Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous New around here - 12/20/08 09:36 AM
Hello everyone...I've just registered and am curious as to what this is all about. I'm a retired concert technician. Besides Baldwin going slowly down the drain and Steinway leasing its name for stereo systems and other goodies, what else is new these days?
Posted By: Silverwood Pianos Re: New around here - 12/20/08 01:59 PM
Hey E.F.

Welcome to the tech forum. What is this all about? I have been here since March and I have no idea either, I think we are talking about pianos, or how to go about fixing them. Well most of the time anyways……..

What’s new?? I heard through the grapevine that Steinway parts are being made in China and routed through somewhere else before America….true or not true?? I don’t know…. Maybe just a fairy tale….

Now I am not sure about this for you because you are retired, but I think if you were involved in the trade you have to have something in your signature line……… not sure on that one, you would have to read the rules somewhere…. Maybe someone else will help on that one…

www.silverwoodpianos.com
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New around here - 12/20/08 07:23 PM
That rumor about Chinese Steinway parts sounds plausible but I wouldn't really know. Isn't just about everything made there now, anyway? Can't beat those slave-labor wages. As fas as my "signature"...I have no idea at all what you're on about. Maybe someone can help with this?
Posted By: Silverwood Pianos Re: New around here - 12/20/08 08:10 PM
Has something to do with being in the trade I think... I never came across that part of the forum requirements either, but I have seen others comment about that fact when newcomers chime in.

As a matter of fact it looks like you fixed it there yourself.....

www.silverwoodpianos.com
Posted By: rysowers Re: New around here - 12/20/08 08:39 PM
I'm very skeptical that Steinway parts are coming out of China. I think before spreading rumors like this it would be important to really know. Participating in the "grape vine" is notoriously inaccurate and is a disservice to those seeking good information and to your own reputation. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New around here - 12/21/08 12:30 PM
did I fix that signature thing?
Posted By: David Jenson Re: New around here - 12/21/08 12:41 PM
"did I fix that signature thing?" E.F.Kolakowski

Yep! Looks good. Are you affiliated with the Piano Technicians Guild?

'Just a silly curiosity on my part, but what is someone with a Polish name doing in Spain?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New around here - 12/21/08 01:15 PM
I have (and never will have) any affiliation with any organization. To paraphrase Groucho, I wouldn't belong to anything that would have me as a member. Oh yeah, I live in Spain because I like it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New around here - 12/21/08 01:17 PM
sorry, that should read "I don't have any affiliation...."
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums