Piano World Home Page

Piano related websites

Posted By: WeakLeftHand

Piano related websites - 05/27/19 05:03 AM

Hi all! I am a member here, and also know of a Piano Street’s forum. Are there other piano-related forums or websites with useful resources for a beginner or pianist? Thanks!
Posted By: earlofmar

Re: Piano related websites - 05/27/19 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
Are there other piano-related forums or websites with useful resources for a beginner or pianist? Thanks!

this was my favourite website a while back when trying to fathom basic theory. I have always liked the professional presentation, and the way he keeps what can be a fairly dry subject, easy to understand.
Posted By: Animisha

Re: Piano related websites - 05/27/19 08:16 AM

This is a friendly (but not so exciting) site with lots of free pieces for beginners, and with music theory - there is a link in the list to the right.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop

Re: Piano related websites - 05/27/19 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
Hi all! I am a member here, and also know of a Piano Street’s forum. Are there other piano-related forums or websites with useful resources for a beginner or pianist? Thanks!

There's always Reddit's r/piano subreddit. With a total of 100,000 subscribers, Reddit's r/piano has almost an order of magnitude more active members than on ABF, so sometimes you can get lost in the noise. For example, when ABF did a survey at the end of last year, 132 responded. When Reddit's r/piano did a survey earlier this year, 917 members responded. Certainly there are more low quality posts on r/piano than ABF, unless you think the more posts of the Game of Thrones theme piano cover, the merrier! wink
Posted By: WeakLeftHand

Re: Piano related websites - 05/27/19 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone! I will check all of them out. The more resources, the better!
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums