Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Mizo93 Practice space and time??. - 07/06/10 04:21 PM
I always had a hard time finding a practice time..
I dont feel like practicing when my dad sat on the table diagonally from my piano... or sometimes having my bro just playing computer games right beside me.. with the speaker on..

as my piano is in the living all.. so no matter where u look.. there still be someone there obviously..

juz feel kind of awkward doing scales, exercises, Hanon, learning classical and Modern pieces which I haven been able to played the whole piece yet when my parents is in the living hall or in the kitchen..

and is it ok if I practice in the midnight? or very very early in the morning?

Any idea on how to overcome this?

btw I juz wished to hav a piano room but which I cant with the limited space of my house..

Jen
Posted By: BruceD Re: Practice space and time??. - 07/06/10 07:56 PM
Mizo :

Your questions are based on a situation that involves family living conditions in what sounds like fairly close quarters and possibly personality issues and tolerance for your practicing as well. I don't think anyone not knowing the situation in detail can give any practical advice except perhaps that you try to find practice space outside the home.

Regards,
Posted By: -Frycek Re: Practice space and time??. - 07/06/10 10:20 PM
Jen, do you think you could come up with some sort of weighted keyboard that you could put in your bedroom or some other somewhat private corner? That would give you a certain amount of privacy to do all tedious for listeners stuff like scales. You could use headphones and no one would hear at all. As for practicing early in the morning - I get up at 5 am or so and practice before I go to work. That works for me. My husband and daughter are used to it and it doesn't bother them but your family might not be so understanding.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums