Piano World Home Page
Posted By: ebonykawai Knight Rupert is now my darkest nightmare - 03/31/20 10:30 PM
So I started Chopin's waltz in A minor just because I hadn't played it yet. It's very nice, but eventually I had to go back to this Schumann.

I'm on measure 37.

Why did I want to play this piece???? 😂😂😂😂😂
nice to hear your back on the saddle smirk
Posted By: KevinM Re: Knight Rupert is now my darkest nightmare - 03/31/20 10:47 PM
I am finding that Chopin waltz interestingly awkward to play.

You have me intrigued with Knight Rupert, which I hadn’t heard of until recently.
Originally Posted by earlofmar
nice to hear your back on the saddle smirk

*dying* 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yes, with lance in hand!!!!
Originally Posted by KevinM
I am finding that Chopin waltz interestingly awkward to play.

You have me intrigued with Knight Rupert, which I hadn’t heard of until recently.

I've been playing a lot of Chopin lately and I think I'm so used to him, this other crazy stuff is throwing me off, LOL. Don't get too intrigued, I'm giving you fair warning! 😂😂😂
It is a good piece to exercise your fingers .... if you follow the logic of the harmonic sequence, it makes it a little easier. And since you enjoy it so much, you could try also the Moszkowski opus 91, etude 1. Excellent for the fingers too ...
Originally Posted by Sidokar
It is a good piece to exercise your fingers .... if you follow the logic of the harmonic sequence, it makes it a little easier. And since you enjoy it so much, you could try also the Moszkowski opus 91, etude 1. Excellent for the fingers too ...

It is actually quite logical to follow, very true! I'll tackle measure 37 today, that seems to be the worst of it! Never heard of the Moszkowski, must look for it. 😊👍
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums