found that doesn't help with the practise at all.
Posted By: -Frycek Re: MOYD List - 01/25/06 12:47 AM
I get most of my books on ebay too. I got a ton of Liszt in one lot, from the Old Country, all the titles are in German.
Posted By: El_Pianista Re: MOYD List - 01/25/06 01:19 AM
Hi, I've just registered after a couple of weeks reading the forums. Can I still join or is it too late ?
Posted By: Piano_luvr_4Life Re: MOYD List - 01/26/06 01:52 PM
Well, so far so good. I've gone 3 straight days practicing at least SOMETHING. That's a big improvement. Even if I only practice for 10 minutes one day, I think consistencey is the key. wink If you can get in the habit of at least doing SOMETHING on the piano everyday, then I think the easier it will get to practice longer. I practiced for an hour last night, so I'm proud. smile

I think I will try to practice again at least 30 minutes tonight after work before watching The O.C. laugh
Posted By: Ozor Mox Re: MOYD List - 01/26/06 07:52 PM
This is certainly getting me into good practicing habits. I am making sure I get to the piano and practice even on the busy days where I don't feel like I really have the time. Other days I'm spending hours on it! It's a great idea!
Posted By: Arjen Re: MOYD List - 01/30/06 01:34 PM
[sorry, ignore this post. Shouldn't go online when not fully awake.]
Posted By: kfcheung Re: MOYD List - 02/01/06 09:07 AM
hi everyone
im new to this forum, is it too late to join the competition? If not, please let me join

Thanks!!!
Posted By: cat lady Re: MOYD List - 02/03/06 02:48 PM
May I join too? I'm new to the forum, but I have been practicing every day, and this will help keep me motivated when we travel. I agree that we should still practice if we can get to a piano, because practicing on a different piano is good experience in itself.
Posted By: raub Re: MOYD List - 02/15/06 07:20 PM
I'd like to sign up. Been master of my domain since Saturday (Feb. 11). Fell out on Friday (Feb. 10) after about 3 weeks of daily practice. I had a lot going on that day, but somehow fit about 20 minutes of playstation into the mix. whome In my defense, I've noticed (or at least imagined) some weird parallels between trying to play smoothly through a new piece and trying to master a new race track on Gran Turismo 4.
Posted By: jasperkeys Re: MOYD List - 02/16/06 03:50 PM
Hey!! Put my name in, I'm in. If a person happens to be out of town occasionally, I hope this doesn't count but even then if I see a piano around I feel the need to play something. It just feels good.
Posted By: pastafarian Re: MOYD List - 02/16/06 04:55 PM
I'm in, too! Thanx.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MOYD List - 02/21/06 09:52 PM
I'm out. Or rather, I'm starting over.
Posted By: cathys Re: MOYD List - 02/23/06 03:04 AM
Me too; I am so bummed I'd been going strong with a travel exemption being my only time away during last summer and yesterday I ended up being so busy preparing for some guests that came over that I didn't even make it to the piano to play a single piece frown

Count me back in as starting today the 22nd

Cathy
Posted By: s54mo827 Re: MOYD List - 03/02/06 03:02 AM
Count me in....need the push.

BTW: This seems like quite a bit of work for you, Cindy. Very admirable that you take on this task.

Also - does it matter if you're on the chicks or the dudes or neutral? I put myself on the chicks list (for obvious reasons). Then it's all tallied at the end, right?

It should be cool.

Sharon
Posted By: caperflutist Re: MOYD List - 03/04/06 08:51 PM
can I join? Does organ count? I take both piano and organ lessons. i am a professional flutist and am involved in lots of things so I can't/don't practice piano every day, but I practice at least one of organ and piano every day (more piano because I have limited access to the church organ though after practicing organ for 3-4 hours I physically can't practice piano
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 03/05/06 10:42 PM
Sure, organ counts. Heck, it should count double! laugh
Posted By: caperflutist Re: MOYD List - 03/06/06 12:03 AM
or triple as the case may be:)
Posted By: caperflutist Re: MOYD List - 03/06/06 12:21 AM
Ok, a questoin. How strict are the practice every day rules? I will practice a bit tonight but i was singing all morning in church choir and had a huge choral concert (very tiring) wher ewe sang major classical works and I played a flute solo that lasted two hours. If you have non-piano concerts, could that be considered good enough reason?
Posted By: gaboux Re: MOYD List - 03/06/06 01:48 PM
Hi
I was a piano teacher for 10 years. I then took a wrong turn (Lol) and became a nurse. That means I quit practicing 39 years ago. I am now 69 and a retired guy in my town was looking for somebody to do piano 4 hands and 2 pianos, I couldn't resist the call.I bought a Clavinova 10 days ago, started logging my practices and it works so could you please add me to the list, I'll try to keep it up....
Posted By: zoso Re: MOYD List - 03/07/06 11:39 PM
This sounds great, add me to the list. I've practiced every day since I bought my keyboard a little over a week ago and I love it.
Posted By: pg1 Re: MOYD List - 03/17/06 04:21 PM
I have fallen and I can't get up!!!!

Fell off on March 11. Starting over today.
Posted By: Euan Morrison Re: MOYD List - 03/30/06 06:13 AM
I hold my hands up and confess that I didnt hit the bench yesterday. I'm so annoyed!

I was just doing other things and before I knew it, it was 7am and the start of a new day.

Oh well.....

Euan.
Posted By: Kawaigirl1 Re: MOYD List - 04/02/06 03:39 PM
Hmmm....is it too late to join?..if not add me to the list.
Posted By: Naught Re: MOYD List - 04/03/06 11:30 AM
fell off Saturday, got back on Sunday. It could be I'm just not MOYD material.

But hey, it was a beautiful day and I had a great golf round. =)
Posted By: -Frycek Re: MOYD List - 04/04/06 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Naught:
fell off Saturday, got back on Sunday. It could be I'm just not MOYD material.

But hey, it was a beautiful day and I had a great golf round. =)
Hey, you know what they say about falling off a horse don't you? Just get right back on.
Posted By: Ozor Mox Re: MOYD List - 04/04/06 11:52 AM
I've missed a couple of days over the weekend and last week because of university. I have revision, coursework and a job placement to find and my piano practice, along with everything else, is taking a bit of a hit. frown
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 04/04/06 04:05 PM
Ozor Mor, shout out when you're back on top of it all and I'll rotate you to the bottom.

Come on, Don't give up, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ozor Mox Re: MOYD List - 04/06/06 01:08 PM
Cindy, I am ready to be added again now from yesterday or, if you can't do that, today!
Posted By: Margareth Re: MOYD List - 04/18/06 08:25 PM
I have a question - on sunday I had to leave early for church and I only got back home after my child was asleep (at 8 pm) - so, I couldn't play (even though I wanted to really bad ;(). We had a family gathering after church and I didn't know it would take that long. So - am I in or not? If not then just put me to the end of the list but if I'm in then -- that's really awesome!! smile
Posted By: AndreaH Re: MOYD List - 04/20/06 02:11 PM
Cindy,

Easter Sunday did me in. frown Not one note. But that was only one day and I'm BACK! smile Please move me to the bottom rung.
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 04/21/06 01:42 AM
Margareth, that's a close one, but what the heck.

Hearing no objection, I move that Margareth be given a pass. All in favor?
Posted By: Copper Re: MOYD List - 04/21/06 11:46 PM
I think you have to call yourself in or out.
Posted By: Voyager Re: MOYD List - 04/22/06 12:59 PM
Count me in please. This should be quite interesting.

I've done vocal practice every day since starting five years ago, not one missed day even when I've had the odd cold (I can at least do some gentle therapy exercises).

Piano, however has so far proven to be far more difficult to practice steadily for any length of time. I have managed to get to the point where I am practicing about 45 minutes per day and I haven't missed a day in two weeks! (although I do find that somedays I'm not concentrating as well as other days. . . .mmmmm. . . shiny . . . )

Voyager
Posted By: OperaTenor Re: MOYD List - 04/22/06 03:40 PM
Another fairly disciplined singer who's horrid at his piano practice would like to come to the well also, please.

shocked

I even managed to lose my Hanon book....

eek
Posted By: Luna Re: MOYD List - 04/23/06 04:11 AM
Move me to the bottom! I fell out of practice today. I didn't to the piano at all. But...there's always tomorrow!
Posted By: Margareth Re: MOYD List - 04/23/06 02:13 PM
I think that it's better if you put me to the end of the list because I read the rules and cosidering that I wasn't traveling or sick it means I'm out. But I've been back in since then!
smile
Posted By: gaboux Re: MOYD List - 04/26/06 01:33 PM
Well, it happened! eek Fell off on April 21st...Busy, busy, busy life. But it felt great to be back yesterday so you can put me back in starting on April 25th please. smile
Posted By: Par Re: MOYD List - 05/11/06 10:04 PM
Count me in, please!!
Posted By: loveschopintoomuch Re: MOYD List - 05/19/06 05:41 PM
I just noticed this post and would like to join. It's not too late, is it?

Never too late...right,I know.

Kathleen
Posted By: keyboard samurai Re: MOYD List - 05/20/06 01:22 AM
Just found this.

Count me in!
Posted By: Octane Re: MOYD List - 06/14/06 06:05 PM
Never too late to join, right? I've decided that I have to dedicate more time to the piano during the summer, and so I want to remember to do it. SO, can I jump in?
Posted By: Margareth Re: MOYD List - 06/22/06 06:50 PM
I fell of again. I already start to think that MOYD is not for me - I am very very motivated to play but I have a little kid and I was also working today - so as bad as I wanted to play I still couldn't. But I'm happy that things with piano are generally going well for me :0)
So you can put me to the end again wink
Posted By: trainlady Re: MOYD List - 06/26/06 11:59 AM
Can I join too?
Posted By: AndreaH Re: MOYD List - 07/13/06 12:08 PM
I was doing soooooo well, hadn't missed a day of piano since the first of the year....until... Tuesday, July 11th. But got back on July 12th. Summertime is a lot harder to stay indoors!

Andrea

Oooops! I lied! Just read past posts and saw that I did miss Easter Sunday. So, I've fallen for the second time, not the first!
Posted By: AndreaH Re: MOYD List - 07/17/06 05:32 PM
OK. Now I've missed another day! Yesterday, 7/16, no piano. Summer is killing me!
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 08/02/06 02:45 AM
Hey, MOYDers,

I'm going away for a few days. If I don't add you or edit your entry for a while, don't sweat it. I'll catch up when I get back.

Keep up the good practicing!

Cindy -- dead chuffed about her flawless daily practice record since Jan. 1
Posted By: twitch77 Re: MOYD List - 08/09/06 04:26 AM
this is awesome!
i just started, and i desperatly need something to keep me motivated! so glad to have found this!
i'd love to join if you'll have me. smile smile
thnx.

---EDIT---
Cindy, i see you are away, so i'll start practicing daily today and wait for the update!
Posted By: Par Re: MOYD List - 08/10/06 01:28 AM
I fell off the wagon last week. I'd like to re-sign-up!
Posted By: rocky Re: MOYD List - 08/21/06 03:13 PM
Well, I'm out....actually been out for a week or two.....and unfortunately the way things are right now it doesn't look like I will be back in anytime soon.
Posted By: Triryche Re: MOYD List - 08/28/06 07:15 PM
Count me in!!

Just started playing a few months ago.
Posted By: Luna Re: MOYD List - 09/06/06 03:40 AM
I'm out of MOYD for a while. When things calm down, hopefully I can sign up again. smile
Posted By: Octane Re: MOYD List - 09/07/06 12:07 AM
Well, I finally messed up and didn't practice both yesterday and Labor Day. Oh well, I'll try again starting today.
Posted By: kfcheung Re: MOYD List - 10/15/06 05:31 PM
Yes I want in too,

thx
Posted By: Piano&Violin Re: MOYD List - 10/25/06 12:09 PM
Can you add me to the list?
Posted By: Par Re: MOYD List - 10/26/06 06:18 AM
Pleaase sign me up again, I've been very very bad!
Posted By: Les Koltvedt Re: MOYD List - 10/27/06 01:49 PM
Well, last night I fell off...work was hectic, putzed in the basement, on the computer, then watched the Tigers LOSE. Then this morn, I slapped myself on the forehead...omg I didn't even play one bar last night...*to the bottom of the list I go, just to start over* it was a good run my me.
Posted By: Margareth Re: MOYD List - 11/02/06 07:19 PM
I need to be in the end again...
But I love to practise =) I just forgot to touch the piano before I left in the morning and I was away the whole day. I fell of on Sunday, 29th of October but I've been MOYD Faifthful until then again
Posted By: AndreaH Re: MOYD List - 11/08/06 04:54 AM
Sad to say, I just don't touch the piano every day anymore. Might as well take me off the list for good. This doesn't mean I won't try just as hard to play daily!
Posted By: wolfindmist Re: MOYD List - 11/12/06 07:43 PM
BIG CONFESSION HERE:

I fell off the MOYD wagon... I know that maybe I have a good excuse due to illness but I have had days when I could have played the piano but didn't. frown f

I will now try to get back to practicing every day because I don't like being down on the bottom of the MOYD list!
eek
Posted By: Triryche Re: MOYD List - 11/14/06 04:30 PM
fell off the wagon 11-12-06 frown

even though I was ill, I know it is no excuse
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 11/18/06 08:21 PM
Chin up, Triryche! If you're sick, you can miss that day.

It's right there in the rules. So put down the Kleenex and get back on the bench already!
Posted By: -Frycek Re: MOYD List - 11/20/06 12:58 AM
Battered but still in - almost threw it all over Saturday
Posted By: Poof Re: MOYD List - 12/05/06 02:59 AM
I hope I'm not on the list anymore. frown Sorry to say that I simply don't deserve it. I've just missed too many days. Way, way too much going on. Anyway, I may try MOYD again next year...in the meantime, I'll still keep trying to practice as much as I can! smile
Posted By: teachum Re: MOYD List - 12/22/06 04:23 PM
Still in.
Posted By: SusieQ Re: MOYD List - 12/31/06 09:52 PM
Has the list started for 2007, yet?
Posted By: Frank R Re: MOYD List - 01/01/07 12:06 AM
Just finished todays practice. Yea!!! 365 no days missed.

Starts all over tomorrow.
Posted By: stephenc Re: MOYD List - 01/01/07 01:16 AM
count me in for 2007!
Posted By: Reader Re: MOYD List - 01/01/07 06:06 AM
I begin tomorrow with optimism.
Posted By: LiszThalberg Re: MOYD List - 01/01/07 03:43 PM
I'm up for it!
Count me in!

Matt
Posted By: Naught Re: MOYD List - 01/01/07 04:07 PM
I'm in and determined.
Posted By: DragonPianoPlayer Re: MOYD List - 01/02/07 03:51 AM
I'm in for 2007 and off to a very good start. I managed to get at least 3 hours of practice time in over the entire day. WooHoo.

Rich
Posted By: OrdinaryGirl Re: MOYD List - 01/02/07 05:07 AM
I'm in, although feeling guilty about it. Would the "away from home" exemption apply for this - Every third to fouth night for most of the year I'm stuck in the hospital on call with no piano for 24-30 hours straight. So, an average of one day a week I don't/can't practice. So my "perfect" would never the the 365 most of you do. Can I still participate, or is that too big of an exemption?
Posted By: Cindysphinx Re: MOYD List - 01/02/07 08:09 PM
I say if you are away from home curled up in one of those teensy hospital on-call rooms, you deserve all the exemptions you can get!

Seriously, if you're without a piano for any reason, that's a legit exemption, IMHO.

Say, uh.

Do all the medical personnel use those on-call rooms to have sex like they do on Gray's Anatomy?

No?

OK, that's good to know. smile
Posted By: hobo57 Re: MOYD List - 01/02/07 09:20 PM
I'm in! One day at a time, I plan to devote time to learning the piano. I now have my new P-140 Yamaha, a teacher (9 lessons so far), motivation, and a great Internet community! Thanks...
Posted By: OrdinaryGirl Re: MOYD List - 01/03/07 05:24 AM
Unfortunately I rarely even get to curl up on my teensy bed in my teensy on-call room. Busy place.

And, at least in my limited experience, we don't have many Dr. McDreamy types wink More like scrubs than er or Gray's Anatomy.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums