Piano World Home Page

Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)?

Posted By: newport

Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/16/19 03:34 AM

I came across this funny video (sorry it's in Mandarin, but you should be able to understand most of what they are doing) ... are you as good or even better, seems pretty incredible to me? (BTW:she said the piano is slightly out of tune :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTg5zz92I0Y

Another funny video (All kinds of piano teachers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=WHhsS-uScsI

Posted By: BruceD

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/16/19 05:17 AM

But he was wrong, wasn't he, when he wrote E-flat while she had played a D-sharp! I guess it's the fault of the out-of-tune piano! smile

Posted By: newport

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/16/19 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BruceD
But he was wrong, wasn't he, when he wrote E-flat while she had played a D-sharp! I guess it's the fault of the out-of-tune piano! smile

Haha, no contest, she won hands down. I think because he plays flute and not a pianist like her.
Posted By: NobleHouse

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/16/19 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by newport
Originally Posted by BruceD

Haha, no contest, she won hands down. I think because he plays flute and not a pianist like her.

thumb
Posted By: backto_study_piano

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/21/19 03:43 AM

I don't consider that I have perfect pitch. But I play a Digital Organ at Church - and on a couple of occasions I was asked if I could play a hymn a semitone or tone lower. Which I can generally do with a hymn but like to practise as such. But the digital organ has a knob where it can be wound down - handy if I haven't practised it lower.

And it really freaks me out playing and the sound coming out in a different key from what I'm playing. I generally sing while accompanying hymns - but no way if the organ is transposing, I have to concentrate so much more.
Posted By: SiFi

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/21/19 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by backto_study_piano
I don't consider that I have perfect pitch. But I play a Digital Organ at Church - and on a couple of occasions I was asked if I could play a hymn a semitone or tone lower. Which I can generally do with a hymn but like to practise as such. But the digital organ has a knob where it can be wound down - handy if I haven't practised it lower.

And it really freaks me out playing and the sound coming out in a different key from what I'm playing. I generally sing while accompanying hymns - but no way if the organ is transposing, I have to concentrate so much more.

Interesting. I think you are sensitive to pitch and tonal color. You're OK if you're actually playing the notes of the transposed key, but not if you're playing the notes of the original key with different pitches coming out. I'm guessing you have the AP gene and associated pitch sensitivity but that your AP hasn't been fully developed. If you're on Facebook, you might want to join the group "Got Perfect Pitch?" and tell them what you wrote here. I'd be happy to sponsor you if you PM me your FB name.
Posted By: Orange Soda King

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/21/19 12:51 PM

Here’s a joke!
How do you know if someone has perfect pitch?

Don’t worry, they’ll tell you again and again!
Posted By: NobleHouse

Re: Do you have perfect pitch (funny video)? - 08/21/19 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
Here’s a joke!
How do you know if someone has perfect pitch?

Don’t worry, they’ll tell you again and again!

grin
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums