Piano World Home Page
Posted By: kippesc 4/19/2017 NY Times Crossword (Emanuel Ax) - 04/20/17 04:57 PM
I just noticed on Twitter that Emanuel Ax wrote yesterday's NY Times crossword puzzle, and it seems like it might be worth a look. Other notable piano news: The day before yesterday, Stuart Isacoff's new book, When the World Stopped to Listen: Van Cliburn's Cold War Triumph, and Its Aftermath, was released. A banner week! 😉
Posted By: Corvus Re: 4/19/2017 NY Times Crossword (Emanuel Ax) - 04/21/17 05:40 AM
I really enjoyed last year's Van Cliburn biography (Moscow Nights: The Van Cliburn Story—How One Man And His Piano Transformed The Cold War). I May have to read this new one, too.
the puzzle co-designed by Ax was fairly straightforward, not too difficult, and only had one word with a piano-related or 'classical' music clue. had no consistent theme nor related phrases.
Originally Posted by huaidongxi
the puzzle co-designed by Ax was fairly straightforward, not too difficult, and only had one word with a piano-related or 'classical' music clue. had no consistent theme nor related phrases.

Darn it!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums