Piano World Home Page
Of all forums I am a part of this one has got to have the shortest amount of time to edit posts. This is quite problematic when we discover mistakes in what we have written later on but have no ability to correct it thus what we write can become confusing and we have to write another post to correct it or just leave it as it is (which is more often the case). Maybe there is fear that some people are rude and then edit their post later on so no one can see, perhaps keep an edit history that people can read also? If this is the reason for why the edit time is so short it seems unfair to legitimate posters who would like to correct their work later on down the track but have no ability to. I think increasing the edit time would allow more posts to be written without errors thus the entire forum would benefit from clearer responses.
Posted By: Animisha Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 05/21/19 07:26 AM
I fully support this request!
Originally Posted by Animisha
I fully support this request!

I agree too, if the edit history is visible.
Do admin or mods give feedback on this forum? I've had a look through a number of posts here and not seen any official response. Would be good to know if our suggestions are being noticed.
Posted By: Donomondo Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 05/17/20 12:38 AM
I’m trying to correct a post I made less than an hour ago and the edit option is gone. This seems very counterproductive to have such a short duration.
Posted By: Randyman Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 06/26/20 07:33 AM
I agree, the edit window is way too short. How long is it anyway?
Posted By: Mickey_ Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 07/07/20 04:21 AM
I think it's ten minutes. At least, that's what I've just experienced myself. And I agree with you all that this is too short.
Posted By: Oscarson Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 09/17/20 03:27 PM
it was a funny case.
right after ive submitted a message and thought that its better to edit it forum showed me that its too late grin
Yeah it would be a nice one feature with time increasing.
Posted By: Mickey_ Re: Please increase time for editing posts - 10/17/20 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lostinidlewonder
Do admin or mods give feedback on this forum? I've had a look through a number of posts here and not seen any official response. Would be good to know if our suggestions are being noticed.

Yep, would be good. Otherwise, this subforum doesn't make much sense, does it? I reported my own post from July yesterday, not to have it deleted (or have me banned :-)), but to ask exactly that – and, of course, to bring this thread to the moderators's attention.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums