Piano World Home Page

Kawai production numbers

Posted By: Radio.Octave

Kawai production numbers - 01/30/15 02:22 PM

Just out of curiosity, does Kawai publish its production numbers for given years, for certain models? I think with cars, the VIN will tell you what number you car is in the year it was built. Does the piano's serial number reveal that kind of info?
Posted By: Robert 45

Re: Kawai production numbers - 01/30/15 07:22 PM

Probably a PM to KawaiDon or an email to Kawai itself will provide that information.

Good luck!

Robert.
Posted By: PianoWorksATL

Re: Kawai production numbers - 01/30/15 08:36 PM

Kawai Piano Serial Number Production Dates
Posted By: PianoWorksATL

Re: Kawai production numbers - 01/30/15 08:37 PM

I'm sorry, I read your question too fast. The serial does not reveal that information, but you may be able to contact Kawai as Robert suggested.
Posted By: KawaiDon

Re: Kawai production numbers - 01/31/15 03:28 AM

No, our factory does not give us production numbers for individual models by year. I'm sure it's something they have in Japan, but it is not shared with us at Kawai America.

Re: Kawai production numbers - 02/01/15 12:33 AM

OK, thanks anyway

thumb
Posted By: Withindale

Re: Kawai production numbers - 02/01/15 01:09 AM

Have you looked at http://www.kawaius-tsd.com/pages/serial_manudate.html and what other information are you looking for?

Re: Kawai production numbers - 02/03/15 09:50 PM

I was curious about my specific model (RX6). Just wondered how many they make in a typical year.
Posted By: Withindale

Re: Kawai production numbers - 02/04/15 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Radio.Octave
I was curious about my specific model (RX6). Just wondered how many they make in a typical year.

Well, let's guess. Let's say Kawai makes 12,000 Kawai pianos a year in Japan and 4,000 are GX/RX grands. There are 7 such models and let's presume that the shorter outsell the longer in inverse proportion to the model number. That would indicate RX6 sales of about 250-350 units per year compared to RX7 at roughly 125-200 and RX5 at maybe 350-500.

Any advance on these numbers?
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums