Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Samejame Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/03/03 02:27 PM
I have to travel to Vancouver end of the month, and would like to know if anyone's interested in doing something then. I plan to visit Surrey, as better half is coming with me and has some business there, so I do plan on dropping in on Norbert as well as another Piano Tech who has a shop there. (Pat Vehrinjakk)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, post a reply. As I live so far away from everyone, I would be really cool to be able to meet at least some of you guys personally.

Tkx,
Jamie
Posted By: jodi Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/05/03 03:35 AM
Depending on when, we could make the drive. Surrey isn't very far from here.

smile Jodi
Posted By: Samejame Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/05/03 04:42 PM
Jodi,

Hey, cool thumb ! I had forgotten that you're close to the border. My travel days are the 22nd, and October 1st. In between those dates, the most likely time for some "free" time would be Sat 28th or Sunday 29th. I haven't seen the outline yet for the course I'm attending, but I'm assuming right now those dates are free.

You know more about Vancouver than I do laugh , as I've only ever been at the airport passing thru. Depending on the interest generated by anyone else in the area, maybe Norbert could be brought onside, and meet there.

Jamie
Posted By: kssmusic Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/06/03 10:14 PM
Has anyone drawn Norbert's attention to this thread? His absence is almost eerie... confused We could all converge on his showroom unannounced - he has good treats smile

I'll try to make the trip, but will depend on work and a *very* pregnant wife who may not be willing to be left at home alone with our toddler.

How many more forumites from this area are lurking out there?
Posted By: Samejame Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/07/03 12:18 AM
Tkx for the heads up - I e-mailed Norbert tonight. So maybe we'll hear from him here soon.

Jamie
Posted By: Vid Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/07/03 02:16 AM
You can count me in as long as its on a weekend as I have classes during the week. I will try to check the forum more regularly and see what develops.

David
Posted By: jodi Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/27/03 02:07 AM
Ack, I forgot about this. That, and the fact that my bad back hasn't let me sit in the car any longer than about 15 minutes means I won't be able to make it this time frown

Sorry guys.

smile Jodi
Posted By: Jamie Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/27/03 04:07 PM
S'okay Jodi. I'm in Vancouver now, but the course has been keeping me very busy, so planning anything would've been difficult anyway. I still plan to drop in on Norbert (probably later today). So it's not a total loss. Thanks for thinking of this.

Jamie
Posted By: jodi Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/28/03 01:44 AM
Say hi to Norbert for me. smile

Jodi
Posted By: Jamie Re: Vancouver end of Sept. - 09/29/03 11:41 PM
Met an incredibly nice man on Saturday in Vancouver, who...happens to sell pianos, is an active member of this forum, has beautiful pianos and really nice coffee and German cakes! Thanx Norbert for your hospitality and insight...it was a pleasure meeting you.
I'll write a bit more about my visit when I get back home on Thursday.

Jamie
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums