Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Beemer re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/03/17 08:10 AM
Is it possible using TuneLab to re-record inharmonicity or add a new note without starting a new file?

Ian
Posted By: RonTuner Re: re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/03/17 09:46 PM
Yes - I'm pretty sure. Is yours on a computer or ios device? I believe you can just remeasure any note that you've measured before and then decide to average the results or throw out the old reading. You can always go to the screen that displays the iH constants and delete an entry.

Maybe someone that uses the program all the time can chime in...

Ron Koval
From the help file :

If several inharmonicity readings are made for the same note, those readings automatically will be averaged and the inharmonicity constant will be the result of that average. You can use this feature by making repeated measurements in order to get a more reliable result. If you press Save,+ instead of Save then the results are saved and another reading of the same note is automatically started. If you press Discard then the results are discarded and again another reading is started automatically. If you want to discard the results and stop all inharmonicity measurements, then press Discard and then press ESC to cancel the next measurement.
Posted By: Beemer Re: re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/04/17 10:21 AM
It is the process to "re-record a note or to add a note of an existing file" that is the subject of my post. I am aware of entering manual data and of the optional averaging.

Ian
Posted By: tirta Re: re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/04/17 11:28 AM
Choose setting > edit measure sequence
Put that note you want to add there.

Then press the record button for adding the inharmonicity measurement, then play the note and record it.

That is what I do on my android device to add notes.
Editing the Measure Sequence will only affect what happens the next time you start a new tuning. The best way to re-measure one note without discarding all the other ones is to first delete the one measurement that you wish to replace (in "Edit Inharmonicity Constants"). Then select that note and hit the measure button and measure it again. If you have already saved the tuning file, you will get a pop-up warning asking you if you really mean to add another inharmonicity reading to the current tuning. Just answer "yes" and proceed with the measurement. You now have a tuning with that one reading "re-measured."
Posted By: Bob Re: re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/04/17 09:34 PM
Robert has the correct advice - after all, it's his software. Robert, I like the new update - it comes closer to matching my ear than previous versions.
Posted By: Beemer Re: re-recording inharmonicity with TuneLab - 11/05/17 09:19 AM
Robert,

Many thanks for your reply and giving me the answer to my question.

Ian
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums