Piano World Home Page
Posted By: JoelW Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 02:57 AM
... but I have recently become involved with a group who has discovered a space-time vortex 70 miles northwest of me. I'm really not supposed to be telling anyone about this. I'm only sharing this with you because I plan on obtaining footage of the great composers and I want you all to see. I've already traveled to previous time periods more than once now. The temporal destination seems to be completely dependent on intent alone. Not envisioning, not thinking, just sheer will. I can't explain it. I just know that this is real and I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. It's probably going to take me several weeks due to the fact that, unlike its time, the destination's location remains fixed. Getting to Europe from America and back in the 18th and 19th centuries is not going to be easy. I'll be taking antibiotics among other things so that I don't get sick and die, so no worries there.

I'm leaving tomorrow. Please wish me luck. I hope to return with something truly incredible.
Posted By: Carey Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 03:28 AM
Bon voyage !!!!!! thumb
Posted By: cmb13 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 06:15 AM
See you at the stones!
Posted By: Mark_C Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 06:24 AM
What do you mean "may" not believe?
Posted By: outo Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 06:48 AM
Don't forget to pack a metronome! We can then finally end the discussions about tempo...
Posted By: Hakki Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 12:57 PM
Why not? We all have been doing this for years. It is just that we haven't told you .
Posted By: WhoDwaldi Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 01:41 PM
Doesn't Liszt make house calls? 😁
Posted By: SouthernZephyr Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldi

I have read that he does.... and that he brings his pipe. We just haven’t been advised of any recent sightings
Posted By: newport Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 03:32 PM
Is that all?

I thought you made contact already!
Posted By: IosPlayer Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 03:37 PM
At last, something really pertinent on PianoWorld!
Posted By: newport Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 03:46 PM
The mere 'sighting' stories does not really interested me anymore. I want to know what happened next.
Posted By: SouthernZephyr Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by newport
The mere 'sighting' stories does not really interested me anymore. I want to know what happened next.

Read the 19 June post in the link below
There are more

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...-the-beyond-documentary.html#Post2433419
Posted By: newport Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by dogperson

Read the 19 June post in the link below
There are more

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...-the-beyond-documentary.html#Post2433419

That's nice! So one can go back in time and somehow make contact with all the famous musicians? How? Why don't they demonstrate how to do that in the current time first?
Posted By: newport Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 05:10 PM
Actually I think I believe in time travel after reading the recent news of what happened in 2004/2005 outside the east coast of USA, just that there is very little you can do after you travel back in time.
Posted By: cmb13 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 05:24 PM
Actually I think I believe in time travel after reading the recent news of what happened in 2004/2005 outside the east coast of USA, just that there is very little you can do after you travel back in time.

?
Posted By: malkin Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/09/19 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by dogperson
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldi

I have read that he does.... and that he brings his pipe. We just haven’t been advised of any recent sightings

Recently, he's been put off by people making him go outside to smoke.

JoelW: By definition, something "truly incredible" is the same as "something nobody is going to believe."
Posted By: wouter79 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 06:01 AM

obtaining footage of the great composers and I want you all to see

Cool! Looking forward to it ! Good luck and be safe )

Who do you plan to meet there? Do you even speak their language? How long is this trip going to take? And do you have a similar vortex over there (where?) and how can you get back (to the future in that case)?

And, how would these people react iif they see your camera? They might lynch you on the spot?
Posted By: toyboy Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 06:22 PM
Has he gone yet? I wanted to get a question over to Chopin. I'm having trouble with one of his mazurkas.
Posted By: BruceD Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 07:55 PM
You might want to check the credentials and track record of your time travel machine operator. Is there not the possibility when going back to a time when you didn't exist that you won't exist when you get there? That would then make it extremely difficult to come back, although if you didn't exist, then that wouldn't be a problem, would it? Quite a conundrum, I would think.

Gabaldon managed it with Claire Randall in Outlander, but that was fiction where anything can happen of course.

Cheers and, well, bon voyage, anyway!
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 09:04 PM
I don't exist. These posts are from the future, or the past, depending on your machine.
Posted By: AaronSF Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 09:33 PM
Whatever you do, don't alter the timeline while you're there! We may all disappear in a flash. cool
Posted By: currawong Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/10/19 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by JoelW
I hope to return with something truly incredible.
Hopefully not smallpox...
Posted By: NobleHouse Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by currawong
Originally Posted by JoelW
I hope to return with something truly incredible.
Hopefully not smallpox...

smile
Posted By: outo Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by AaronSF
Whatever you do, don't alter the timeline while you're there! We may all disappear in a flash. cool

Or worse... he interrupted Mr. Chopin just when he was about to compose his 4th ballade and never got back to it again frown
Posted By: joggerjazz Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 12:43 PM
It's all an illusion.
That'll be $100
Posted By: wouter79 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 01:38 PM
You: Didn't I already pay you?

OP: No, you pay right before I zap you back. Yes, yesterday you paid, right before I zapped you to yesterday.
Posted By: doctor S Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 07:26 PM
While you're out, could you answer this question also?

[Linked Image]

(To make it relevant, Professor Waxman must have been Franz Waxman, the composer)
Posted By: toyboy Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/11/19 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by outo
Originally Posted by AaronSF

Or worse... he interrupted Mr. Chopin just when he was about to compose his 4th ballade and never got back to it again frown

OMG, that explains it. My copy has been missing for the past couple of days.
Posted By: Orange Soda King Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/13/19 10:39 PM
This thread is wonderful.

Everyone is so supportive of the OP on his courageous journey. All the best, Joel, on your journey!!
Posted By: BruceD Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/14/19 02:44 AM
[...]
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
This thread is wonderful.

Everyone is so supportive of the OP on his courageous journey. All the best, Joel, on your journey!!

Yeah, but he's already back on another thread. So ...?

Posted By: wouter79 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/18/19 11:50 AM
He wrote this

It's probably going to take me several weeks due to the fact that, unlike its time, the destination's location remains fixed. Getting to Europe from America and back in the 18th and 19th centuries is not going to be easy.

I suppose that means he travels back in time (takes a few days?), then takes a steam ship to europe (2 weeks?) then by carriage and train to austria (2 weeks?), interview chopin and then go back (another 4 weeks?). So maybe he will be back somewhere start of august?
Posted By: wouter79 Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/18/19 12:05 PM
I missed this post
Originally Posted by BruceD
Yeah, but he's already back on another thread. So ...?

Indeed he was posting on june 13

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...li-better-than-steinway.html#Post2857964

So he needs to update us what happened smile
Posted By: bennevis Re: Nobody is going to believe this - 06/18/19 12:34 PM
According to Einstein, when you travel at (or very near) the speed of light, the concept of time as we know it is changed (and we know you have to travel faster than light to go back in time, unless you find a worm-hole).

Time also stands still when you're having fun (like travelling at light-speed - or even just playing the piano) thumb yippie
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums