Piano World Home Page
Posted By: octurn This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 09:15 AM
This is not a piano store:

[Linked Image]

But how did it sound?
Anyone even went to the concert (look at the empty seats in front)?

Posted By: Nikolas Re: This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 09:25 AM
Could it be a recording session?
Posted By: octurn Re: This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 09:39 AM
The linked text to the image tells about a concert this weekend in London.

So someone must have seen it?

But maybe I should check a pop forum instead of this piano forum to find someone who's seen it wink
Posted By: Dave Horne Re: This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 09:54 AM
A piano tuner's heaven.
Posted By: Kreisler Re: This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 12:31 PM
Doesn't look like a concert, it looks like one of the educational programs he does. The duet groups at the pianos look like children to me.
Posted By: bennevis Re: This is not a piano store! - 05/23/11 01:52 PM
I was there at Lang Lang's extravaganza at the Royal Festival Hall yesterday which was part of his 'Lang Lang Inspires' week, in which he played a solo recital, then three trios with his pals Vadim Repim and Misha Maisky, then two concertante works - Chopin and Gershwin - with a Brazilian youth orchestra, and finally this event with 100 pianists, aged 6 - 24, on 50 pianos. (Lang Lang made up pianist no.101 and participated with all the mass performances and well as being the compère...). They played en masse Schubert's Marche Militaire No.1, the finale of Beethoven's 5th (Symphony, not Concerto) and Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries as an encore - a truly amazing sound with 50 Steinways, Bostons and Essexs, and two conductors (so that those on the highest platform can see).

Individual pianists played their set pieces on the concert grand as well. All were selected by Lang Lang from 500 pianists who sent in videos 6 months ago. They all played very well - Bach to Mozart to Chopin to Khachaturian to Copland to Silvestri were all represented.

And all week there were lots of young people in the audience. All concerts were completely sold out, and there were long queues for returns. The photo was obviously taken during rehearsal - there was no elbow room in the hall yesterday and people were allowed in to stand....
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums