Piano World Home Page

i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday)

Posted By: piqué

i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/04/14 05:24 AM

Linda Rez interviewed me for her show, Minstrel and Muse. We talked about my book, GRAND OBSESSION, and how a piano gets a soul, and a lot more of interest! Please tune in online at 11 a.m. mountain time:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/minstr...n-author-perri-knize-the-soul-of-a-piano
Posted By: Dwscamel

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/04/14 05:42 AM

I dig the waltz.
Posted By: AZ_Astro

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/04/14 05:53 AM

Perri:

I read your book and enjoyed it very much. I am new to the piano (two years now) and have developed quite an obsession myself. Haven't found my dream piano yet but I am looking and am only beginning to really hear the piano anyway.

I won't be able to tune in tomorrow (work work work!) but I would like to hear the show if it is recorded. I'll check the link to see if I can follow up later.

Best wishes,

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/04/14 10:46 PM

hi astro! yes you can listen to the interview any time now that it has been launched:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/minstr...n-author-perri-knize-the-soul-of-a-piano

best of luck on your own piano journey.

Posted By: Cassiesmom

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/05/14 12:52 AM

Hi Perri,

Just listened to and enjoyed your interview very much. I read your book about a year ago (recommended here on PianoWorld)-the first download to my Kindle library. smile LIke many others, I restarted piano a little bit over a year ago at age 43 after having lessons as a kid 30 years ago. So many things about your experience resonated with what I was going through.. on a different level to be sure, that It was just the right book to read and experience as I started on my own journey. It was great to hear a little bit too today about where you are at now in your own piano progress as a continuing student.

Inspirational. Thank you so much.
Posted By: Rich Galassini

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/05/14 05:23 PM

Hi Pique,

You already know I am a fan. You have always spoken well so I didn't expect anything but a fine interview. Brava!

How are the sales of Grand Obsession holding up? I would imagine well, because it is still a new product being released in new languages, isn't it?

Give us the low down, Pique!
Posted By: Rickster

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/05/14 06:59 PM

Hello, Pique,

I enjoyed your radio interview! It was informative and interesting; same as with the book, I’m sure.

I didn’t know you were a journalist. Have you ever appeared on any of the major TV news networks/media outlets? I’m somewhat of a TV news junky.

Anyway, I wish you continued success with your book, and Marlene! smile

Rick

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/05/14 08:01 PM

I have to add one thing.

I am a tiny bit disappointed that the picture of you and I together is no longer there on your website. frown

I get it, it is old news, and my current picture is older and fatter, but still... wink

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 04:52 AM

Rich i believe our photo is still on the website. I did not take it down.

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 04:55 AM

Hi Rickster
I have been on the Bill Moyers PBS show "Listening to America" some years ago to talk about my environmental reporting. But i am not a.tv journalist.

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 04:58 AM

GRAND OBSESSION was released in German this past november to rave reviews and quickly went into second and third printings there. It is coming out in French in april.

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 05:01 AM

Hi cassiesmom! Thanks for the.kind words about the interview. Glad to know you enjoyed the book.
Posted By: WimPiano

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 09:12 PM

@Perri, if only it were available in dutch wink Just kidding, prefer to read it in english, I don't like details to get "lost in translation"

BTW. I love your recording of the Chopin Waltz on your homepage.

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/06/14 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by piqué
Rich i believe our photo is still on the website. I did not take it down.

So it is. I apologize. smile

To see a fat guy with a pretty lady click here
Posted By: thetandyman

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/07/14 12:30 AM

Perri, just listened to your radio interview, and read your book about one year ago. I burned my Yamaha G7 and took up the lute. Only kidding! You wrote me a kind message that stated everyone has different needs and ideas of their pianos. Glad to have heard you today, and best to you! Bill
Posted By: WimPiano

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 03/08/14 07:12 PM

Perri, you're an amazing writer with an amazing story. Just bought your book and it's brilliant.

Re: i'm on the radio tomorrow morning (tuesday) - 04/18/14 03:55 AM

best to you, too, bill!

and wimpiano, thank you for the kind words, and thank you for buying GRAND OBSESSION!
© 2020 Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums