Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Jolly Possible bargains? - 08/24/13 12:22 PM
With the dropping of Vogel and May Berlin, wonder if there might be some possible bargains out on Schimmel dealer's floors?

Anybody know of any orphans out there?
Posted By: Rank Piano Amateur Re: Possible bargains? - 08/24/13 01:08 PM
There is a Vogel grand at Cunningham Piano Company, at least there was a couple of weeks ago. It's a very nice piano. No idea what the price is. I don't think that piano prices drop when a brand is discontinued, especially if the manufacturer is still very healthy, though. Why should they? It's certainly not the same as a dealership or manufacturer going out of business. And it's the same piano as it was before the line changed.
Posted By: Jolly Re: Possible bargains? - 08/24/13 02:30 PM
IME, prices do drop.

Even if the company is producing the same piano under a different name, I believe it's harder to sales pitch an orphan.
Posted By: rlinkt Re: Possible bargains? - 08/24/13 05:14 PM
I have to believe that prices will drop on anything that is discontinued -- brand or model, unless its one of the rare products where it becomes a collector's item. I remember seeing a couple of people mention recently that they purchased Kawai RXs, including an RX-5, at amazing prices after the line was discontinued.
Posted By: Jolly Re: Possible bargains? - 08/25/13 04:12 PM
Proof?

http://www.frankandcamilleswest.com/kohler-campbell-kfm600/?gclid=CKz1r6--mLkCFWpk7AodFgMAnA
Posted By: malkin Re: Possible bargains? - 08/25/13 07:01 PM
I'd love to have one of those orphans!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums