Piano World Home Page
Posted By: ebonykawai Little baby piano 😍 - 09/03/20 08:46 PM
I just thought this was cute and interesting! 😍😍😍

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1687724294715332/
Posted By: ShiroKuro Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/03/20 10:30 PM
Those are cute! I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of similar ones (butterfly piano!) but not with this kind of finish/coloring.
Posted By: Rickster Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/03/20 11:09 PM
I agree, that is a cute little piano, and a novelty item, if not a collector item.

My youngest grandchildren have one of those little Schoenhut toy grand pianos, and when I visit them I can't help but to play on it a little. Not sure it is anywhere close to A440, but the keys are tinkley in tune well enough to play a tinkley tune. smile

Whenever I play it, they want me to move and let them play it. I hope that is some kind of positive musical influence on the them. smile

Rick
Posted By: ebonykawai Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/04/20 12:56 PM
I wonder what these are like to tune? Rick, does the toy piano get tuned? How does it work?
Posted By: Rickster Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/04/20 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by ebonykawai
I wonder what these are like to tune? Rick, does the toy piano get tuned? How does it work?

No, the Schoenhut toy piano doesn't get tuned, I don't think.

I haven't taken it apart to see how it works, but the notes sound like a bell; almost like a xylophone. If you've ever watched "Charlie Brown Christmas", it sounds like what Schroeder plays when he can't seem to satisfy Lucy with his piano playing, until he plays what sounds like a toy piano playing Jingle Bells. smile

But I still get a kick out of playing the toy piano. Maybe I'm already into my second childhood... laugh

Rick
Posted By: Del Vento Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/04/20 11:46 PM
There is a boutique piano designer in UK which makes showy pianos mostly of bright colors, but they also have an option for a "butterfly" piano similar to this one in shape (but more like a regular baby piano in size and functioning). Can't remember their name now and Google is not helping me.

FWIW, I always wonder if the bass strings "need" to be longer, why do not make them go even more across and make something more like a square to have them even longer, rather than having the piano shaped like a P... But I guess I digress.

Yes, this one looks really cute...
Posted By: Kvar Re: Little baby piano 😍 - 09/12/20 12:37 PM
cute smile
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums