Piano World Home Page
I have read this section many times but still couldn't make up that word on the second line, immediately after "rhythmic".

[Linked Image]

Any teachers willing to give it a try ?

unease?
Originally Posted by ten left thumbs
unease?

Possible...and it makes sense too.

btw, what does "a well-poised final note" mean ? That the last note was struck hard ?
How about posting this in some sort of Pharmacist forum? Aren't they notorious for reading illegible handwriting?
I'm still stuck on the first line. This had some security and moor? intonation was safe?...
Originally Posted by Lollipop
I'm still stuck on the first line. This had some security and moor? intonation was safe?...

your intonation

quote - btw, what does "a well-poised final note" mean ?

possibly a hesitation before 'the end'?
It means that the final note was well-poised.

Like having a well-appointed apartment. smile
Originally Posted by ten left thumbs
unease?

I agree.
no no no, it's MOON intonation. You know, probably a reference to moonlight sonata.

And the word after unease is CLANG! They are saying you were clanging too much. =)

'well poised' probably means they probably weren't really paying attention and just remember the last thing they heard, which is the final note so they wanted to say something nice.
Most intonation
It's like reading a doctors note isn't it? After years of deciphering examiner chicken scratch (expensive chicken scratch!) I'd definitely say the sentence is "but there was some rhythmic unease along the way and more imaginative shading could have been incorporated."

Rcm has finally started using laptops in exams now....makes life easier!
Thanks, all. The consensus is "unease" and it does make sense in context.
I have a few more words that need to be deciphered.

B3:
"There was scope for more musical ______ to add further interest."

C1:
"Your tempo was well maintained. Some ____ ______ ?

Please help, thanks.

[Linked Image]
"Unease" is certainly right, and I agree with Minniemay about:

Originally Posted by Minniemay
Most intonation

(at first I had thought it was "your," but most does seem right)

The only thing I can't get is something that I guess you didn't have a problem with: What the heck is the 1st word on the 2nd line? ("....intonation was ???)

I agree that this person should go to medical school. ha

P.S. Looks like it was a pretty good performance. smile
About that second batch:

Originally Posted by Cashley
B3:
"There was scope for more musical ______ to add further interest."

detail

C1:
"Your tempo was well maintained. Some ____ ______ ?

The first mystery word is (again!) "unease." The next word, I think, might be a word that he/she made up. ha
Something like "latterly." grin
(BTW, that really is a word, but I don't think I've ever seen it before.)

P.S. Now it's our turn to write comments for the examiner!

I'll start: "Your penmanship is terrible and extremely inconsiderate. You need to do something about that immediately, or else people will keep pulling their hair out and cursing you over your handwriting for the rest of your life, which they've been doing whether you know it or not." smile
Originally Posted by Mark_C
"Unease" is certainly right, and I agree with Minniemay about:

Originally Posted by Minniemay
Most intonation

(at first I had thought it was "your," but most does seem right)

The only thing I can't get is something that I guess you didn't have a problem with: What the heck is the 1st word on the 2nd line? ("....intonation was ???)

I agree that this person should go to medical school. ha

P.S. Looks like it was a pretty good performance. smile

The word is 'safe'.
Originally Posted by Mark_C

P.S. Now it's our turn to write comments for the examiner!

I'll start: "Your penmanship is terrible and extremely inconsiderate. You need to do something about that immediately, or else people will keep pulling their hair out and cursing you over your handwriting for the rest of your life, which they've been doing whether you know it or not." smile

You're funny !
Originally Posted by MomOfBeginners
How about posting this in some sort of Pharmacist forum? Aren't they notorious for reading illegible handwriting?

this made me laugh out loud and deserves repeating.

I don't see the problem, it distinctly says 'aneade'. !
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums