Piano World Home Page

One Star Google Review Remedy

Posted By: That Guy

One Star Google Review Remedy - 04/27/19 11:34 PM

So, I got the dreaded one star review on Google. I have six reviews on Google and all of them are 5 stars, so this one star review really drags me down. I didn't recognize the name (not in my records) and there was nothing written, just the one star. I was suspicious... I found this helpful website and I got the review removed: https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/fixing-bad-google-reviews

Whew!
Posted By: David Boyce

Re: One Star Google Review Remedy - 04/28/19 12:04 AM

Thank you for posting that link, Scott. Potentially very useful. There are 'trolls' out there who just delight in stirring things up, and it's valuable to know what stapes can be taken if one is the victim of a fraudulent and defamatory review.
Posted By: Chris Leslie

Re: One Star Google Review Remedy - 04/28/19 06:29 AM

There is an option in your page to edit the business information. I recently had a reviewer add a photo of themselves on my page after posting a 5 star. I tried the edit option to remove that photo. It took about two weeks for the change to be assessed and implemented and during that time all further changes were inhibited. The time taken was crazy, and I am not sure if it will delete a one-star review, but it did happen successfully.
Posted By: Blues beater

Re: One Star Google Review Remedy - 04/28/19 02:53 PM

I own an automotive repair business. We get overwhelmingly 5 star reviews. Occasionally we get seriously off-the-wall one star reviews. Sometimes it is obvious the person has never even been to our shop. One reviewer accused us dealing heroin!

I respond calm and matter of fact. Sometimes requesting more information because I can not find such a name in the customer database or scheduling software.

I strongly believe that these occasional aberrations make the five start reviews more credible. I have discussed this with customers who agree.

Don
Posted By: Blues beater

Re: One Star Google Review Remedy - 04/28/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by That Guy
So, I got the dreaded one star review on Google. I have six reviews on Google and all of them are 5 stars, so this one star review really drags me down. I didn't recognize the name (not in my records) and there was nothing written, just the one star. I was suspicious... I found this helpful website and I got the review removed: https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/fixing-bad-google-reviews

Whew!
You can reply: "I am sorry you were disappointed with your tuning and hope you would offer me a chance to make any necessary corrections. However I have searched extensively and can't find any records matching your name. Please help me identify you so I can respond to your disappointment." You will never hear back and anybody with an ounce of sense who reads the review and your reply will know the one star is total BS.

Don
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums