Piano World Home Page

Butt Flange Plate Inserter....

Posted By: Duaner

Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 10:31 AM

Do any of you use the plate inserter tool on the butt flange of some of the older model uprights. This little brass plate is hard to install at the best of times and is often broken and I run into this quit a bit. There is a tool called a Butt Plate Flange Inserter I see it advertised in various supply stores. No pic sorry but I'm sure you know what I mean.

My question is if I purchased one will it actually make installing these little monster-plates any easier or is it just another shining tool that is never used?
Posted By: cmb13

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 10:40 AM

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I would post this in the Piano Forum rather than ABF.
Posted By: Sam S

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 11:24 AM

You need the piano technician forum. Of course, whenever I have a problem with my butt flange, then I use an ACME brand Butt Plate Flange Inserter Plus+++ tool - no other will do the job...

Sam
Posted By: cmb13

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 11:43 AM

Hey Sam... this is a family forum, please keep your fettishes to yourself wink.
Posted By: Chrispy

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 05:43 PM

I think I need to order a Butt Plate Flange Inserter just so I can have the box sitting on my desk as a conversation piece.
Posted By: Moo :)

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 08:43 PM

Hahaha, this is hilarious !

Originally Posted by Duaner
There is a tool called a Butt Plate Flange Inserter I see it advertised in various supply stores. No pic sorry but I'm sure you know what I mean.

We have NO idea what you mean. We can only imagine. But whatever it is, I think the ACME plus plus plus butt flange plate inserter may do the job - it does for Sam.?!

smile
Posted By: malkin

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 08:59 PM

Good to know there's a tool for the job.
Posted By: earlofmar

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 09:29 PM

reminds me of my apprenticeship days when I was sent to the store for a box of male and female nipples, which despite my protests turned out to be real things. Before that I had been sent to the store for a long stand and the storeman just said ''wait over there''.
Posted By: Sam S

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 09:52 PM

Amazon sells them. Amazon sells everything. Someday they will own the world...

AMS Piano Butt Plate Inserter

Sam
Posted By: Moo :)

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 09:57 PM

Hahaha... What is THAT ?!

smile
Posted By: Stubbie

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 10:10 PM

I would have bet good money this thread was going to head in a certain direction (where the sun is in supply) in short order. laugh I double-checked the date on the OP to see if was April 1.
Posted By: TomInCinci

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/10/19 10:42 PM

I have a Butt Gauge in my carpenter tools. I haven't used it in years but many jokes were made about it 40 years ago...
Posted By: ClsscLib

Re: Butt Flange Plate Inserter.... - 05/11/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chrispy
I think I need to order a Butt Plate Flange Inserter just so I can have the box sitting on my desk as a conversation piece.

This is the point at which I completely lost it.
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums