Piano World Home Page
Posted By: 337 Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 03:34 PM
Hello, good day

I want easy pieces for beginners in the harpsichord.
I wish these pieces were baroque or classical.
I'm sorry but I want have many pieces, about 100.
Definitely more.

I have the notebook of anna maria magdalena bach and les cyclopes of Rameau.
So lacking a little over 80 pieces, can you help me?

And if possible in pdf
Posted By: DameMyra Re: Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 03:43 PM
http://imslp.org

Search for Couperin. Lots of pieces in his collections. Don't know how easy they are but there are lots of them. Surely you can hit your 100 mark.
Posted By: BruceD Re: Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 04:02 PM
Search IMSLP also for Sonatas by Scarlatti. Many of them are short, many of them are not difficult, but they would certainly fall into the categories of pieces you might be looking for.

Regards,
Posted By: bennevis Re: Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by 337
Hello, good day

I want easy pieces for beginners in the harpsichord.
I wish these pieces were baroque or classical.
I'm sorry but I want have many pieces, about 100.

Have a look at Denes Agay's Easy Classics to Moderns and More Easy Classics to Moderns, cheap volumes full of short and easy keyboard music. All in their original form.

They are meant for pianists, but the music starts with Baroque composers like Purcell, Handel, Couperin, Rameau, Telemann, Daquin, Froberger, Pachelbel, Scarlatti, Corelli, Sweelinck, Clarke, Kirnberger (who all obviously wrote for harpsichord or clavichord) to the young Wolfgang (& Leopold's notebook), and early Classical composers like Bach's sons.

P.S. I've just had a quick look at the volumes. There are about 120 pieces in each volume, of which roughly a third are Baroque or early Classical. You'll easily get your hundred.....
Posted By: 337 Re: Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 10:34 PM

All great composers, I shall consider each of them
Scarlatti's sonatas are easy and some of couperin too. The Leopold's notebook is also very good. Well, again thanks a lot.

smile
Posted By: DanS Re: Easy pieces of Harpsichord - 05/27/14 11:08 PM
Shirmer used to have an "Early Keyboard Music" collection in two volumes. I'm pretty sure it's out of print, but I bet you could find a copy on ebay. I have one of the volumes, and it's a great introduction to many pre-Bach composers.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums