Piano World Home Page
1st March 2014 at 7.30pm - Alington Hall, Shrewsbury School.

Last season we experienced two very special piano recitals of the very highest quality: the first was performed by the distinguished Peter Donohoe and the second by our very own Galin Ganchev. In previous years we have seen amazing performances by Nikolai Demidenko, Freddy Kempf and Joanna Macgregor to name a few.

This season promises to maintain the stunning quality of the piano recitals that we are fortunate enough to experience at Shrewsbury.

The Welsh Pianist Llyr Williams brings a profound musical intelligence to his work as a soloist and accompanist. He has performed with orchestras around the world, including the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, London Mozart Players, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Hallé Orchestra, Sinfonia Cymru, I Pomeriggi Musicali and the Mozarteum Orchestra in Salzburg.
He also appears regularly at the BBC Proms in London and has given many remarkable performances at the Edinburgh Festival, including an astonishing performance of Charles Ives’ Concord Sonata in 2010.

[i]Llyr will be performing a proposed programme that includes; MOZART: Fantasie in C minor K475, BEETHOVEN: Piano Sonata Op.90, SCHUBERT:Wanderer Fantasie, SCHUMANN: Fantasiestücke, Op12, CHOPIN: Polonaise-Fantasie Op 61 and also Mazurkas by Szymanowski.[/i]

Tickets are priced for this intimate concert venue at just £12 and are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/shrewsburyschool
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums