Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Jeffo C.B. Fisk Open Shop Saturday June 4th 2005 - 05/30/05 07:06 PM
Saw this advertised the other day and thought maybe this would interest some of you.

Info on tour

C.B. Fisk Home Page
Posted By: RickG Re: C.B. Fisk Open Shop Saturday June 4th 2005 - 05/31/05 05:05 PM
Posted By: RickG Re: C.B. Fisk Open Shop Saturday June 4th 2005 - 05/31/05 05:08 PM
C.B. Fisk is one if not the best organ builders in the country. They have installed organs in the Meyerson in Dallas, Benaroya in Seattle ( both of which I have heard) and will have an instrument in the new Segerstrom Hall in Orange County, CA. They also have organs in very impressive churches and universities. They also were selected to build an organ in Germany ( ?) which was a "insult" to the European builders. Their organs are VERY expensive but are "First Tier " pipe organs.
I have been there as part of a class field trip when I was in piano tech school. It is an awesome place and amazing to see how a pipe organ is made. The little models they have are exact to scale. When an organ is made it is completely assembled and tested in the factory then it is knocked down and shipped to its final location and re-assembled. If you like pipe organs this is a do not miss tour....
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums