Piano World Home Page

Kawai discontinues K2 : K200 or K300 replacing it?

Posted By: styzer

Kawai discontinues K2 : K200 or K300 replacing it? - 09/28/14 01:26 AM

Hi all, I went to the music store with my wife today. She had bought a K2 3 years ago but returned it (if memory serves me well, piano tuner/technician was taking way too long to come and prepare it after it had been in the house for a few months, and there was not date we could get). So today she finally wanted to make the purchase. She felt really good about the K2, it's the one that sang to her the most and which had the most compatible action for her taste (certainly that can also be adjusted post-sale). She also played Kawais a lot at Sir Wilfrid Laurier where she studied piano performance. Well, big disappointment of course, the K2 has been discontinued. They had a K500, which I kind of liked, but she didn't. We "may" be able to find a K2 in a store from another branch. So before going looking for the other new iterations, I wanted to see if anyone has compared the K2 with the K200/300 and if they could share their findings? Also, concerning Kawai's fall discounts, anyone knows if they are still running in Canada? Many thanks! Regards, Andre
Posted By: Robert 45

Re: Kawai discontinues K2 : K200 or K300 replacing it? - 09/28/14 06:57 AM

According kawaius.com the K-2 vertical piano is still available. There is usually a transition period when older stock is gradually sold before it is completely replaced by the newer models.
It seems too that the the "Fall for a Kawai" promotion is still available for new Kawai pianos in the USA and Canada.

Hope you find a piano you like!

Robert.
Posted By: M.O.P.

Re: Kawai discontinues K2 : K200 or K300 replacing it? - 10/01/14 08:14 PM

The K2's that are still available would be already on dealer floors. I ordered a few pianos this week, and no K2's, now shipping the K200's.
Posted By: peterws

Re: Kawai discontinues K2 : K200 or K300 replacing it? - 10/04/14 05:21 AM

Is this K2 what Pianoteq use on their product? I like that a lot. . .
© 2019 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums