Piano World Home Page
My Charles Walter has developed a pedal squeak. The connection is made of wood. The friction causes the wooden rod to vibrate, thus the not-so-high-pitched squeak. After I rotate it, the squeak goes away, but comes back again after playing a while.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't think we can use oil-based grease, as that would just soak into the wood, correct? I thought about teflon or talc, or is there perhaps something else that I don't know about that would fix this?
I doubt that is the cause of the squeak. That gray on the pedal rod is a graphite lubricant, so it is already lubricated. It could be where the rod hits the damper lifter bar. It could be that the action is moving slightly when the pedal is depressed.
Originally Posted by TheVibeRAIDER
I don't think we can use oil-based grease, as that would just soak into the wood, correct? I thought about teflon or talc, or is there perhaps something else that I don't know about that would fix this?

TheVibeRAIDER, when you did a rotate wood rod and a squeak temporarily stopped, I advise you to rub it's use fine-grain sandpaper place where wood rod have a touch with felt ring. Then again put a small layer of graphite or silicone
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums