Piano World Home Page
Internationally acclaimed pianist, writer, and story-teller Robin Meloy Goldsby (a long-time contributor to Piano World) will play her first-ever Washington DC - area concert on the evening of Saturday, February 22 at PianoCraft in Gaithersburg, MD. The PianoCraft performance space is lovely, and the pianos are amazing -- but the room is intimate, so please reserve your seat(s) here if you plan to attend:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/robin-meloy-goldsby-in-concert-at-pianocraft-tickets-89297811157?aff=odeieiconstantcontact&ctct_id=8dd43fe9-074a-49a3-9e8b-5a2b760b028d_p2&ctct_c=xnU2mSKunRJxt9Mko0dcfZeLCu68P5wF06ChcOKhqFzDFTkX3v2SLA%3D%3D&fbclid=IwAR30BveGMVWfjD6s_hJIO13S4LF73h1yL-wnZ0mdtCtNENwSXbBeaOt7zY4

Hope to see you there!
Oh wow, wish I were closer! I love her!
Thanks, ShiroKuro and thanks, ClsscLib for posting. Here's a hot version of the link if anyone wants to attend.

Robin Meloy Goldsby in Concert at Piano Craft!
This should be a great concert! We are all looking forward to it. Hope to see you all there!
Looking forward to trekking out of DC for the concert smile (Thank goodness for Uber smile )
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Looking forward to trekking out of DC for the concert smile (Thank goodness for Uber smile )

Hey Tyrone, I could probably give you a ride out there if we can settle on a place to meet. Not sure where you're coming from, but I'm close to three Red Line Metro stations; it'd be no trouble to pick you up and make our way out there together. Why don't you PM me. Uber would be awfully pricey to go that distance.
Originally Posted by Keith D Kerman
This should be a great concert! We are all looking forward to it. Hope to see you all there!

Which fabulous piano will Robin be playing, or is that TBD?
Originally Posted by SiFi
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Hey Tyrone, I could probably give you a ride out there if we can settle on a place to meet. Not sure where you're coming from, but I'm close to three Red Line Metro stations; it'd be no trouble to pick you up and make our way out there together. Why don't you PM me. Uber would be awfully pricey to go that distance.

Well Uber is already factored in as my daily go-to as part of the cost of living in the middle of the city, but I'm grateful for the ride and some conversation on the way. grin I'll indeed PM you. Thanks! smile
I wish I could be there. Have a wonderful evening all.
Hey this is great; Pianocraft is close to my home. I just registered. Is it going to be a talk with Q&A as well as a recital?...if so, I might have to re-read her books; it's been a while. Thanks for posting ClsscLib!

Hmm.......that is a good question. There are several contenders at the moment smile so TBD it is!

Hmm.......that is a good question. There are several contenders at the moment smile so TBD it is!

Keith, just sent an email on this.
Is Robin going to take song requests? grin

Only half joking...
Originally Posted by scriabinfanatic
Is Robin going to take song requests? grin

Only half joking...

I have it on a good authority that at a minimum Robin will take song requests for music she knows that is already on the program. smile
A lot of people have signed up for tickets for this performance, but I understand that some tickets are still available.

If you're interested, see the link in the third post.

Hope to see you there!
Robin gave a great concert and broke it up with a number of very funny and also touching stories. Brava!

Thanks to Keith Kerman for providing the venue.

And Keith, next time I'll visit and you can definitely give me the tour! smile

ClsscLib, it was great meeting you and thanks for letting us here in PW know about this.
Yes, ditto what Tyrone said…nice meeting ClsscLib, Keith, and of course Robin. And I think I met Tyrone too, but I didn’t get an introduction per se, so I’m guessing at who that was! ha

Robin’s playing was mesmerizing…beautiful tone, flow, control, singing of multiple lines. And I’m glad to hear that she has a new book coming out this year!
Thanks to all that attended! Everyone had a great time and I also enjoyed meeting Tyrone Slothrop, Scriabinfanatic and everyone else. Here are a few quick pictures from the concert/one woman show and we also recorded it so it will be on our youtube channel soon!
https://www.facebook.com/pianocraft/posts/3024262820959919
Originally Posted by scriabinfanatic
And I think I met Tyrone too, but I didn’t get an introduction per se, so I’m guessing at who that was! ha

I was the one who got a ride with SiFi. smile
OK then I guessed right...I shook your hand just before the three of us headed out the door! smile
I'm so glad that you could both come, and that you enjoyed the performance! It was a pleasure meeting you both, and seeing lots of other old friends.

Robin was, as always, a joy, and I hope that we'll be able to persuade her to visit the area again soon. (Robin Spielberg, too!)

Keith, thanks so much to you and Shaun and the rest of the PianoCraft team for being stellar hosts. You folks are the beating heart of the local piano community, in my humble opinion!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums