Piano World Home Page

Recital Worries...

Posted By: TechnoTrance

Recital Worries... - 06/06/01 10:35 AM

Hey everyone,

It's my first time posting on the new forum, and I'm still getting used to it.

Just to give you some background, I've been playing the piano for a while (perhaps too long for a 16yr old!) and I'm performing a recital this coming Tuesday (12th June where I live). I know this is probably far to late to change anything in the recital, but I would like anyones opinion as to the suitability/compatibility of the pieces I've chosen ie if they "relate" to each other well. The recital is as follows :

1st - Mozart's Fantasia in D minor
2nd - Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# minor
3rd - Schubert's "The Trout" quintet, 1st and 2nd movements only
4th - Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No.3 in D minor

Hopefully I won't be too worn out (cough cough!) after these things, and I am particularly worried as to how I am going to cope with the Rach 3 being last??? Should I change the order??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Mat D.

Re: Recital Worries... - 06/06/01 04:29 PM

Hi TechnoTrance,

Question, on the two non-solo pieces (Schubert & Rach 3), are you going to have a 2nd pianist or other accompaniment?

It sounds like you've got your hands full!!

What are the arrangements you are playing?

Mat D.
Posted By: magnezium

Re: Recital Worries... - 06/07/01 01:53 AM

just curious... where are you from?
Posted By: TechnoTrance

Re: Recital Worries... - 06/07/01 07:07 AM

I'm from New Zealand, that little country by Australia wink
Posted By: Daniel

Re: Recital Worries... - 06/07/01 08:08 AM

Hey, I'll probably be going to New Zealand within the next year or so (or atleast I hope so!). I've got some family down there somewhere smile It should be a great place for a biology student laugh

Daniel
Posted By: yok

Re: Recital Worries... - 06/07/01 10:42 AM

Greetings from Christchurch.

What part of this little country by Australia are you in ?

Good luck with your recital.
Posted By: Svenno

Re: Recital Worries... - 11/12/17 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by TechnoTrance
Hey everyone,

It's my first time posting on the new forum, and I'm still getting used to it.

Just to give you some background, I've been playing the piano for a while (perhaps too long for a 16yr old!) and I'm performing a recital this coming Tuesday (12th June where I live). I know this is probably far to late to change anything in the recital, but I would like anyones opinion as to the suitability/compatibility of the pieces I've chosen ie if they "relate" to each other well. The recital is as follows :

1st - Mozart's Fantasia in D minor
2nd - Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# minor
3rd - Schubert's "The Trout" quintet, 1st and 2nd movements only
4th - Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No.3 in D minor

Hopefully I won't be too worn out (cough cough!) after these things, and I am particularly worried as to how I am going to cope with the Rach 3 being last??? Should I change the order??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe a short intermission before the Rach 3, if you think you would be too worn out by the previous pieces?
Very Impressive programme, btw.

Let us know how it went!
Posted By: BruceD

Re: Recital Worries... - 11/12/17 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Svenno
[...]
Welcome to the forum!

Maybe a short intermission before the Rach 3, if you think you would be too worn out by the previous pieces?

Let us know how it went!

Well, by now, even the OP has probably forgotten "how it went"! 2001, s/he hasn't posted since then!!
Posted By: Carey

Re: Recital Worries... - 11/12/17 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BruceD
[...]
Welcome to the forum!

Let us know how it went!

Well, by now, even the OP has probably forgotten "how it went"! 2001, s/he hasn't posted since then!!
The Rach 3 probably did her/him in !! ha
Posted By: Svenno

Re: Recital Worries... - 11/13/17 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Carey
Originally Posted by BruceD
[...]
Welcome to the forum!

Let us know how it went!

The Rach 3 probably did her/him in !! ha

How cool would it be, if the now-32-year-old OP would just coincidentally decide to revisit piano world forums tomorrow, see this thread and tell us how the recital went (if he can remember)? lol
© 2017 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums