Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Candywoman Candyman is actually Canada woman. - 04/03/05 03:41 AM
When I joined this site, I thought I'd try this identity to see if my advice was more respected under a male pen name than a female one.

I'm happy to report, it's made no difference!

So Princessclara and Crankywoman, could you tell?

Anybody else?
erm, no...didn't think it would actually make a difference, but I am glad to be informed.
Posted By: cranky woman Re: Candyman is actually Canada woman. - 04/07/05 11:02 AM
I had no idea!! And I don't think it matters what your gender is.

I've found great posts by women as well as men and an equal amount of lame posts by both genders!

I'm also a very trusting person and usually believe what people tell me. This is a good reminder that not everything is what it seems.

You got me!
Posted By: Shalanna Re: Candyman is actually Canada woman. - 04/09/05 08:04 AM
And here I was, visualizing you as a sort of Sammy Davis, Jr. (because of his famous version of the song from the musical "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory")

Wish you were in Dallas, though. I need to find a piano teacher. The last one did not really like me. I don't know why . . . but I could just tell, y'know, that we weren't clicking. I started on a provisional basis with her in January of last year, and I kept saying that I wanted to attend the recital and would sit quietly in the back and just listen 'cause I love the music, but she never told me when it would be or where, and then in the first week of May I tried to pay for another month and she said she was taking the summer off . . . that she'd see what her fall schedule looked like . . . that I could always call her if I wanted to bring her a piece for an hour or so. I asked brightly about the recital, saying I would still like to come. She said, "Oh . . . it was last Sunday. I guess I just forgot you!" Now, I know that in person I am very forgettable (as opposed to online, where I am irrepressible and somewhat popular with the proper audience) and that plump women nearing forty are quite invisible, but that really hurt my feelings. So my checkbook and I are out here once again thinking that I should really interview a few people to be sure I'd be compatible. Ah, well!
Hi Shalanna,

Check out The Dallas School of Music....they have a nice adult program, and twice a year, they have a adult student performance program called Musicking, every adult students are invited to either performe, or just listen.

Their website is www.dsminfo.com

regards
Posted By: Shalanna Re: Candyman is actually Canada woman. - 04/09/05 06:37 PM
Okay, will take a look. Thanks!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums