Piano World Home Page
Gary A. Trafton, 62, Ferdinand
March 12, 2015

Gary A. Trafton, 62, of Ferdinand, died Tuesday (March 10) at his home. He was born in Evansville January 23, 1953, to William and Helen (Sofer) Trafton. He married Donna Burger November 11, 1977, in Nashville, Tennessee.

Gary was a self- employed piano manufacturer distributor (Kimball rep, Brodmann rep, President of Piano Marketing Group LLC).
Well known and well liked in the piano industry.

He was an avid golfer and enjoyed movies.

He is survived by his wife, Donna R. Trafton; one son, Aaron Trafton, Ferdinand; one brother, Terry Trafton and wife Joyce, North Carolina; sister-in-law Elaine Trafton, Bonnville; several nieces and nephews; and several great-nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother, Charles Trafton.

A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday at Becher Funeral Home in Ferdinand. Friends may call after 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Disposition of cremains will take place at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to a favorite charity. Online condolences may be made at www.becherfuneralhome.com.
So sorry to hear this Frank.

Gary was good people.
Gary was a straight shooter. I enjoyed working with him, and he will be missed.
Holy cow. His dad was my middle school history teacher. His dad was a good man, sounds like Gary took after him.

62 is a bit young. My condolences to his family.
This is very sad news. Gary Trafton was total class and a real credit to our industry, he will be sorely missed.
I have worked with Gary for many years and I am stunned to hear this. I will miss him. He was a friend and was indeed a credit to our industry.
Very sad! Totally shocked to hear this.
My heart goes out to his wife and family.
Gary was one of the finest and most honest persons around.
He faithfully stood by his dealers at all times.
RIP dear Gary - you will never be forgotten!
Norbert
I was happy to meet Gary for the first time at NAMM this year. Seemed like a really good guy, and he was sincerely excited about the current Brodmann piano offerings. I am very sorry to hear this, and extend my condolences to his family and friends, should they happen to see this.
What a shock! RIP, Gary. frown
I knew who he was but just met him in person for the first time at the NAMM show this year.

We chatted about the business and what he was doing with Brodmann.
We discussed advertising on Piano World. In fact I have his business card sitting on my desk

Dynatone - It's all about the music.

Seemed like a really nice guy, very knowledgeable.

A shame.

R.I.P. friend.
Having worked with Gary on several different levels for many years I can tell you that he was a true gentleman. As a vendor he was top notch and having been employed by him for the past year as a part-time rep for Piano Marketing Group I can tell you my opinion never changed. Top Notch. He will be missed and I will let his family know of all the kind words here. Thanks

Gary was a true gentleman and good friend.

Three years ago, we were both fighting cancer together and our nearly daily calls to each other, in many ways, kept us both going. I will sorely miss our comradery. The industry has lost a shining example of what a rep should be.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and colleagues.
Just for those who care to know:

My sources tell me Gary did not die of cancer but went peacefully in his sleep.
May God bless his heart.

Norbert
Gary Trafton was more than a business partner to me.
When we started Piano Marketing Group along with Scott Shebeck, Gary was was the managing partner and taught us so much about how to navigate the waters of wholesale and business in general.
He was a trusted friend and brother to me. I will deeply miss him.
Our industry has truly lost a professional and ethical individual.

Cheers Gary!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums