Piano World Home Page
This guy has a left handed piano where the keys go from high to low.

The thing that I find astounding is the fact that he can also play a standard piano.

How the human brain can do both is beyond me.

I found his test for finding your dominant eye interesting. I am most definitely right-eyed.
Whats the purpose of that? Just for fun?
Just out of curiosity, is there a left-handed piano for left-handed people that can be used for performance?
The Jimi Hendrix of the piano smile. Does he play "Purple Haze"?
Originally Posted by Sebs
Whats the purpose of that? Just for fun?

Who knows.

It has got me thinking though.

I wonder if a great pianist could sit down at that piano and play something. I wonder if their connection with the piano is so great that they can play in reverse with little difficulty.
The left-handed piano was built for Chris Steele, who is a left-hand predominant pianist that believes his left side is more agile.

https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/instruments/piano/lefthand-piano-christopher-seed/
Being left handed I now know I can blame my right handed piano for my faiure. 🤣
Deleted
Originally Posted by treefrog

.sdrawkcab gnidaer ekil s'tI
.ti gniyalp enigami ot gniyrt retfa ,struh niarb yM

.tiart egnarts ylno s'ti t'nsi ssendednah-tfel stI
on si ereht dna ,gnurts-thgiarts osla s'tI
deddebme era snip hctih ehT .prah latem
ni ti peek yeht woh enigami t'naC .mir eht otni
tsrif eht ni enut otni ti llup neve ro - enut
eb tsum ereht snoitcaretni eht fo lla htiw ecalp
.sgnirts eht neewteb

sonaip latigid yna era ereht fi rednow I
?noitpo draobyek-desrever a reffo hcihw
Originally Posted by MarianneØ
[...]

!ti tbuod I

,sdrageR
Interesting video thanks.

I wonder... does he have left-handed music as well with the bass and treble reversed and the notes upside down!?
Originally Posted by leemeadowcroft
Interesting video thanks.

I wonder... does he have left-handed music as well with the bass and treble reversed and the notes upside down!?

The music is normal. I was looking at it carefully, because one way to make a left-handed piano appear in a video, is simply to use a normal piano and reverse the video horizontal axis (mirror-image).

Victor Borge is the only one I've seen play upside-down music. Of course in that case, he was also playing in reverse time order.
I play trumpet (right hand fingering) and French horn (left hand fingering). Oddly enough, it didn't seem to take any special training or practice. Of course, three fingers playing one note at a time is a whole different ballgame than playing piano. I'm left-handed, and when I sit down at a piano to work something out like my voice part, I always use my left hand. Since I've only been trying to learn piano for a few weeks, perhaps that will change.
The person coughing from about 7:20 until the end of the video, today would have caused general panic in the hall.
Maybe the video is just flipped let to right... grin
Originally Posted by MarianneØ
Originally Posted by treefrog

.sdrawkcab gnidaer ekil s'tI
.ti gniyalp enigami ot gniyrt retfa ,struh niarb yM

.tiart egnarts ylno s'ti t'nsi ssendednah-tfel stI
on si ereht dna ,gnurts-thgiarts osla s'tI
deddebme era snip hctih ehT .prah latem
ni ti peek yeht woh enigami t'naC .mir eht otni
tsrif eht ni enut otni ti llup neve ro - enut
eb tsum ereht snoitcaretni eht fo lla htiw ecalp
.sgnirts eht neewteb

That would certainly be a more sensible option for any left-handers wishing to try this out.

It probably wouldn’t take much effort to re-wire and then they can easily put it back to how it was when they realise that it’s a bad idea and that they just need to get better with their right hand.
I see the odd video placed on Facebook where the person playing has used the wrong lens on their phone thereby making it appear as though the instrument is playing right to left .... just sayin' smile
Originally Posted by Killomiter
I see the odd video placed on Facebook where the person playing has used the wrong lens on their phone thereby making it appear as though the instrument is playing right to left .... just sayin' smile

That is not the case here, unless you believe Classic FM has been scammed
Just sayin
Unless I am mistaken, I believe this instrument was owned by Captain Wrongway Peachfuzz
Interestingly...

They have left-handed guitars, however with a normal guitar it is the left-hand that is required to have the better dexterity, the one that holds down the notes. I can't imagine playing a left-handed guitar where I would have to hold the notes with my supposedly dominant right hand.

It is surely a matter of familiarity, and the pianist in the video is just eccentric?
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums