Piano World Home Page
Posted By: mrshaund App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 05:06 PM
Hello,

Not sure if there is anything but was curious if there is such an app that helps with reading notes on iPhone? I would like to improve my reading. Trying to find something I can study on breaks at work and what not.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 05:11 PM
I use this.
Posted By: Chrispy Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 06:27 PM
My son turned me on to Staff Wars

Though Tyrone's suggestion of Tenuto is excellent, Staff Wars is a lot more fun laugh
Posted By: tangleweeds Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 07:20 PM
Is your phone Android or iOS? Or do you want something online?
Posted By: Pianist@Heart Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 09:17 PM
Hi,

I use the following apps on my iphone:

Notes- Sight Reading Trainer

Music Tutor

Musicnotes Decks

Hope this helps. I am also trying to improve my reading of notes.
Posted By: mrshaund Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by squidbot
My son turned me on to Staff Wars

Though Tyrone's suggestion of Tenuto is excellent, Staff Wars is a lot more fun laugh

Thank you just grabbed that, I am a huge star wars fan so its perfect lol
Posted By: tangleweeds Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/24/19 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by tangleweeds
Is your phone Android or iOS? Or do you want something online?

Doh! Just re-read the OP more carefully. I’m also on iOS, where I am very impressed with my app Note Trainer Pro, which also has a free Lite version. It’s not gamefied at all, but that doesn’t bother me; YMMV. It does not only notes, but chords too, and you can answer via USB MIDI as well as the standard on-screen keyboard. I got it bundled with an equally comprehensive ear training app.
Posted By: spartan928 Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/25/19 02:19 AM
I like Notes Trainer a lot. You can pick separate staffs or grand staff and the range of notes. No ads or nonsense and the times helps you gauge progress. Only drawback to me is if you use grand staff and a wide range of notes you are scrolling the keyboard at the bottom a lot which is a pain, but again that's the point I guess. It does label each C note level to help scrolling along the keyboard.
Posted By: Pianoperformance Re: App to help with Piano Notes - 01/26/19 01:24 AM
My teacher recommends: just pick up any sheet music and just play, no rhythms or d/ynamics, timing. Don’t use that score again. I try to do this 3x a week for 20 mins. I noticed I am more confident.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums