Piano World Home Page
Posted By: ventil Everett Question - 09/18/13 08:51 PM
My church has a 45" Everett console that seems in pretty decent shape, although the (one piece plastic) key coverings need to be replaced. Serial number is 101055.

I've used it a few times and it seems to hold tune pretty well. That correlates with my experience with other Everetts. They seem to be pretty solidly built.

Any idea how old this one is? What would be an approximate cost range to have the keys recovered?

Thanks for any information.
Posted By: M.O.P. Re: Everett Question - 09/18/13 08:54 PM
Hi Ventil, welcome to the forum! The serial number you posted for the Everett piano would indicate a manufacturing year of 1955.

I would recommend posting a question about the keytop replacements over in the tech forum, as this falls under their area of expertise, and you're most likely to get a fairly good idea of cost.
Posted By: ventil Re: Everett Question - 09/18/13 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info, Nancy. I'll post the key covering question in the tech forum.
Posted By: BDB Re: Everett Question - 09/18/13 10:14 PM
You should ask your technician about key recovery.
Posted By: Carey Re: Everett Question - 09/18/13 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by ventil

I've used it a few times and it seems to hold tune pretty well. That correlates with my experience with other Everetts. They seem to be pretty solidly built.

When I was a student at the U of North Texas in the early 1970s they had a good number of the Everett 45" models in the practice rooms and grad student teaching studios. The Assistant Dean of the music school told me that Everetts were built like tanks and meant to be played 24/7.

The first personal piano I bought was a new 45" Everett - still have it 37 years later. grin
Posted By: ventil Re: Everett Question - 09/19/13 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by BDB
You should ask your technician about key recovery.

You're right. After playing it a little more this evening, I realized it needs some regulation, too.
Posted By: ventil Re: Everett Question - 09/19/13 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by carey
The Assistant Dean of the music school told me that Everetts were built like tanks and meant to be played 24/7.

I admit to being fond of Everetts.

The piano I learned and practiced on until my junior year of college was my mother's Everett, given to her by her father in the early to mid-1940s. It is a console, smaller than this studio at the church, maybe 40"-42" with a more decorative, residential cabinet, but still very durable. My parents only tuned it every other year or so, if that. It held tune very well and only needed minor regulation from time to time.

My father still has it, although last time I played it, it showed signs of neglect.
Posted By: pelf Re: Everett Question - 09/19/13 03:42 AM
I still have the 45" Everett I bought new 32 years ago. : )
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums