Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Brendan Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/12/08 05:02 AM
<font size="+30" color = "red">THERE IS NOW:

[Linked Image]

DR. KINSELLA</font>

(My teacher and I, taken yesterday at my DMA graduation)
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!

Can I assume that's your piano teacher?

~Valerie
Congratulations, Dr. Kinsella!
Congratulations, Dr. Kinsella! Now, about this pain in my shoulder ....

All the best!
Originally posted by BruceD:
Now, about this pain in my shoulder ....
Play 3 Heller Etudes and 2 Chopin nocturnes 3x daily, and a Beethoven Sonata every night before you go to bed.

Quickly taper off the Etudes after 1 week, at the rate of 1 every 3 days, because the side effects can be hazardous to your health.
Congratulations! Nice picture and great smile showing pride in accomplishment! smile

Ralph
Congratulations.
thumb
Congratulations!!!!! smile thumb
That's WONDERFUL!

Congrats. smile smile smile
are you gonna up your rates?

congratulations my friend!
..Doctor My Eyes.. smile
Congratulations, Breandan! Dr. Kinsella! Now, that sounds really good! Congratulations again for a well-deserved DMA!
Congratulations! I can't think of a higher achievement. Sorry if this is a daft question but is it a PhD in Medicine or Musicology?
Valerie,
That is Brendan's teacher - the well-known Robert Weirich
nerd.
WOW! I'm speechless..

Congratulations, Dr. Kinsella!
Posted By: signa Re: Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/12/08 12:30 PM
congrats, dr.!
Originally posted by Kreisler:
nerd.
dork
Well congratulations! May the time come that I will be Dr. Nikolas (Dr. Nick... laugh )

All the best mate!
That's great! Congratulations! Now what are you going to do.
Congratulations, Brendan! That's a huge accomplishment. smile Did they do a hooding ceremony at your graduation?
BTW, DMA in what if I may ask?
Way to go, Brendan. I can still remember my own defense. What a blessed relief! laugh
Congratulations. I have no idea what you've been through, but I can imagine that you feel amazing.
Posted By: 8ude Re: Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/12/08 03:01 PM
Wow - congrats!!!
Originally posted by Nikolas:
BTW, DMA in what if I may ask?
Piano Performance.

As for upcoming plans, my wife and I are spending two weeks in Italy (Amalfi - Naples - Rome - Florence - Bologna - Venice) starting on the 19th. After that, it's practice, practice, practice for some concerts and competitions next year. I'm also looking for a university job, but I'd be comfortable keeping my plate as it is now and just focusing on things that are already on the books.

smile
Congratulations, DR. KINSELLA!!
[Linked Image] <font size="+3" color="red">Grrrrreat!
Congratulations!
Brendan, that's a fantastic achievement! I wish you all the best for your future.
Dr. Brendan Kinsella .. oh YEAH!! thumb
Congratulations! What a great achievement. I wish you all the best.
Congratulations!!

Did you have to give a doctoral recital? What was the program? Can you tell us a little about your teacher?
Dr. Kinsella,
Have a wonderful vacation in Italy. I'm sure it's a much needed break.
virtuoso_18,
Why are most of your pieces romantic?
Originally posted by mozartian18:
virtuoso_18,
Why are most of your pieces romantic?
The original intention was not to be so romantically-centered, however, it turned out that most of the pieces I want to explore are romantic. I will be working on those pieces temporarily before I finish my high school final exams and start preparing a new program for my Contervasory admission auditions(which will include a piece from each era). I'm practicing very little these days as my real focus is getting a high average on the final exams in order to be admitted to Medical school, and the pieces will most likely change when I have enough free time available for serious practice.
Originally posted by Brendan:
As for upcoming plans, my wife and I are spending two weeks in Italy (Amalfi - Naples - Rome - Florence - Bologna - Venice) starting on the 19th.
OMG... we're going to be in Naples for two weeks in June. Let me know if you find any good piano stores or practice rooms there. smile
hopefully you'll be back by June 19th.
Hurrah! thumb I offer the Doctor my most enthusiastic contrafribularities!

Monica:
we're going to be in Naples for two weeks in June.

Better take some nose-pegs against the stench of the ~1300 tonnes of rubbish (garbage) piled up along the streets... and perhaps a shovel if you fancy helping out wink

Michael B.
Originally posted by PoStTeNeBrAsLuX:

Monica:
we're going to be in Naples for two weeks in June.

Better take some nose-pegs against the stench of the ~1300 tonnes of rubbish (garbage) piled up along the streets... and perhaps a shovel if you fancy helping out wink

Michael B.
[is swooning after doing a google on "Naples" and "garbage."] Uh-oh. Okay, Naples was my HUSBAND'S choice of vacation this year. (He has an international numismatists' meeting to go to and is bringing us along for the ride.) Yikes.
Hearty congratulations Brendan! As someone on ABD status, I know first hand the sheer hard work it takes to get a doctorate.
ehhh... what's up Doc? laugh

Congratulations, Dr. Brendan Kinsella!!! thumb

Any concert plan in Florida area?
WOW!! Great news. Mega congratulations to you.
Originally posted by PoStTeNeBrAsLuX:

Haha, that's one of the reasons why we're going straight to Amalfi/Sorrento after landing in Naples. I've heard a lot of places in the south share that problem.

Also, screw this exchange rate! Even staying in guesthouses instead of hotels is going to cost us $1200 for two weeks.
Posted By: Ted2 Re: Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/14/08 12:23 AM
Good on you, Brendan. Enjoy the moment, you have worked very hard for it.
Congratulations. That is a wonderful achievement. We are all so happy for you.
I got a chuckle out of Jamie 147's question as to whether it is a Dr. of Medicine or Musicology. I was at a conference once attended by Ph.D's, and there was a slight emergency. Someone called out, "is there a Doctor in the house?" We all replied "yes." only to be put down when the person, said, "No, No, I mean a practical doctor."
Again I offer my congratulations on your great achievement. Gaby Tu
Posted By: wr Re: Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/14/08 05:58 AM
Congrats!
Brendan:
we're going straight to Amalfi/Sorrento

Probably a wise decision...

Also, screw this exchange rate! Even staying in guesthouses instead of hotels is going to cost us $1200 for two weeks.

For those carrying the US <s>peso</s> dollar, Europe is particularly painful at the moment. For those of us earning in CHF, the euro is about mid-way between the 3 year high and low points, so neither cheap nor that expensive. Given that we live a mere 80kms from the border and that it is one of my favourite countries (in terms of architecture, culture, food and indeed people), we often spend weekends and longer periods in Italy.

Enjoy your trip!

Michael.
Posted By: epf Re: Help!!! Is there a doctor in the house?!?! - 05/14/08 03:00 PM
Congratulations!

Ed
Monica, you think Naples is bad. Try Venice for some real aroma. Gaby Tu
When are you going to upgrade to a doctoral tam? They come in pink, you know!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums