Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Waza What to choose next - 11/01/07 03:04 PM
Hi All,

just need a little help i've finished robert shumann a little study from the book album for the young and now i need a another piece to play and was wondering what suggestion everyone had in mind.

At the mo i'm also doing fur elise.
Posted By: HouseHead78 Re: What to choose next - 11/01/07 03:32 PM
Have you played any of the Bach or Mozart Minuets or Little Preludes? Those would be a good place to start after this, I think.
Posted By: signa Re: What to choose next - 11/01/07 03:38 PM
also, CPE Bach's Solfeggietto is always a good technical piece and good music as well.
Posted By: Donna R. Re: What to choose next - 11/01/07 03:42 PM
If you'd like to try something a little different, how about Satie's Gymnopedie # 1?
Posted By: LaValse Re: What to choose next - 11/01/07 03:43 PM
Do you like Mozart? - K5 is a fun one-page piece which can be learned relatively quickly - a few of us here have been set it by our teachers...

www.sailwave.com/stuff/k0005.pdf
www.sailwave.com/music/k5b.mp3
Posted By: Waza Re: What to choose next - 11/02/07 11:44 AM
thanks all i'll have a look into them and let you know which 1 i decide, i like anything really as long as its not too heavy on your ears so to speak.
Posted By: Waza Re: What to choose next - 11/02/07 11:51 AM
mozart k5 third movement is too easy sorry could probably play that by ear, i'm pretty good with it i'll have a look at the preludes.

oh this i do love Satie's Gymnopedie # 1 its funny as i was just playing about the other day and i managed to come up with the first few bars of that strange must bea sign.
Posted By: kokomo61 Re: What to choose next - 11/05/07 07:24 PM
Originally posted by signa:
also, CPE Bach's Solfeggietto is always a good technical piece and good music as well.
Yes, but it's HARD. (at least for me). I do pretty well except for the figures in measures 5 and 6. That's what's keeping me from getting any faster....
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums