Piano World Home Page
Posted By: dss862 Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/19/20 08:31 AM
How do u mix the sound of roland kc600 to make it sound like a rea accoustic l grand piano...coz when i play the grand poano patch of integra 7 thru roland kc600 .. it's sound like electronic one rather than accoustic one
Thanks
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/19/20 09:28 AM
You can't. If you don't find the Integra 7 piano convincing, there's no way to fundamentally alter the sound so that you do find it convincing. Sometimes a touch of reverb can help. Also, don't listen through a single speaker. A mono piano will always sound like it's coming from a box.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/20/20 05:11 AM
Welcome to PW.

If you post on the digital pianos section you might get a better response.
Posted By: Rickster Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/20/20 01:33 PM
I second Peter's warm Piano World welcome!

Most all digital pianos sound "electronic" to an extent. There may be some exceptions, but when my hearing was better, I could do a blind listening test with at least 99.9% accuracy that a piano was a real acoustic or a digital.

It is very difficult to adjust the "digital" sound out of a digital piano.

With that said, I'd venture to say that more people now own digital pianos than acoustic (except on Piano World:-). That said, part II, many digital pianos sound great.

I enjoy my acoustic pianos a lot, but I also enjoy my digital piano for what it is. I use a combo blend of the grand piano sound and the 1960's electric piano sound. I like that combo and use it most of the time when I play the digital.

You might try combining another tone selection along with the grand piano tone and see how you like it.

If you want the true sound of a real acoustic, you may need to get a real acoustic piano.

Just my .02, at a PW discount. smile

Rick
Posted By: Sweelinck Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/22/20 06:27 AM
I believe the most significant problem is the KC100 and its piezo tweeter with nasty high-end peaks that accentuate harmonics in certain frequency ranges, creating a shrill tone for a piano.

I believe the Supernatural acoustic in the Integra-7 is similar to what is in a Jupiter-50 or FA08, and a generation or two older than the piano in an FP90, but it should not be terrible. Playing through more accurate monitors will be an improvement, either a pair of decent quality studio monitors in stereo, or a higher quality PA or keyboard amp, which will sound ok in mono due to the wide dispersion of performance sound reinforcement.

edit: I believe the KC600 will have the same issue.
Posted By: Sweelinck Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/22/20 07:32 AM
I should have added that it still will not sound like an acoustic piano.
Posted By: gwing Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 09/22/20 09:00 AM
You *could* link your keyboard though to a separate software piano where you have the choice of hundreds of different piano sounds. But it still won't sound like a real acoustic piano, then increasingly large amounts of money spent on amplification and speakers get you closer and closer - but still not there. Whether you get close enough or not - that depends on how exacting your ambitions are.
Posted By: dss862 Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 10/21/20 07:28 AM
I have integra 7 , kc600 , a88 .. i cannot get the true piano sound -- full grand patch.. whay setting to i have to set to make it sound like an accoustic grand piano.. as seen in youtube please help
Posted By: gwing Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 10/21/20 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by dss862
I have integra 7 , kc600 , a88 .. i cannot get the true piano sound -- full grand patch.. whay setting to i have to set to make it sound like an accoustic grand piano.. as seen in youtube please help

I think you have been given as much help as is reasonably possible. Do you understand that the keyboard is not capable of sounding like a real grand piano?

There is no simple setting to achieve what you want, although with some work and/or expense it is possible to get closer to the sound of a real piano and there are some suggestions above on how to do this. If you ask your question in the digital piano section of the forum there will be more keyboard players there and you might get further ideas.
Posted By: dss862 Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 10/21/20 11:16 AM
... what's best setting in full grand patch of integra 7 to come close to grand piano?
Posted By: David-G Re: Roland Integra 7 , kc600 - 10/21/20 02:07 PM
Dss862, welcome to PW. May I suggest that you are not asking this question in the best place. At the top of this thread you will see a "Hop to" button. Click it, and then click on "Digital pianos - electronic pianos". This will take you to the digital forum. If you ask your question there, I think you will find many more people who are able to answer your question. This forum is devoted to acoustic pianos.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums